Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Don't you fools realize we're going to be dancing for tips and marrying catgirls if we embrace this nightmare

It's to late, I already married Valkyr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
^^: :hfive:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Don't you fools realize we're going to be dancing for tips and marrying catgirls if we embrace this nightmare

But Valkyr is already Mai Waifu™.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 9, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

i'm failing to see the issue here

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I like the idea of killing giant robotic dinosaurs and I have yet to buy Horizon: Zero Dawn so Warframe is good I guess.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I can't wait to find all the geometry holes.

edit: I wonder if you drown instantly in the water.
edit2: Is it hosted on the player's system or DE's servers? Cuz if DE's hosting then I'm pretty sure someone's going to take down the game just being a silly git.

Also, how many players simultaneous in the Plains? Cuz if it's like Relays then poo poo's going to be dumb.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 9, 2017

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Nah man, that's why they put in sharkwing; Uranus was just a cover.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Denzine posted:

I can't wait to find all the geometry holes.

edit: I wonder if you drown instantly in the water.
edit2: Is it hosted on the player's system or DE's servers? Cuz if DE's hosting then I'm pretty sure someone's going to take down the game just being a silly git.

Also, how many players simultaneous in the Plains? Cuz if it's like Relays then poo poo's going to be dumb.

They said 50 people in the village. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to group up or go solo to actually leave.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They said four people to start with, with an eye to adding more later on.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Very likely the free roaming game map will be hosted by DE. The server side hosting has been a gradual thing. First they did the relays, then they made dojo server side, now possibly a game mode. The clients hosting conclave private server is also probably a test how his would work and the cost of doing so. But I doubt they would let private hosting of the plains since it could lead to data manipulation.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everyone was posting about this game in the steam thread and i got some free stuff from twitch prime so i made an account last night.

maybe i should have read the op before picking the apparently bad assault rifle and pistol

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Don't worry, those newbie weapons you picked are so temporary they're irrelevant. Submit an application to the clan, we'll hook you up with whatever :keke:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, once you get rolling with more stuff it begins to snowball after a bit. i don't know why the mk-1 weapons still exist, to be honest

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'll die inside if I have to travel 15 minutes over the open world to access a village mission.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sent in an application, gimme free stuff! :colbert:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I really hope the crafting stuff isn't necessary. I hate that part of Breath of the Wild (and ignored it in every Elder Scrolls game I've played).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Crafting is already a core part of Warframe, so I wouldn't count on it being tertiary here.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Yeah I need to join the clan too. I played this when the PS4 first came out but then Destiny came out and I never touched it again. Trying it again now it's fun so far but super confusing.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Mk-1 has one purpose.

Max rank it for the mastery points, replace immediately after and sell it for those precious slots.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

how the hell do i even build nezha. they're kind of weird overall

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DemonMage posted:

Crafting is already a core part of Warframe, so I wouldn't count on it being tertiary here.

I meant crafting in the sense of "you have to discover what combinations work by trial and error", a la the previously-mentioned games. Warframe's crafting/building doesn't really bother me since the recipes are up-front and all things from a particular category needs the same parts (e.g a long gun needs a barrel, a receiver, and a stock).

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

how the hell do i even build nezha. they're kind of weird overall

The Nezha components can be bought in the clan dojo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hello again. I just saw the new video.

WHY IS THERE MEAT IN THE WALLS.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Steve probably just played a Castlevania game, is all.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao if you don't store your meat in your walls

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao if you don't store your meat in your walls

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vakal posted:

The Nezha components can be bought in the clan dojo.

i was talking about mod-wise but who knows, maybe assembling another one entirely might magically give me the answers i seek

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

i was talking about mod-wise but who knows, maybe assembling another one entirely might magically give me the answers i seek

Heres what you do, friend. Put in all the mobility mods and -friction mods you can, and go hog wild.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

ElegantFugue posted:

Depends on if you like him. He's not really an end-game frame, but he does a lot of different things well enough for my tastes. I use him a lot with maxed Armor and the Safeguard augment, tossing halos on all my friends. Chakram is a way to pop some quick group health regen or teleport over holes you can't be bothered to cross normally. Spears is solid crowd control, and I guess Fire Walker is there in case I fall behind the group from slipsliding into a 5-inch pipe sticking out of the wall and need to catch up really fast.

It might be helpful to think of Nezha like a Rhino that sacrifices a little (but not as much as you'd think) tankiness and Roar for some frankly absurd mobility. He's my current favorite frame, but I can very easily see others hating him.

So basically, pretend you're building a Rhino but faster.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ElegantFugue posted:

So basically, pretend you're building a Rhino but faster.

Yep. Nezha is a really fun Rhino alternative.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if only i could put 8 copies of maglev on nezha...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ElegantFugue posted:

Steve probably just played a Castlevania game, is all.

yeah but we've seen a whole fuckton of Orokin ruins over the years and it's never been meaty.

goddammit stebe

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

IAmTheRad posted:

Mk-1 has one purpose.

Max rank it for the mastery points, replace immediately after and sell it for those precious slots.

oops i bought the better one for 25k and immediately sold the starter one. oh well.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

yeah but we've seen a whole fuckton of Orokin ruins over the years and it's never been meaty.

goddammit stebe

The meat is in the walls. :unsmigghh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I for one am okay with the walls being made of meat because I am an enormous Guyver fan and am all the gently caress for bio-engineering and growing buildings :v: The Orokin are basically already the Creators in all but name, anyway, might as well take that last step.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Our warframes are already filled with terrible meats.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

raverrn posted:

Does someone with a ticket want to grab me a Primed Continuity? I can give you ducats for it or Plat if you'd prefer. IGN same as here.

Edit: Got one.

:rms:

Wait what? Free maxed upgrade?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Shab posted:

Wait what? Free maxed upgrade?

Legendary core

You have a very, very tiny chance to get one from a sortie

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Synthbuttrange posted:

The meat IS the walls, the towers are alive!

Basically the joke I made two years ago came true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It makes sense, considering the Warframes are spam in a can as well.