Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Podima posted:

Those chapters really read so much better as a cohesive whole after the fact, my goodness.

Yeah, same. I just clicked that and read everything up to the present again and it's so much nicer without all the suspense between pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not to say that the suspense was BAD per se, just a different experience - I think it's impressive that Tom can create something that reads well both on a day-to-day basis AND as a collected archive.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Podima posted:

Not to say that the suspense was BAD per se, just a different experience - I think it's impressive that Tom can create something that reads well both on a day-to-day basis AND as a collected archive.

That balancing act is what I admire the most about GC.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tenebrais posted:

Donald Donlan's always been good to her.
He let her push the button to make the rocket go zoom, that's a good father figure.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Demiurge4 posted:

My dumb money's on Annie's dad who wants to create a way for Annie to transfer into another body when she has a child and not die.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Annie it's time we had the talk.
Dad I already know about the birds and the bees.
What no I mean would you download your brain into a robot body?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

A subtle bit of skin showing on his right hand there. Is his prophetic skin colored?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

antimonyyyyy

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Synthbuttrange posted:

Her dad's gonna feel real silly when she mentions that she doesn't really want kids anyway.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oh god what if Tony is trying to make an artificial body to put the fire elemental in as part of a sad attempt to recreate his wife :stonk:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Demiurge4 posted:

A subtle bit of skin showing on his right hand there. Is his prophetic skin colored?
Prophetic skin sounds like one of those bargain bin x-men powers they stick on the friend-of-the-week

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

RZApublican posted:

Oh god what if Tony is trying to make an artificial body to put the fire elemental in as part of a sad attempt to recreate his wife :stonk:

He knows that Annie can't be without that part of her and survive. He won't do it if he thinks it'll hurt Annie but if he's convinced somehow that he could save both of them then that's the case where he might do something very stupid.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

someone please analyze Tony's haircut

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Synthbuttrange posted:

The body has to be Boxbot, sorry.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The next page is just going to be a one panel of Annie yelling, "What the hell is this poo poo?!"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

RZApublican posted:

well i mean the court already knows how to make artificial bodies, theres something unique about what kat is doing.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I love this so much. We're all screaming like omg wtf is this and it's exactly what's inside Annie's head but she isn't gonna say poo poo, and omg poor Kat has like no idea what's going on. Aaaaaaaaaaa

I mean, it's bad, but it's good. Like Anna Karenina.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Tea-San does the best stunned silences in comics.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The polite and proper greeting when you see your daughter is always to say her name once before walking away.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Hey, Kat, what was my dad doing here?"

"Oh he wa-" *phone buzzes*

(1) message from T-Dog
omg so awks #TotalMorto rn

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RZApublican posted:

Get in the robot, Annie.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Samuringa posted:

Get in the robot, Annie.

drat, that's a great avatar you have there.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

well i mean the court already knows how to make artificial bodies, theres something unique about what kat is doing.

Seems like maybe she's found a way to make non-alive things alive in the sense that they can effect the ether. The court robots have personality and a sense of self, but they can't affect the ether like fairies or animals or humans can. If she can make robots that can, that's a big thing.

tl:dr kat will conquer the ether by mass producing robots who will die and imprint their beliefs in the ether

and she still won't think it's a real thing

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

And the RotD still won't know what the symbol of the creator floating over her head is.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Slime posted:

Seems like maybe she's found a way to make non-alive things alive in the sense that they can effect the ether. The court robots have personality and a sense of self, but they can't affect the ether like fairies or animals or humans can. If she can make robots that can, that's a big thing.

tl:dr kat will conquer the ether by mass producing robots who will die and imprint their beliefs in the ether

and she still won't think it's a real thing

To summarize, Kat:
    - Has met several very powerful etheric entities, but
    - Thinks that it's all a bit hokey, and
    - Is the Omnissiah.

Is Kat the God-Empress of Mankind?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Of Robotkind maybe?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That means she's the Machine God.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tony-tunes is looking a lot younger these days.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Kat is the etheric supercomputer that her parents built to control and trap Reynard. This accidentally makes her the bridge between man and machine and it's why she's the focal point of the robot awakening.

That's my theory anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My theory is that kat is really smart and a cool kid.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Lurdiak posted:

My theory is that kat is really smart and a cool kid.

mods????

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Tom has done a talk about his comic at Google!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25VVKLTksfs

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Obvious projection, the question is will she realize it?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Annie's faces in this and the previous comic have been so on loving point.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
I'm realizing now just how much emotional labor Annie demands from Kat. Like, yowza.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Synthbuttrange posted:

How many chapters until the crossover with Dresden Codak?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

How many chapters until the crossover with Dresden Codak?

Don't even joke about that.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Annie just doesn't understand scientists. There's no amount of personal hate that can't be overcome by collaboration on a really interesting problem.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

witchcore ricepunk posted:

I'm realizing now just how much emotional labor Annie demands from Kat. Like, yowza.

How do you mean?

Enourmo posted:

Obvious projection, the question is will she realize it?

I mean, Kat does hate Annies father. The pigeon that is her mind told us so. Or am I missing another thing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Annie isn't wrong here.