Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tonight's Best Match Will Be:
This poll is closed.
Brock vs Joe 25 27.78%
Roman vs Braun 15 16.67%
Seth vs Bray 1 1.11%
Alexa vs Sasha 10 11.11%
Iron Man Tag Match 9 10.00%
Enzo vs Big Cass 7 7.78%
The Miz vs Ambrose 3 3.33%
Neville vs Tozawa 20 22.22%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ughhhhhhh go away cass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Samoa Joe sucks and im glad he lost but still that match was awful

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This Cass stuff is sad

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Against anyone else I'd be satisfied with Joe finally looking like a million bucks. But against Brock, what does that even loving matter? He still didn't beat him, which means he is literally everyone else on the roster.

Yeah if this exact match had been Joe vs Rollins and it was Rollins' standard offense instead of suplex city, I'm pretty sure it would have gone over way better.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
um cass your match wasn't exactly a main event

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah please put Brock out to pasture now, thanks. He's bad for the company and he can't seem to transition from the 3-year-old Suplex City gimmick.Having him beat Joe just makes no sense; Joe looks like a killer going into this and now he's just another guy who Paul Heyman gets to bitch about to shore up a 40 year old man.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dango Bango posted:

This Cass stuff is sad

luckily he's 7 feet tall and vince likes that

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wade keller gave the main event 4 stars

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

luckily he's 7 feet tall and vince likes that

imagine what will happen when someone figures out how to teach that

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone please tell me how Brock's matches aren't 90% lazy as gently caress, 10% squash/spectacle at this point, it's literally the same thing Roman does and yet lots of people whine about Roman and jizz themselves over Brock.

here's my white hot take: i like roman more than brock now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Cass has so little charisma you can see a tumbleweed rolling through his interview

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

brock is boring, i agree. roman as a concept is insulting.

Roman is at least there. He at least has a shitload of matches. He has different matches with different guys, even though he has a formula. Brock is boring, lazy, has a top title, only shows up about 4 times a year, and it's the same poo poo every time.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

CubsWoo posted:

imagine what will happen when someone figures out how to teach that

the performance center will start teaching only one class

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone please tell me how Brock's matches aren't 90% lazy as gently caress, 10% squash/spectacle at this point, it's literally the same thing Roman does and yet lots of people whine about Roman and jizz themselves over Brock.

I mean if you really need to be told the difference: Brock is a freak specimen and even his lovely, boring matches usually feature some kind of mind-boggling moment of physicality. Roman Reigns, by contrast, is a shitbird idiot who can't have somebody roll on to his goddamn shoulders for the world's worst Samoan drop without his knees buckling.

Brock also brings Paul Heyman with him, who is the best promo in the biz, whereas Roman is godawful on the mic.

Brock is bad for the product but we seem him twice a year, Roman is godawful but we see it-- and are reminded of it-- constantly.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shinjobi posted:

The PPV was good! It really was.

But Brock Lesnar is hurting the product, and if they think ratings are going to spike up because "some random dude made him sweat a little bit" then holy poo poo, I'd love to be an executive for the company. I've got plenty of other revolutionary ideas. Such as "Let's actually not have a show and go home."

I'm no fan of absentee champions either, I don't like him in the position

that said letting great wrestlers get loving lost in the shuffle would still be a problem without lesnar too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

here's my white hot take: i like roman more than brock now

I 100% agree.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

unironically bring back the hardcore title under 24/7 rules so the people on raw have something to do

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012
I mean tonight we had the best candidate for a Roman heel turn we've seen yet so things might shake up.

I...I kinda want to watch Reigns vs Rollins now.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So did every single match go to the heels? I guess I can kinda understand that on a tv episode, but it seems like you should have some faces win at the ppv's.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

politic her way? :thunk:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

I mean if you really need to be told the difference: Brock is a freak specimen and even his lovely, boring matches usually feature some kind of mind-boggling moment of physicality. Roman Reigns, by contrast, is a shitbird idiot who can't have somebody roll on to his goddamn shoulders for the world's worst Samoan drop without his knees buckling.

Brock also brings Paul Heyman with him, who is the best promo in the biz, whereas Roman is godawful on the mic.

Paul Heyman, much like Brock, has all the ABILITY to put on all-time classics but has been a lazy, one-note hack for years.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

So did every single match go to the heels? I guess I can kinda understand that on a tv episode, but it seems like you should have some faces win at the ppv's.

Slater won and Sasha won by countout

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

tweet my meat posted:

braun won

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Reminder that in order to face Brock, Samoa Joe had to outlast four other competitors in last months main event.

Also Heath Slater was the only face the on on the Pay per view and it wasn't shown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

everything says roman heel turn but he's totally going to play babyface tomorrow

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

The point is: burial or not, Joe lost and now what does he do?

Logic would suggest that he shows up and spooks Brock (and especially Heyman given those worried back-looks), and maybe a re-match?

I confess naivete, I don't watch enough a lot these days

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Roman is at least there. He at least has a shitload of matches. He has different matches with different guys, even though he has a formula. Brock is boring, lazy, has a top title, only shows up about 4 times a year, and it's the same poo poo every time.

Yeah but dude you get that Brock's matches are like that so Roman will look SO COOL AND STRONG AND BIG DOG AND YARD when he lasts more than five minutes with Lesnar, right? Brock murdered Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose and Samoa Joe and Goldberg but -- my god -- he's suplexing Roman and ROMAN IS LAUGHING?! HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY BE LAUGHING?!

It's all part of the same problem like it has been for over two years now.

Oh boy, Sasha's shootin'.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

KirbyJ posted:

Yeah if this exact match had been Joe vs Rollins and it was Rollins' standard offense instead of suplex city, I'm pretty sure it would have gone over way better.

Uhhh...have you seen Rollins lately? He's boring as gently caress.

Sasha and Cass are both terrible idiots who can't talk for poo poo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

this is a shoot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"you're another actor, another heel"

sasha you better hope vince doesnt watch this

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Brock's sprint matches are hilarious. I think Joe looked about as good as expected there. Brock vs. Braun is THE money match now and it's going to rule.

That's an odd way to spell "Brock vs Roman II," the main event of Summerslam and battle for our hearts

MotU posted:

You kicked his dick and you put him to shame
Too many germans makes a match really lame
That ending sucked
The title's hosed
Goodness Gracious Brock should be fired

also emptyquoting this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is it just the people they have on Raw Talk tonight? Why is this SO MUCH WORSE than Talking Smack from a wrestler promo standpoint?

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012
Can we get a "I WRECKED BRAUN'S AMBULANCE" shirt?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Is it just the people they have on Raw Talk tonight? Why is this SO MUCH WORSE than Talking Smack from a wrestler promo standpoint?

talking smack also has DBry, and it suffers when someone else cohosts

but also these guests are bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

well the bald guy sucks but yeah its partly the interviewees

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Yeah but dude you get that Brock's matches are like that so Roman will look SO COOL AND STRONG AND BIG DOG AND YARD when he lasts more than five minutes with Lesnar, right? Brock murdered Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose and Samoa Joe and Goldberg but -- my god -- he's suplexing Roman and ROMAN IS LAUGHING?! HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY BE LAUGHING?!

It's all part of the same problem like it has been for over two years now.

Oh boy, Sasha's shootin'.

I agree and I've been saying this for months but Roman still does more for me than Brock in July 2017 and has for a while.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wHAT did Sasha say?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I feel like not moving Seth or Balor to Smackdown was a huge mistake.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

wHAT did Sasha say?

used the word hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"you're another actor, another heel"

sasha you better hope vince doesnt watch this

They haven't announced the Total Divas casting either.

• Locked thread