Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Oh, yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Nessus posted:

Oh yeah? Can you elaborate? My money's on the Blackfoot guy.

I don't know what you're trying to imply or if that was just a painfully unfunny attempt at humor, but the movie was one big self-congratulatory pat on the back for a distinctly American intersectionality concealing a poorly acted, overly simplistic, pro-war cashgrab. The only problem with Steve's Not-Howling Commandos were that they were just another distraction from the movie's interventionist message.

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Autism Sneaks posted:

I don't know what you're trying to imply or if that was just a painfully unfunny attempt at humor, but the movie was one big self-congratulatory pat on the back for a distinctly American intersectionality concealing a poorly acted, overly simplistic, pro-war cashgrab. The only problem with Steve's Not-Howling Commandos were that they were just another distraction from the movie's interventionist message.
See I was figuring this was going to be about the Skeleton Warriors, this is at least somewhat more interesting. So do you think people are desperate to have interventionist fantasies validated or what

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Nessus posted:

See I was figuring this was going to be about the Skeleton Warriors, this is at least somewhat more interesting. So do you think people are desperate to have interventionist fantasies validated or what

Pretty much. It's okay to bring war as long as we're trying to prevent the use of Weapons of Mass Destruction, and as for world peace, we just need men and women of all colors and creeds to come together under neoliberal Western hegemony

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus it's kind of reassuring that no matter how cynical and pessimistic I thought I was there's a guy who saw Wonder Woman and came away with that message

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He's right, tho.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He's not wrong. It's still a well made movie but the core message is poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You know DC made a good movie when it takes goons a whole month to decide why they hate it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked her squad just because Spud from Trainspotting got a job in a big movie :)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

purple death ray posted:

You know DC made a good movie when it takes goons a whole month to decide why they hate it

I don't actually hate it. I don't agree with it. Pretty big difference.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Maybe I'm the only one here, but can we take the WW discussion to the movie thread? I'd rather keep this thread for arguments about Batman/Elmer Fudd and other comics and let everyone argue about the movie over there.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

purple death ray posted:

It's a movie that's as pretty as it is bland and has nothing interesting to say about anything and whose only goal is to introduce the starring character to a broader audience. You know, a marvel movie.

It's not bad by any means, in fact it's great at what it sets out to do. It's just not an interesting movie.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Maybe I'm the only one here, but can we take the WW discussion to the movie thread? I'd rather keep this thread for arguments about Batman/Elmer Fudd and other comics and let everyone argue about the movie over there.

Yeah let's go back to talking about Jason Todd

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Norns posted:

Sure

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Yeah guys, please only post about the Wonder Woman movie if you liked it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

I'm not sure how you got that from "please take discussion of a comic book movie to the comic book movie thread and not the thread about the DC comics."

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure how you got that from "please take discussion of a comic book movie to the comic book movie thread and not the thread about the DC comics."

Because nobody seemed to give a poo poo about discussing the single most important thing DC has done all decade in the DC thread until people began criticizing it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Please only quote his post of you liked it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Paul Pope cover for the Sandman Kirby one shot.

fadam posted:

the single most important thing DC has done all decade

WW isn't even the most important DC film of the year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9HE5IkfgOw

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 6, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Because nobody seemed to give a poo poo about discussing the single most important thing DC has done all decade in the DC thread until people began criticizing it.

Because they are discussing it in the movie threads here and in the movie forum.

You're trying way too hard to make this as "you just want to SILENCE my CRITICISM" as opposed to the fact that this is the thread about the comics and there is a dedicated movie thread. (This same happens with cartoons and video games as well for the record.) The vast majority of the same people post in both threads, it isn't a large subforum.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In other news I spent last night reading the first two thirds of Morrison's Batman run through Final Crisis and the coming back to life / announcing Batman Inc.

Holy gently caress. I had bounced off of it a couple times but this time it just clicked with me. It's so good. It was a bit jarring to jump to Final Crisis right in the middle but I enjoyed that too. If I hadn't read the fourth world stuff recently though...

I'm looking forward to finishing and then re-reading it so that I'm able to really get into the details rather than just keep up with the story.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

fadam posted:

Dude shut the gently caress up. You know that's not what I said. I don't give a flying gently caress if you liked it or not. I liked it. If you didn't that's fine. I just don't want to see this thread turn into a loving goon argument free-for-all when this is a thread for DC COMIC BOOKS and not a DC MOVIE.

Jordan7hm posted:

In other news I spent last night reading the first two thirds of Morrison's Batman run through Final Crisis and the coming back to life / announcing Batman Inc.

Holy gently caress. I had bounced off of it a couple times but this time it just clicked with me. It's so good. It was a bit jarring to jump to Final Crisis right in the middle but I enjoyed that too. If I hadn't read the fourth world stuff recently though...

I'm looking forward to finishing and then re-reading it so that I'm able to really get into the details rather than just keep up with the story.

It took me a couple of reads for it all to really sink in, especially RIP. I really enjoyed it though!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

fadam posted:

How about only post about the Wonder Woman movie if you liked it in the comic book movie thread. If you are feeling like your hot takes are being silenced, even in the movie thread, feel free to create a thread about it. But yea, there is a movie thread specifically designed for this kind of takes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Norns posted:

You know how Marvel has Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe?

I'm gonna pitch something to DC like that, but kind of the opposite. The DC Universe Kills Jason Todd. A series where each issue, a member of the DC Universe kills Jason Todd.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

You know how Marvel has Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe?

I'm gonna pitch something to DC like that, but kind of the opposite. The DC Universe Kills Jason Todd. A series where each issue, a member of the DC Universe kills Jason Todd.

I would buy every issue and cover I could

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remember me, Jason Todd? When I killed you you looked just. like. this! Takes off mask, is Jason Todd

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Remember me, Jason Todd? When I killed you you looked just. like. this! Takes off mask, is Jason Todd

:dogbutton: Whoa...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So a deranged future Jason Todd who faced his demons decisively and "killed" himself in a figurative sense came back to literally kill a version of himself.

Get me five copies of this issue, lenticular cover only, yesterday

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

graybook posted:

So a deranged future Jason Todd who faced his demons decisively and "killed" himself in a figurative sense came back to literally kill a version of himself.

Get me five copies of this issue, lenticular cover only, yesterday

Yeah but something something Lazarus Pit

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Norns posted:

Yeah but something something Lazarus Pit

Imagine a man rising out of a Lazarus pit, being beaten to death with a crowbar, and kicked back in, forever

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Imagine a man rising out of a Lazarus pit, being beaten to death with a crowbar, and kicked back in, forever

:cumpolice:

DT would probably go comatose

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

hell yeah

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

Take away the Jason Todd angle and this was a plot point in Batman Death and the Maidens.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/883045086464004096

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

YESSSSS

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DC's been killing it with their crossovers these past few years. I'm looking forward to this one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dexie posted:

DC's Archie been killing it with their crossovers these past few years. I'm looking forward to this one.

I still love that Archie vs Predator is a comic that exists.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Jordan7hm posted:

I don't think anything as wide-spanning as Batman to Final Crisis to ROBW will
ever be topped for me by a major comic book company. I still reread it annually.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That "into the internet" issue art though. Uuuuuu no.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Speaking of Morrison, some preview pages got posted for Metal #1 and the JLA is looking over the official Multiversity map. Much more interested than I was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just caught up a couple of issues of Injustice I was behind on.

Is there any universe where Green Arrow and Black Canary's wedding goes smoothly?