Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Snake Pass loving sucks. Holy god are the controls beyond terrible. Do not buy that trash.
I gotta disagree, Snake Pass is a game with very unique controls and they will take time to click with players. It didn't take long for me to come to grips with the controls and I've found immense satisfaction in manipulating the snake around various obstacles.

Snake Pass is a cool game with good music and original gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

when your game isnt on the switch

Well Crash that's what you get for trying to insult Mario right at his HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I put one of the wrist bands on the wrong way and was horrified. But lucky for me it came off right away. Only snagged a piece of my finger in the process, but a bit of blood is a small price to pay to the Switch God.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

.TakaM posted:

I gotta disagree, Snake Pass is a game with very unique controls and they will take time to click with players. It didn't take long for me to come to grips with the controls and I've found immense satisfaction in manipulating the snake around various obstacles.

Snake Pass is a cool game with good music and original gameplay
Snake Pass is half collectathon platformer and half Octodad, the controls are intentionally part of the challenge.

Not everyone's going to be into that and it is definitely flawed, but I've never played anything remotely like it and I had a v. good time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am always extremely paranoid and cautious when it comes to handling new hardware. I was reluctant to even use the kickstand or open the SDcard slot too wide for fear they might break off and I examined the Joycon straps for a couple minutes until I was sure I understood how all the parts fit together

I drink a lot.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is it weird I only dock my Switch to charge and never to play?

I put my Switch in the dock as soon as it came out of its packaging and I've never removed it. I don't even know if the built-in screen works.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I play my Switch in all three modes and I'm an attractive millennial.:cool:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeANMcBAY posted:

I play my Switch in all three modes and I'm an attractive millennial.:cool:

To how many rooftop parties have you brought your Switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I play my Switch in a dock not connected to anything because the most powerful game of all is imagination.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i play the switch docked, undocked when i go places

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I play the switch docked when im on the go, and undocked when I'm sitting infront of my tv and the tv is not being used.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

What eshop games do you guys recommend getting for this thing? I know Snipperclips is supposed to be really good, and I'm already planning on grabbing Shantae, Blaster Master, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst at some point. But is there anything else that's out that's worth checking out?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't wait until people extrapolate the sales of Knack 2 in...I guess the UK is probably the best bet being better than Mario Odyssey as undeniable proof Knack is better than Mario in every way.

Wasn't there a large amount of true Knack believers on like neogaf or here in games that made a bunch of gifs before knack crashed and burned that are now retroactively hilarious?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Wasn't there a large amount of true Knack believers on like neogaf or here in games that made a bunch of gifs before knack crashed and burned that are now retroactively hilarious?

only on neogaf...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mega64 posted:

I play my Switch in a dock not connected to anything because the most powerful game of all is imagination.

https://youtu.be/G7RgN9ijwE4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

XavierGenisi posted:

What eshop games do you guys recommend getting for this thing? I know Snipperclips is supposed to be really good, and I'm already planning on grabbing Shantae, Blaster Master, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst at some point. But is there anything else that's out that's worth checking out?

How do you feel about the Puyo

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

XavierGenisi posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE INTO THE SWITCH. ITS DISGAYUH FIVE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KILLIA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME LOST ARMY BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY DEFEATED THE NETEHRWORLDS MOST DANGEROUS OVERLORD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE WIFES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE MET ALL THE OVRLORDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY NETHERWORLD LESS LONELY BY RECRUITIN EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
IMPLOSION trip report: It's....good?!

Seriously though, they redid the controls completely and it feels like a proper ARPG, to the point that I doubt anyone would play it and say "oh yeah that's totally an iOS port" (which happens all the loving time with other games, so nice change of pace here). The stats system is a little arcane with no obvious way to look up what said stat actually does (rage? extra restorative? :iiam:) but I'm enjoying it so unless it's significantly shorter than it appears to be, I'd say it's worthwhile.

Related, I could have sworn that the 3DS had game manuals that could be accessed from the home screen for every game. Did I hallucinate that, or did that just not make it over to the switch?

e: I got Bulb Boy because it looked entertainingly horrific, but the creepy stuff is all telegraphed in the trailer. Most of the rest of the game is just poop jokes, and "the rest" isn't saying much because it's extremely short. If it looked good to you you'll probably be content with an LP. :rip:

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 10, 2017

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Snake Pass is good sorry dum dums

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Puyo Tetris is definitely on my short list. Not terribly interested in Disgaea though. I've never really played many tactical rpgs.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

IMPLOSION trip report: It's....good?!

