Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gonna say, expeditions might be a silly waste of time to set up every few hours but if they keep the rates as they are its essentially another free ticket and 5% moogle every week.

Getting a 40% atk/def/mag/spr materia once or twice a year is handy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What if you gave Fryevia Camille's TMR sword to free up a materia slot for another L&A?

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

4 L&A with two magistral crests will get you hitting the 300% cap on passive mag% and also mean splitting elements so that the ice imperil isn't as effective. It doesn't have the extra damage it seems it should

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

expeditions are MOSTLY a free roll, but also without being 100% on the ball on making sure i have them on full uptime i've spent roughly 1.5 million gil on them in the past week

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
20 free Sacred Crystals! I'll take that over a dozen atk pots honestly.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP update: Creepy Van Down By the River Dual-Wield Railgun Jake is the next CG storyline unit, along with Emperor Shera, Ozetta and Riley.

CG units thus far have been overpowered as hell, so you can guess where he falls in the spectrum.

Seriously, CG Jake is probably an upgrade for my avatar.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 10, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Is Middle aged man Jake still a creepy annoying assclown?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

Is Middle aged man Jake still a creepy annoying assclown?

Still hitting on everything that moves? More or less, though he's channeling some serious Wild ARMs Jack Van Burace these days... with bigger guns.

Dear Gumi/Alim: your Media.Vision roots are showing.

(About half of the current Brave Exvius dev team worked on the Wild ARMs games. If you think of Exvius as a Wild ARMs/Final Fantasy crossover game, things start to make more sense.)

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 10, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Midlife crisis Jake needs to compensate with more lasers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Midlife Crisis Jake is mad that his hair is no longer luscious and cool.

He mad.

Anyway, I just lost twice in the last two days in the Arena, I noticed that an enemy Rikku was the culprit both times.

Time to replace Reberta with Rikku. :getin:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Midlife Crisis Jake is mad that his hair is no longer luscious and cool.

He mad.

Anyway, I just lost twice in the last two days in the Arena, I noticed that an enemy Rikku was the culprit both times.

Time to replace Reberta with Rikku. :getin:

What's she doing that's the problem? With status effects back, I switched out Rikku for Ling.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So instead of having one more mediocre Ashe in a sea of them, I am switching my friend unit to a Lightning that can solo Gilgamesh by auto attacking. For anyone who hasn't beaten him yet, just have her attack every turn and you will (very slowly) eventually win. She has 100% evade and immune to death so she can't be touched.

I don't have a ton of slots open right now but people actually want to use her I'll open some more up.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 10, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6me2ld/lunera_blanc_ruggles_and_helena_banner/

Aigaion is here and we are all dooooooomed....

drat if this is next week, I need more time to TM farm my Wilhelm build. I tried so hard to get a drat Rassler but I failed. At least I've got his shield done. I've also got two Hill Diggers at 75% and an Ilias complete, it'll have to do.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat it! Give me those Gilgamesh enhancements.

At least the next banner is pretty awful unless you want Lunera, so I don't need to try and roll for a TM or anything. Looks like they're adding a full party all stats buff onto her base song so she's definitely more of a Ramza replacement. but given that her enhancements are increasing the buff to 40% and then 90%, I have to wonder if they're making it just a 30% buff to start or if they'll change her enhancements and make it like 50/70/90 instead.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 10, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, people were right about having lunera's song be the prelude to the bards on global. Wow, what greedy motherfuckers

You should roll for bran anyways because you cant have more than one of a particular unit for 10 mans, so if you are going for 4* that can chain well then a Bran + Setzer can help you on those trials.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Nuebot posted:

For like two days I was just wrecking this guy in one turn. It was a super easy match every time. Today, I fight him same as ever. His team had not changed at all. This time the AI lucked out and petrified everyone on my team not immune to it and then one because no one could un-petrify.

I encountered a Team with a very special Rain yesterday. I had the first turn so I did my usual AoE chaining thing but this Rain was particularly sturdier than usual for some reason. I discovered why pretty fast as the fucker counter-attacked with a petrification swordsomething and just petrified all my attackers.

I now have everyone on my Arena team equipped with the Stone Immunity moogle event passive because people because gently caress that poo poo.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
They... buffed Lunera for global? And they're saying Balthier would have broken the meta?

:psyduck:

It should be noted that Ruggles, the 3* fodder unit, has a 6* upgrade in the JP version. It's not anywhere as good as Roselia's 6* upgrade (Triplecast White), but on par with a unit like Kelsus. That said, by the time we get it, he won't be worth it unless his GL form gets buffs.

Of the enhancements, Luneth and DK Cecil are the most potent of the bunch.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 10, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Varance posted:

They... buffed Lunera for global? And they're saying Balthier would have broken the meta?

:psyduck:

Her "buff" is basically her song enhancements being baked in. I doubt they'll push her to 100% all stats like ramza since she inherently does more damage than him when you dont need to sing (but then she cant break as hard as ramza either so its a wash)

Also not releasing balthier is hella stupid when in the same patch you are giving out Luneths, DRK Cecil buffs. Luneth was already higher rated than balthier as a finisher post enhancements. Balthiers enhancements actually sort of puts him on par with Luneth because his biggest weakness was that he relied on dodging to trigger his stronger finisher, now he can self trigger it like Luneth/Noctis

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 10, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
"We'll take all of your money, then release Ramza's enhancements after Roy comes out around Thanksgiving."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
No no, that's when they'll release the super rare Turkey Lid and Pilgrim Jake seasonal units.

