Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Honestly that marine deserves a medal for not laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did anyone watch planes? Because that had a scene where the plane had to get castrated to win and that was a super weird joke.

Haha what the poo poo? Having never seen any of these movies, I had to go look that up:

"another character rips of the bottom part of the picture which is the underside of their body (a possible mild implication of castration)."

http://isthismoviesuitable.com/2017/04/20/planes/

Between this and "The KKK isn't real, it's actually just the SPLC" I'm thinking the simulation of our reality is bugged. That's probably part of the plan, just make things so weird you can do whatever, say whatever, anything goes. Chaos magick!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

http://i.imgur.com/IXAnNPF.gifv this might be the only small act of kindness I've seen from him.

Yeah, TD is loving this.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

frytechnician posted:

You are out of you're mind if you think that poo poo won't be unbelievably hosed as a result of climate change in that time frame.

...wouldn't climate change cause an even GREATER backslide into authoritarianism? I honestly don't know what you're getting at here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Covok posted:

In a perfect world, the Republican party would have died with Nixon and been replaced with a center-left party while the dems moved far left.

the probably is around that time young dems in the party were pulling it rightward economically.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

AceOfFlames posted:

...wouldn't climate change cause an even GREATER backslide into authoritarianism? I honestly don't know what you're getting at here.

100+ years? Try 20.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

http://i.imgur.com/IXAnNPF.gifv this might be the only small act of kindness I've seen from him.

For some reason I'm remembering that compilation of clips of Trump obsessively adjusting papers and drinks and stuff on desks and tables he's at, even ones that aren't his own.

I mean, this could just be a small nice thing he did, but that's what's coming to mind for me.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Red Baron posted:

Haha what the poo poo? Having never seen any of these movies, I had to go look that up:

"another character rips of the bottom part of the picture which is the underside of their body (a possible mild implication of castration)."

I mean, it's really clear in the movie that is what it's referring to. Then later he does get the tank removed and it gives him a high voice. "his crop dusting tank is his balls and they are holding him back" is a weird running joke.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

That is probably the most genuinely charming thing I've ever seen from him.

This

Its Gerald Ford levels of incompetence which is a massive step up for him.

I giggled when the hat flew off the 2nd time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sooner or later China will no longer be able to prop itself up by just throwing more government money into its paper economy or building cities that no one lives in

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was surprised china didn't totally collapse when that stock market crash happened.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Who wants to bet that Obama's coffee salute starts getting brought up again in relation to this?

Latte. Also reminder:

Mustard.
Arugula.
Fistbumping.
being Black.
Daughters and wife.
WH dog.
Everything bad.

*in another timeline where Clinton won*
Being the last reasonable Dem.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

was surprised china didn't totally collapse when that stock market crash happened.

The Chinese economy isn't particularly connected to the Shanghai exchange.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Maybe I was wrong about Trump. If you ignore the pesky things in his past and his unfortunate announcements for the future, he doesn't seem like such a bad person. The past is over and the future hasn't happened yet, so both are irrelevant.

Did he do anything bad during the last three seconds?
Checkmate Liberals!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PhazonLink posted:

Latte. Also reminder:

Mustard.
Arugula.
Fistbumping.
being Black.
Daughters and wife.
WH dog.
Everything bad.

*in another timeline where Clinton won*
Being the last reasonable Dem.

What the gently caress world are these people living in where arugula and Dijon mustard are elitist? It's lettuce and a condiment, not champagne and caviar for gently caress sake.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

DEAR GOD WILL IT MATTER YETTTTTTTTTT

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PT6A posted:

What the gently caress world are these people living in where arugula and Dijon mustard are elitist? It's lettuce and a condiment, not champagne and caviar for gently caress sake.

If its not vibrant yellow and coming out of a cheap bottle it ain't American :911:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Anytime I read about this trend all I can think of is that the group of people most hosed over by this country are largely moving into the areas that are going to be ground zero for the worst effects of climate change in the US. The world is insanely unfair and awful.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

How long was Trump Presidential for this time?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Internet Kraken posted:

If its not vibrant yellow and coming out of a cheap bottle it ain't American :911:

You can get Dijon that comes in the same squeeze bottle at yellow mustard at the same price now. It's not the least bit exotic or elitist unless you're time-traveling from 1920 or something.

How do people feel about grainy mustard and hot mustard, are those okay?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

It's going to matter one day when Trump is out of office and America is ruined

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I like the defense of "This woman was hysterical and useless, so this didn't really matter"

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Red Baron posted:

http://isthismoviesuitable.com/2017/04/20/planes/

Between this and "The KKK isn't real, it's actually just the SPLC" I'm thinking the simulation of our reality is bugged. That's probably part of the plan, just make things so weird you can do whatever, say whatever, anything goes. Chaos magick!

No, reality is Sim City where the player is getting bored and is spamming the spawn disaster button.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

PT6A posted:

Arugula? Dijon? What kind of gay commie European languages are those? We speak American, boy, this president thinks he's too good for that. :clint:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Also the whole but collusion was just our pretext defense. So goddamn stupid.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

quote:

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign,according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

PT6A posted:

You can get Dijon that comes in the same squeeze bottle at yellow mustard at the same price now. It's not the least bit exotic or elitist unless you're time-traveling from 1920 or something.

How do people feel about grainy mustard and hot mustard, are those okay?
Hmm it's almost as if it's super petty and they just hate everything he does no matter what :iiam:

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I didn't see this posted yet. The NYT posted a follow up about the meeting of Trump campaign officials with the Kremlin-linked lawyer.

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PT6A posted:

This will forever be "dijon mustard" to America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9VaX34asM

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The structure of the story is probably meant to indicate to those involved that a source is able to provide complete details of what occurred during the meeting.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

The structure of the story is probably meant to indicate to those involved that a source is able to provide complete details of what occurred during the meeting.

Trump Jr. says he invited Manafort and Kushner without telling them what the meeting was about so it seems like he's being told to jump in front of the bus.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

I didn't see this posted yet. The NYT posted a follow up about the meeting of Trump campaign officials with the Kremlin-linked lawyer.

If this is what the NYT is digging up on its own I can't wait to see what Mueller's team comes up with.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think Trump's two eldest sons might actually be dumber than he is.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Internet Kraken posted:

They didn't even have to learn how to con people properly

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Internet Kraken posted:

Speaking as a former Apprentice fan, on which they were occasional guest stars: Yes, yes they are.

Ivanka is smarter, but not by a huge amount.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

BrandorKP posted:

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

People in the Russian interference thread still complaining about this being a story, lmao.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Phoix posted:

Trump Jr. says he invited Manafort and Kushner without telling them what the meeting was about so it seems like he's being told to jump in front of the bus.

Maybe daddy will love me(but not like my one and only sister.) if I do this for him.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

khwarezm posted:

People in the Russian interference thread still complaining about this being a story, lmao.

Just the broke brained tankies.

Wasn't like a part of NuD&D supposed to be less low effort tankie poo poo posting driving out everyone who didn't join the circle jerk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Phoix posted:

Would Don Jr. turn on Daddy to save his own skin?

Given Trump familial relations, I say he would.

• Locked thread