Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Greenwald sucks big time

How many times are people going to have to learn that Libertarians are not your ally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

funny that this is basically exactly what greenwald is arguing (and has been for months) yet nobody's calling remnick a russian patsy

Yup, and Remnick haaaaaaates Russia. Like thinks we should turn Ukraine into a hot war levels of hate. He's giving good advice here to see how this all shakes out, rather than relying on the Abramson/Garland/Taylor crew.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's kind of insane that the NYT can release a breaking story showing Don Jr, Kushner, and Manafort secretly meeting with Russian agents, that the story is corroborated by five separate sources, that Don Jr has admitted that the meeting happened, that journos have dug up info on Goldstone's social media and confirmed it through his posts

That after all of the above, Glenn Greenwald (who deliberately nuked a source for the crime of sending Greenwald proof that Russian interference happened) trudges onto Twitter to claim that people are just being hysterical about Russia

glenn greenwald is almost certainly a russian sleeper agent being blackmailed for his weird pron collection which russian hackers have ransomwar3zed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The US should capture Putin and force him to watch multiple Pavel Petel vidoes until confesses his hacking plan.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

etalian posted:

Which source?

Was it that chick who leaked the NSA intel about how the Russians were looking into hacking voting machines?

that chick has a name and the name is... um... justice tomorrow? liberty belle anderson? oh wait reality winner

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

etalian posted:

Which source?

Was it that chick who leaked the NSA intel about how the Russians were looking into hacking voting machines?

Yes, he sent scans of the original documents to a CIA source, along with where he suspected she worked

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bill Mitchell is probably slaying pussy at Trump National Golf Club bars across the south

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

Yup, and Remnick haaaaaaates Russia. Like thinks we should turn Ukraine into a hot war levels of hate. He's giving good advice here to see how this all shakes out, rather than relying on the Abramson/Garland/Taylor crew.

I'm curious why you keep linking Abramsom with mensch twitter? I've been following abramson for a bit now and he's not spouting off wild conspiracies, and he generally backs his stuff up with sources and, if not actual evidence, strongly circumstantial stuff

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

WHERES THE NEW EPISODE YOU LAZY FUCKS

its been over a year :((((((((

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NYT right now:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884225846550171648

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

that chick has a name and the name is... um... justice tomorrow? liberty belle anderson? oh wait reality winner

lmao so much for heroic media being the good guys

quote:

The Intercept had contacted the NSA on May 30 and sent copies of the documents to the agency, in order to confirm their veracity. The NSA notified the FBI about the situation on June 1. The FBI realized the documents had been printed out because the PDF copies sent by The Intercept "appeared to be folded and/or creased, suggesting they had been printed and hand-carried out of a secured space".

Next, the NSA did an internal audit, confirming that Winner was one of six workers who had accessed the particular documents on its classified system, but only Winner’s computer had been in contact with The Intercept using a personal email account. On June 3, the FBI obtained a warrant to search Winner's electronic devices, and she was arrested.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

what was that tv show those two guys were on

one of em played a scientist on the flash and the other one played the flash's 19th century butler when he went back in time to the 19th century and was a rich guy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that can't be good

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/drasticactionSA/status/884226332984573952

I know I keep quoting my own tweets, but it's the easiest way I've seen of sharing video without going to YouTube.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

what was that tv show those two guys were on

Ed?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol trump "time to move forward with Russia "

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

etalian posted:

lmao so much for heroic media being the good guys

christ, why the hell would you use a work computer and your personal email to send a document like that tho

still that dude is a piece of poo poo

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this is a pretty great sunday newsdump it's gonna be a fun week

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

punchymcpunch posted:

glenn greenwald is almost certainly a russian sleeper agent being blackmailed for his weird pron collection which russian hackers have ransomwar3zed

nah, greenwald strikes me as lefty liberterian who went full tankie after snowden stuff. now he is basicaly fine with putin and awful right wing monsters like trump because "gently caress obama and the dems".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm curious why you keep linking Abramsom with mensch twitter? I've been following abramson for a bit now and he's not spouting off wild conspiracies, and he generally backs his stuff up with sources and, if not actual evidence, strongly circumstantial stuff

well, I didn't mention mensch there who really is on her own plane of existence, but these people are all peas in the same pod, along with Schindler and a few others who have no actual sources or expertise and just connect dots in their mind so they can build their follower list and turn it into cash. most of the time they're spouting nonsense that gets cleared up when reporters add the necessary context to the story.

also, you should probably stop saying that greenwald burned his source, since he didn't work on that story.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

DrPossum posted:

here's eric's response to his brother's light treason

hahaha finally! I've been racking my brain for months trying to figure out who he reminds me of. it's fluke man!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BUSH 2112 posted:

christ, why the hell would you use a work computer and your personal email to send a document like that tho

still that dude is a piece of poo poo

She didn't, she mailed them to him

The email was asking for a transcript of a podcast

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah, greenwald strikes me as lefty liberterian who went full tankie after snowden stuff. now he is basicaly fine with putin and awful right wing monsters like trump because "gently caress obama and the dems".

no he's a compromised asset of Russian intelligence

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Drastic Actions posted:

I know I keep quoting my own tweets, but it's the easiest way I've seen of sharing video without going to YouTube.

Please tell me how to start coding so I can learn to do poo poo like this.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
how are trump's kids even bigger loving dipshits than him, it's honestly amazing

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Drastic Actions posted:

im so uselessly angry that "cyber" is a thing

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

GrimGypsy posted:

this is a pretty great sunday newsdump it's gonna be a fun week

wait for the drip

the drip's the best part

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShutteredIn posted:

how are trump's kids even bigger loving dipshits than him, it's honestly amazing

The apple doesn't roll far from the tree?

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

The Glumslinger posted:

She didn't, she mailed them to him

The email was asking for a transcript of a podcast

oh man, i was gonna say, that's like opsec 101 right there

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
It is the eternal infrastructure week of the soul

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/306897375279083521

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Please tell me how to start coding so I can learn to do poo poo like this.

I wasn't joking, like where do I start, programming is cool

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

well, I didn't mention mensch there who really is on her own plane of existence, but these people are all peas in the same pod, along with Schindler and a few others who have no actual sources or expertise and just connect dots in their mind so they can build their follower list and turn it into cash. most of the time they're spouting nonsense that gets cleared up when reporters add the necessary context to the story.

Okay, fair enough, though I haven't seen anything for Abramson in particular where he overreached in his analysis (yet, anyway)

Joementum posted:

also, you should probably stop saying that greenwald burned his source, since he didn't work on that story.

yeah it's a total coincidence that happened when reality winner was upset with the intercept coverage and sent in information directly contradicting greenwald

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wasn't joking, like where do I start, programming is cool

https://www.codecademy.com/ is a good basic resource, start with something simple-ish like Python or Java I guess and then branch out from there

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

passionate dongs posted:

im so uselessly angry that "cyber" is a thing

the only cyber i know is the type one does in mmo's

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/884228414470750209

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

y'all still feel like cancelling your subscriptions now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

like here's Abramson's thread from today where he rounds up what we've learned and puts it in a bit of context

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884212914038747136

I don't really see anything egregious in there? Am I missing something?

on topic:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/873726812626354176

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

im goinng to cybber with russia

*everyone gets mad at potus*

sorry sorry im trying to delete it