Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I think tomorrow I'm just gonna say gently caress it and queue vikings all day in qm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AlmightyBob posted:

I think tomorrow I'm just gonna say gently caress it and queue vikings all day in qm

a good way to show blizz they need a buff is to lose a bunch of games with them :pervert:

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
HGC should be teams of 4 with the 5th being a rando pulled from the QM queue

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MisterZimbu posted:

HGC should be teams of 4 with the 5th being a rando pulled from the QM queue

We have that now. The QM team goes by "Naventic".

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The horror of watching someone spam their high level mastery emote.

On Sgt. Hammer.

Of course it was a bot game.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Toshimo posted:

We have that now. The QM team goes by "Naventic".

RIP beGenius

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This brawl is bad. Bring back pull party.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

AlmightyBob posted:

I used to do this before 2.0. Too many counters and bad maps for them now though. Unranked is still fun with them when you can get your drafting considerations right.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Just lol at the folks with Medivh during this brawl

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Every time I play any brawl that gives me Falstad I win, it's great and I love it

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, I picked Falstad today (a much better idea than going for that Tracer no doubt) and it was a very lopsided match even though the other team had a Falstad as well. :v: He is a loving monster with a basic attack build and Bloodlust active.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

At the end of HGC yesterday they played a blurb about Fenix...

it was the description of his SC2 commander and I wasn't paying attention and my hopes got up

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
New Fenix is blah anyways. If they'd timed old Fenix's release with starcraft remastered that'd be amazing. Or if they had some weird gimmick where he'd somehow cycle between all three modes (zealot, dragoon, AI) or make him a hybrid hero that chooses between the three.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
We already have a zealot Hero, so clearly he needs to just be a Dragoon that can hack or whatever.

Honestly, though, we just got an SC hero, we need more Diablo 2 poo poo. Mephisto and Baal are no brainers.

We'll probably get another Overwatch hero, though. Probably a warrior.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think all of the diablo heroes - but especially the humans like Li-Ming and Sonya - transitioned really well art design wise. I think having more leeway worked well while most of the ow heroes are way too skinny and tiny and their using the same exact voice lines is offputting. (SC is really good too, especially Kerrigan)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I got Greymane out of a box which I'm stoked about because I wanted him but I couldn't justify buying him, and the game was taking its sweet time having him go on sale. He's really really fun, but he suffers from the problem Illidan has where it's REALLY easy to get yourself way out of position. Getting kills with him is SO satisfying though. At one point I killed like 3 people in a row, which isn't any real feat but it felt awesome leaping into a teamfight and tearing people up as a werewolf.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

I got Greymane out of a box which I'm stoked about because I wanted him but I couldn't justify buying him, and the game was taking its sweet time having him go on sale. He's really really fun, but he suffers from the problem Illidan has where it's REALLY easy to get yourself way out of position. Getting kills with him is SO satisfying though. At one point I killed like 3 people in a row, which isn't any real feat but it felt awesome leaping into a teamfight and tearing people up as a werewolf.

I am a certified bad but the upside of Greymane over Illidan is that Greymane has insane long-range poke damage if you go for a full cocktail build. Yeah, it's easy to get caught out if you recklessly wolf into people but the trick with Greymane seems to be playing conservatively and sniping people down with cocktails, then waiting until they get low and overextend themselves and leap in.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kai Tave posted:

I am a certified bad but the upside of Greymane over Illidan is that Greymane has insane long-range poke damage if you go for a full cocktail build. Yeah, it's easy to get caught out if you recklessly wolf into people but the trick with Greymane seems to be playing conservatively and sniping people down with cocktails, then waiting until they get low and overextend themselves and leap in.

Yeah, he's a poker with good dive finish. Also ask your teammates NOT to kill those side walls. Since they're great for escaping with a wolf lung backwards if fights get rough.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I would love to try out the reset upgrade on 20 go for the throat, but hunter's blunderbuss is just insane good, how could you possibly pick anything else?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Noah posted:

I would love to try out the reset upgrade on 20 go for the throat, but hunter's blunderbuss is just insane good, how could you possibly pick anything else?

The Go For the Throat 20 talent seems like one of those things you'll pick and it'll come in handy maybe once every half dozen games at most, while Hunter's Blunderbuss will always be useful in every game. Greymane seems cool, I enjoy his playstyle of patiently hurling cocktails until someone's healthbar dips low enough that I can jump in and savage them before dipping out again, but he really does seem to suffer from one-build-itis.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Yeah, he could definitely use some more good talents to make other builds viable. That said, I love Cursed Bullet when QM puts me up against some high health dudes. Like, just deleting almost half a Diablo's (or Cho'Gall's) health bar at the start of a fight is so good.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Macaluso posted:

I agree, he's a ton of fun once you know when to dive into wolf melee mode. The mechanics of his skills and the visual/SFX are so satisfying. Pounce onto someone marked for death, immediately leap again from the corpse to your second victim. Kerrigan can get satisfying chain kills with ravage build too, but Greymane's ranged AA and flask shots are much easier when you are in lane. He's good at everything else, but amazing at burst damage ganks.

