Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd imagine that good or bad, Toronto have to start playing Bruno 15-20 minutes a night if they want him to turn into something useful. Although I'm well aware that day likely isn't forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't hear much about OG Anunoby in all this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tae posted:

I imagine they won't be too eager to play him too much with the injury he's coming off of

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tae posted:

I imagine they're taking their time with him and his knee.

Also, am I crazy? I thought that the trade for Serge happened in 2016. My sense of time is hosed.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

morestuff posted:

Does this apply to Monk, or is the idea that he projects as a more versatile player in the pros

It does apply to him, although he also has high level reach and athleticism to go with shooting, unlike Kennard. Monk is not, however, a white guy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This is good

https://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/884146246448971776

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Good signing good price. They needed someone exactly like him on their roster with Olynyk gone.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Marking out hard for Ding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How much money did Aron lose by taking his option I wonder

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

How much money did Aron lose by taking his option I wonder

2.2 million dollars

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Greg monroe was the smartest dude ever to take his player option in this market

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd imagine that good or bad, Toronto have to start playing Bruno 15-20 minutes a night if they want him to turn into something useful. Although I'm well aware that day likely isn't forthcoming.

If he hasn't developed by now, I don't think he ever will. I'm over it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

"Let me do everything because your franchise is a loving joke"
"No"
"Bye"

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/884143020290981889

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao. Cool franchise Dolan

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bruno balled pretty hard in the D League last year. He's getting there.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao what other decisions was Griffin supposed to make?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
like, I get there's more than the basketball stuff to being a GM but... lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DeimosRising posted:

Bruno balled pretty hard in the D League last year. He's getting there.

Is he? I think he's a numbers only baller. Like you can look at his d league box scores and see that they're trying to turn him into Giannis light, but he fails the eye test really hard.

Dokmo phrased it once as something like 'he has a body that's perfect for basketball but I've never seen anybody seem less interested in playing'.

From my brief experience watching d league there's flashes of really cool stuff in what he does, but he still just places like a skinny kid with bad shot selection and low bball IQ.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

"So you're looking for a GM to run the Knicks?"
"Yes."
"Will I have authority to make basketball decisions?"
"No."
"..."
"You're signing or what?"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

attackmole posted:

Is he? I think he's a numbers only baller. Like you can look at his d league box scores and see that they're trying to turn him into Giannis light, but he fails the eye test really hard.

Dokmo phrased it once as something like 'he has a body that's perfect for basketball but I've never seen anybody seem less interested in playing'.

From my brief experience watching d league there's flashes of really cool stuff in what he does, but he still just places like a skinny kid with bad shot selection and low bball IQ.

Eeeeh that's not really how they use him. He's a much better shooter than Giannis atm and they spot him up or bring him off screens a lot more outside, he handles less and doesn't initiate the offense, he's more like a poor man's brandon ingram and he lit up the deciding D league championship game very much the way Ingram lit up his one summer league game this year. But then he only made like 2 shots in each of the other two championship games, because he's not a ball dominant dude who's out there getting to create offense. This is all based on my hazy memory of like 6 Raptors 501 games last year so take it with some salt but h'es not a point forward or an offensive creator, he's a rangy matchup issue on the wing who will hopefully be a solid 3 and D guy soon, and already is in the D League.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I probably should have clarified that I was thinking Giannis pre his point forward transition. Matchup nightmare, nabs steals and blocks, hopefully can shoot (LIKE KEVIN DURANT). In an ideal world. I'm just skeptical that he's up to NBA standard.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dolan has been so burned by PJ that he doesn't want someone to make any decisions.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
At this point are we even sure that Dolan actually stopped meddling in the team's affairs for those years

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

attackmole posted:

Yeah I probably should have clarified that I was thinking Giannis pre his point forward transition. Matchup nightmare, nabs steals and blocks, hopefully can shoot (LIKE KEVIN DURANT). In an ideal world. I'm just skeptical that he's up to NBA standard.

At this point I'd settle for somebody about as good as Anthony Morrow, given Cab wasn't a lottery pick or anything

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hey Mark Cuban. support net neutrality

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/windhorstespn/status/884171816654311424

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

What does he mean by stretch, buying Hamilton out?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What does he mean by stretch, buying Hamilton out?

Waiving him and stretching out his 2017-2018 salary. Like what the Pacers did with Monta Ellis.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

support net neutrality mark. without it the internet would look like that

*Points to Satnam Singh running down the floor*

it's not pretty

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

WhyteRyce posted:

support net neutrality mark. without it the internet would look like that

*Points to Satnam Singh running down the floor*

it's not pretty
lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dokmo posted:

Luke Kennard may be the least athletic player ever taken in the lottery.

Adam Morrison went 3rd!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Totally forgot Justin Hamilton was a Heater.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

MourningView posted:

Adam Morrison went 3rd!

A steal too, cant ask for more than 2 NBA championships out of the 3rd pick in the draft imo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That gives the Raptors somewhere around 6 million now for the MLE since they are hardcapped. Any good shooters left that can fit at that number?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Irsan would be a good fit for them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shawn Bradley went 2

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I got the itch to do something creative with basketball. Would any of you turbonerds like to do a podcast with me and my monotone nerd voice about the NBA draft and rookies over the course of the first year?

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

I got the itch to do something creative with basketball. Would any of you turbonerds like to do a podcast with me and my monotone nerd voice about the NBA draft and rookies over the course of the first year?

I think the same thing every time I listen to Zach Lowe. What did you have in mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

MourningView posted:

Adam Morrison went 3rd!

I went back and looked at that draft. What were the Suns doing that year when they drafted Rondo and traded him for nothing?

• Locked thread