Count me in on the no Gilgamesh enhancements salt. It's not like he's gamebreaking like Ramza or anything.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Before Greg we still gotta do the Halloween unit enhancements

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Eagerly awaiting Aigaion Trial tears. :allears:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
What's the best way to gear Rikku for maximum LB uptime? I have the event fist weapon (Overdrive?) and I just finished grinding out an Ignorance. I have her and Kelsus's TM almost done. Should I grind out another dual wield and equip spear for the moogle spear?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

What's the best way to gear Rikku for maximum LB uptime? I have the event fist weapon (Overdrive?) and I just finished grinding out an Ignorance. I have her and Kelsus's TM almost done. Should I grind out another dual wield and equip spear for the moogle spear?

Don't forget the moogle TM that you'll have 20 of.

When I was testing out my invincible Lightning Gilgamesh run, I had Rikku in my party and she was able to do her LB every turn, it was amazing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm going to have to remember all these great LB gear items and make a gimmick WIlhelm build. His is probably the next TM I'm maxing, after Tidus. It's too bad they nerfed the draw attacks buff off the Anniversary coat.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pulled two more Ashes, so I guess I have a pretty decent Mote farming team. The one I leveled to 100 chains gorgeously with Reberta, makes life really easy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Read on if you want to know why you are getting raped. Btw, it's a four hour fight unless they nerf it for global.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Machina_of_Destruction

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Four hours? Ffs. At least we have fryevia and the thing can be spr broken, that should make this a lot easier with the Ice weakness right?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
good thing these trials are permanent and don't have to be done right away

PaybackJack posted:

I'm going to have to remember all these great LB gear items and make a gimmick WIlhelm build. His is probably the next TM I'm maxing, after Tidus. It's too bad they nerfed the draw attacks buff off the Anniversary coat.

i've maxed wilhelm's lb but with prodigy goggles not stacking it's currently not a guaranteed lb every turn if that's what you're aiming for

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Palleon posted:

Don't forget the moogle TM that you'll have 20 of.

When I was testing out my invincible Lightning Gilgamesh run, I had Rikku in my party and she was able to do her LB every turn, it was amazing.

Oh yeah, I have moogle tm on her too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tipme posted:

Before Greg we still gotta do the Halloween unit enhancements

I'd be amazed if we get those before Halloween (if ever).

Cartoon Man posted:

Read on if you want to know why you are getting raped. Btw, it's a four hour fight unless they nerf it for global.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Machina_of_Destruction

It's only a 4 hour fight if you do the slow and steady method.

For those who are wondering, yes, the 100% holy resist is Gumi/Alim's response to Orlandu. On the upside, the body is weak to Ice and we have Fryevia and the body's only break weakness is SPR. :getin:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Hey I'm in a screenshot! :D

That Machine Killer I farmed up is about to pay dividends...

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 10, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Just started playing this game a few weeks ago and pulled a few dozen times but no rainbows, the rate seems loving atrocious but I guess I started at the right time because the game has been making GBS threads out awakening mats and now I have 6* Rikku, Refia, and WoL and they are all cool and good, Luneth less so because he is super boring

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

UHD posted:

Just started playing this game a few weeks ago and pulled a few dozen times but no rainbows, the rate seems loving atrocious but I guess I started at the right time because the game has been making GBS threads out awakening mats and now I have 6* Rikku, Refia, and WoL and they are all cool and good, Luneth less so because he is super boring

Luneth is about to become a LOT less boring...

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Luneth is about to become a LOT less boring...

Good because he's hella boring now

It's between him and Amelia for my next 6* because they're the best I got for the respective roles of "hit something a lot" and "hit something super hard"

At least for now cause I saw that Nier announcement and welp not pulling anything until then

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

UHD posted:

Good because he's hella boring now

It's between him and Amelia for my next 6* because they're the best I got for the respective roles of "hit something a lot" and "hit something super hard"

At least for now cause I saw that Nier announcement and welp not pulling anything until then

Highly recommend rerolling with an emulator as the OP states until you get 1 or 2 6* top tier units, you'll never have better results

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 10, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Should I pull from the "Rare Summon" banner ever?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Doesn't the "Rare Summon" banner just default to the current banner, anyway?

With that said, you should never do the 500 lapis pull. Save for 10+1 pulls.

Semi related: there's a once/day 350 lapis bundle available that gives 1 summon ticket and 500 motes. I've been buying that since we've got free dailies.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

UHD posted:

I've pulled hundreds if not a thousand times and gotten 4. Welcome to Hell.

Edit: I lied, I got a rainbow Sazh and Krile before the summon change.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you got a real itch to pull and don't want the banner rate up characters basically. Maybe you're going for a long bomb chasing an off-banner character for example.

So basically no.

• Locked thread