Seriously though, they redid the controls completely and it feels like a proper ARPG, to the point that I doubt anyone would play it and say "oh yeah that's totally an iOS port" (which happens all the loving time with other games, so nice change of pace here). The stats system is a little arcane with no obvious way to look up what said stat actually does (rage? extra restorative? :iiam:) but I'm enjoying it so unless it's significantly shorter than it appears to be, I'd say it's worthwhile.

Related, I could have sworn that the 3DS had game manuals that could be accessed from the home screen for every game. Did I hallucinate that, or did that just not make it over to the switch?

e: I got Bulb Boy because it looked entertainingly horrific, but the creepy stuff is all telegraphed in the trailer. Most of the rest of the game is just poop jokes, and "the rest" isn't saying much because it's extremely short. If it looked good to you you'll probably be content with an LP. :rip:

Are the implosion levels still 10 seconds long?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are the implosion levels still 10 seconds long?

If you're slamming them as fast as possible they probably average out to 3-4 minutes a pop so "10 seconds" may be, in fact, hyperbole? maybe

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If you're slamming them as fast as possible they probably average out to 3-4 minutes a pop so "10 seconds" may be, in fact, hyperbole? maybe

On iOS many levels were 20 seconds to a minute long. Sorry for my accidental troll

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

On iOS many levels were 20 seconds to a minute long. Sorry for my accidental troll

if that was unironically the case than :laffo:

but yeah no, they're short but not nearly anything like that

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Blaster Master is good, y'all.

That's my recent eshop update. I got Gunvolt too, in case I ended up not liking BM, but I haven't even started Gunvolt yet!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Zelda, ~ 2 hours in: I am not good at a Zelda.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

don't worry, it'll get way easier and lose all it's luster.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Snake Pass loving sucks. Holy god are the controls beyond terrible. Do not buy that trash.

have you considered Thinking like a Snake???

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tayter Swift posted:

No one is good at this Zelda right away so don't worry.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tayter Swift posted:

It gets easier as you go. Also it is a good game all the way. Dr Tim Whatley is just mad because he pirates amiibos.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

don't worry, it'll get way easier and lose all it's luster.

I keep forgetting which buttons on the Switch are which and this afternoon realized the Xbox controller swaps X/Y and B/A

Why the hell did Microsoft do that

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
I bought Shephy for $5 and I like it. It's an adaptation of a Japanese solitaire card game. The goal is to turn 1 sheep into 1000 sheep by using cards with various effects. It's nothing amazing, but it's been fun to play in 100% tablet (no joy-con) mode and it's only $5. The actual card game is going for $30 online so it's like saving money!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

I keep forgetting which buttons on the Switch are which and this afternoon realized the Xbox controller swaps X/Y and B/A

no troll i wrestled with the controls for about 3 days and got to the point that i almost stopped playing it was so bad, but they did finally eventually click for me, god bless and keep practicing!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm still mad that Nintendo moved away from the one true face button configuration, as seen on the Nintendo GameCube.

A at bottom, B left, X right, Y top. :colbert:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tayter Swift posted:

Because Microsoft are terrible. I played my 1 for the first time in forever last week and kept confusing the hell out of myself every time there was an onscreen prompt (it doesn't help that I have a controller without the colours on the buttons). In related news, Rare Replay has some awesome games in it, especially for $14. If only it were on Switch...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want more Switch buds for Mario Kart, Arms and Splatoon action. Add me, guys: SW-1651-3438-4706

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Extra characters for Blaster Master are cool, although I missed the free download for one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dr. VooDoo posted:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What gets me every time when swapping between PS4 and Switch is the swapping of which button universally means "OK" and which means "cancel". I mean, Japan had it right with the original PlayStation making O "OK" and X "cancel" and then SCEA decided to gently caress it all up for decades to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

enojy posted:

What gets me every time when swapping between PS4 and Switch is the swapping of which button universally means "OK" and which means "cancel". I mean, Japan had it right with the original PlayStation making O "OK" and X "cancel" and then SCEA decided to gently caress it all up for decades to come.

Its still the same in Japan

• Locked thread