Picked up Ragnaros this week since he's on sale. Still fun after the nerf. I never realized that molten core could be used to hit the next gate/towers on certain lanes/maps. It does a really good job of zoning enemy heroes while your team is pushing. Finishing the meatball quest is so good. You can flip it backwards for huge damage on creeps and buildings. Hammer ult is one of the best teamfight abilities in the game, but lava wave is a really good counter pick if you're behind on keeps and/or the enemy team keeps capturing merc camps all at once. He might not be a top tier pick but IMO he is really fun to play and worth the crystals this week if you have them on hand.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Speaking of builds, in my quest to grind out quick lootboxes I've been playing some underutilized characters and I'm messing around with Uther who I recall got an overhaul not that long ago. What are some good builds to go with for him?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kai Tave posted:

Speaking of builds, in my quest to grind out quick lootboxes I've been playing some underutilized characters and I'm messing around with Uther who I recall got an overhaul not that long ago. What are some good builds to go with for him?

Grubby keeps a list of his preferred builds here. Keep in mind that you should adjust your builds to account for your team comp/the enemy comp/and the map.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The new Malfurion's moonfire shotgun build is so fun. The best part is you can keep revealing stealthed characters all day long without running out of mana.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Medivh might be my favorite hero to play even though his talents are pretty garbage and portals are horrible in casual play except for loving around.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kai Tave posted:

ALL HAMMER ALL THE TIME

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

How do I get a good damage output on D.Va? I play QM, matches are hit or miss.

Also I got an email for 5 lootboxes, but I never actually got them in the game. What do I do?

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 11, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

Boop things a lot. Stay in mech and in the thick of things so your guns are hitting multiple targets.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

Boop things a lot. Stay in mech and in the thick of things so your guns are hitting multiple targets.

I try this but usually I get destroyed, especially in my last match where I was up against valeera+varian. They just use a gap closer after i boost out to escape and take me down. What's the key? Defense matrix?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

I try this but usually I get destroyed, especially in my last match where I was up against valeera+varian. They just use a gap closer after i boost out to escape and take me down. What's the key? Defense matrix?

You should be stomping Val when playing D.Va, your boost breaks her stealth and then you just run her down while gunning. Likewise, Varian shouldn't give you too much trouble as long as you hoof it on foot until he blows his charge and THEN you boost, first towards him to knock him back and then actually away.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So is Malthael considered OP right now or what because I feel like every draft game I play he's ban #1.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

Also I got an email for 5 lootboxes, but I never actually got them in the game. What do I do?

What region are you in?

Non-NA regions got their boxes added to NA. Blizzard claimed to be working to fix it.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Fuzz posted:

We already have a zealot Hero, so clearly he needs to just be a Dragoon that can hack or whatever.

Honestly, though, we just got an SC hero, we need more Diablo 2 poo poo. Mephisto and Baal are no brainers.

We'll probably get another Overwatch hero, though. Probably a warrior.

I unironically want a Deckard Cain announcer and/or hero if only for having to stay a while and listen. Hell, they can just play the Deckard Cain rap for voicelines.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

PantsBandit posted:

So is Malthael considered OP right now or what because I feel like every draft game I play he's ban #1.

Yes he is super good and is 4% points higher winrate than the second best hero. In all high level grandmaster streams he is priority banned.

Although watching DunkTrain's stream, Genji gets banned almost as often, which is curious.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Genji is very mobile and tricky to kill while doing a lot of damage. Even with recent nerfs he's just tedious to fight if you don't concentrate him down.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Fried Watermelon posted:

Genji is very mobile and tricky to kill while doing a lot of damage. Even with recent nerfs he's just tedious to fight if you don't concentrate him down.

Genji also punishes mistakes, meaning that even with evenly matched teams it can easily snowball if someone gets low or is out of position.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I have a daily quest to collect 150 Xel'Naga Artifact Pieces during the Machines of War Event.

Fix your game, Blizzard.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yes, skill cap on Genji is very high. A skilled Genji just doesn't die and will annoy you all day if he isn't killing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010
The pick/ban rate for Genji in HGC stands at 99%.