Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lady pooped pants we so good news please click world is over

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Homeless Friend posted:

MALCOLMSREVENGE

he really owned those snowflakes

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i wouldnt be surprised if booker went full deray and accepted #brands as his personal savior

nopants
May 29, 2004
I can't believe booker lost the 2020 election after the hot pocket in his pants debacle. Outsmarted by trumpcore again

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why is Corey Booker so popular? He was the mayor of Newark right which is regarded as a shithole that hasn't improved under his rule correct?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Booker/Deray 2020

Just endless namedropping of brands

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why is Corey Booker so popular? He was the mayor of Newark right which is regarded as a shithole that hasn't improved under his rule correct?

He took selfies with every member of the Senate.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Donkwich posted:

i wouldnt be surprised if booker went full deray and accepted #brands as his personal savior

nopants
May 29, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

He took selfies with every member of the Senate.

So pantstacular. Such a man would never wear pants on his head or gently caress the chair

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

At least we won't get Zuck/Booker on the same ticket cause they're both from New Jersey. That's still a thing right?

zooker 2020

nopants
May 29, 2004
Everybody thinks New Jersey is awesome because of sopranos, that guidos show, and that episode of it's always sunny. What's the problem?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so, something i've been running into a lot with hillary supporters recently is reagan support. i know hillary praised nancy reagan, but are the centrists actually in love with reagan, and if so, how do they consider themselves democrats at all?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

reagan is a gently caress

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reagan is the neoliberal standard bearer, really. It's why Clinton and Obama both praised him as well.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Condiv posted:

so, something i've been running into a lot with hillary supporters recently is reagan support. i know hillary praised nancy reagan, but are the centrists actually in love with reagan, and if so, how do they consider themselves democrats at all?

The past is mutable and American politics is sport. Did my team win? That is an important consideration for those privileged enough by those who do not feel the immediate aftershocks of government doctrine. If the effects are not immediate, direct, and personal, media seeks to keep such people in a cloud where sport by politic is reasonable and attainable.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rand alPaul posted:

Reagan is the neoliberal standard bearer, really. It's why Clinton and Obama both praised him as well.

Yep, he was the first neoliberal president and probably did more for the cause than even Bill Clinton (although Bill made up for it by having sex with a child).

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

but if they're truly devoted to the causes of PoC like they claim, having a hero like reagan is extremely problematic. reagan left the dem party, but he framed it as "i didn't leave the democrats, the democrats left me..." well, the major thing that changed between reagan supporting the dems and reagan becoming a republican was the civil rights movement.

how can they think they're actually allies to PoC and at the same time hold as a hero a man who left the democrats because they weren't racist enough for him anymore?

nopants
May 29, 2004

Condiv posted:

but if they're truly devoted to the causes of PoC like they claim, having a hero like reagan is extremely problematic. reagan left the dem party, but he framed it as "i didn't leave the democrats, the democrats left me..." well, the major thing that changed between reagan supporting the dems and reagan becoming a republican was the civil rights movement.

how can they think they're actually allies to PoC and at the same time hold as a hero a man who left the democrats because they weren't racist enough for him anymore?

Make the past what u want it to be. All reality is manipulated. Who's knows if Reagan wasn't the perfect Kawaii hunk of your dreams?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Condiv posted:

No poo poo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yep, he was the first neoliberal president and probably did more for the cause than even Bill Clinton (although Bill made up for it by having sex with a child).

Reagan made up the welfare queen story and repeated it despite the press telling him it was bogus; Clinton then referenced it when killing welfare.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Condiv posted:

yeah reagan was a racist/anti-civil rights but at least he was dignified.. he was presidential

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Scent of Worf posted:

yeah reagan was a racist/anti-civil rights but at least he was dignified.. he was presidential

The people who prioritize this above policy will forever confuse me, it's the dumbest thing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MaxxBot posted:

The people who prioritize this above policy will forever confuse me, it's the dumbest thing.

The cynical ones know that they're not going to get anyone with good policies anyway.
The earnest ones agree with the policy.

But either way, when you know the policy isn't going to change, then you fixate on decorum because it's all you've got.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Worst is this isn't even an eyeroll and afaik Merkel and Putin have been on good terms for years.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

Even Obama had his "Reagan was good actually" moments but Clinton already went off the deep end with this poo poo with her trying to appeal primarily to never Trump cons and using Reagan's butchers as surrogates. Honestly if you're trying to rehabilitate GWB or riding on the coattails of Clinton, it makes sense that you'd try to rehabilitate Ronald Reagan and tell Carter to get hosed (even though Carter could be said to have been a prelude to Reaganism).

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Agnosticnixie posted:

Worst is this isn't even an eyeroll and afaik Merkel and Putin have been on good terms for years.
falsch, it's more that she knows Putin is more of less in charge of her political future; if he decided to turn the gas off her government is out on its arse.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the moderate republicans that hillary was trying to appeal to are the people who responded to trump's victory by asserting that reality has gone off the rails and nothing matters, as if anything outside 1990s neoliberalism forever is a lovecraftian horror their mortal minds can't comprehend

if that describes u then i got some news for u: ur a republican

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
but dont worry, ur a reagan republican not a turmp republican

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

the moderate republicans that hillary was trying to appeal to are the people who responded to trump's victory by asserting that reality has gone off the rails and nothing matters, as if anything outside 1990s neoliberalism forever is a lovecraftian horror their mortal minds can't comprehend

if you've ever gotten kicked out of a shoney's because you spent a half hour arguing with the waitress about abolishing the alternative minimum tax

...you might be a republican

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

deadgoon posted:

Yea they call themselves night crew now and hate this thread because it reminds them how embarrassed they were

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Even tho they all post during the day 🤔

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/aeneas_sh/status/884381708547751938

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884378624660582405
https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/884388123748315138

Nevertheless, she pertweeted.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It makes sense that the ones who have blocked him are best described as "crazy Twitter people" and the ones who haven't are more media types who get in dumb Twitter slapfights in their free time

ie Peter Daou and Candace Aiston have blocked him but Kurt Eichenwald and Joy Reid have not

e:

oh look it's the exact same take everyone else who read the Trump tweet had

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I asked r/ess why they hated the sandanistas if they were democrats and not pro-Reagan. they said it's cause they hate america and promptly banned me.

how odd Nicaraguans hated us after we funded and supported fascism in their country

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

I asked r/ess why they hated the sandanistas if they were democrats and not pro-Reagan. they said it's cause they hate america and promptly banned me.

harsh but fair

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

identity politics isn't consistent, plus their concern about PoC is more virtue signaling then genuine.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Republican rhetoric to explain why they're not actually republicans is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

oh look it's the exact same take everyone else who read the Trump tweet had

Everyone is clearly running for office in 2020.

(Actually, that's probably true.)

• Locked thread