Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Everyone post your stats before giving expert advice, so I know who to believe. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

benzine posted:

Watching Grimmz stream, so salty after guy just killed him. Don't know why the need to say so much excuses, as he is such a good player.

He's one of those guys that assigns morality to people's playstyle. Killed 1v1 in an open field: good fight! Killed by someone using 3rd person laying on a roof: trash.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Everyone post your stats before giving expert advice, so I know who to believe. Thank you.

You first.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pls... don't be too harsh.

https://pubg.me/player/WEEDBABYGOKU420?season=2017-pre2&region=sa

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

succ posted:

He's one of those guys that assigns morality to people's playstyle. Killed 1v1 in an open field: good fight! Killed by someone using 3rd person laying on a roof: trash.

I don't watch his stream, just his highlights. Maybe that's why I like him more. The highlights he seems to tske things in strode 90% of the time.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

succ posted:

This is a correct opinion.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Tokubetsu posted:

it's gonna be a lot of dudes taking each other out in the first 5-10 mins of the match, a giant boring middle and then another crazy 2-5 minutes at the end.

Just like watching a pro DOTA2 match!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Grimmmz is a fantastic player and a garbage personality. Says substituted swear words like "mother-trucker". Whinges about how others play and then glitches the edge of water to shoot someone swimming below the surface. Whoever said to stick with his highlights is spot on.

Also you can never unsee what he does with his mouth when shooting or listening for footsteps.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 10, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
RE: tournaments, there was a Curse Trials duos tournament pretty recently that was fun to watch. Most of the players were actually quite good at not getting killed early on so the third circle usually still had like 60-80+ people alive, making the mid game a lot more interesting to watch.

Also it had BreaK in full loot goblin mode:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueHumblePoultryKippa

He eventually made it out of the blue and iirc came 6th in that round

Qmass posted:

Grimmmz is a fantastic player and a garbage personality. Says substituted swear words like "mother-trucker". Whinges about how others play and then glitches the edge of water to shoot someone swimming below the surface. Whoever said to stick with his highlights is spot on.

I just watch Anthony_Kongphan instead. He's a lot more chill, doesn't hide his minimap like a baby, and you get to see the Grimmmz plays without having to suffer Grimmmz.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I feel like Grimmmz is super burned out. He was chill and fun at the beginning but is in a really bad mood nowadays. He would be stupid to jump off his subscription gravy train right now though so he keeps on trucking on.

On a more positive note, Beagle's final game in his last stream was baller: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazingCheerfulEyeballDendiFace
He went on to win that round also.

re: tournaments: The very first official(?) streamer tournament was really cool. The one with a 1080 for most kills had. Being able to switch to different perspectives after the fact makes for a compelling viewer experience.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Now that the twitch prime loot is tradeable, what's the play, sell them now or hold on to them?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I want to marry the vehicle jank in this game

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Just died by jumping out of my buggy at full speed. I was taking my hand off the keyboard to scratch my nose and accidentally brushed the use key for a pictosecond :cripes:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

HelixFox posted:

I just watch Anthony_Kongphan instead. He's a lot more chill, doesn't hide his minimap like a baby, and you get to see the Grimmmz plays without having to suffer Grimmmz.

I was going to post this. Best advice in the thread. Watched him for the first time this weekend.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I just sold the gimp mask for $5. I'm never wearing that ugly thing and $5 is $5.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Just died by jumping out of my buggy at full speed. I was taking my hand off the keyboard to scratch my nose and accidentally brushed the use key for a pictosecond :cripes:

I bought a keyboard with the ultra sensitive cherry switches. I do a lot of unintentional things. I will jump at the worst possible moment because my thumb brushed the spacebar.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

HelixFox posted:

RE: tournaments, there was a Curse Trials duos tournament pretty recently that was fun to watch. Most of the players were actually quite good at not getting killed early on so the third circle usually still had like 60-80+ people alive, making the mid game a lot more interesting to watch.

Also it had BreaK in full loot goblin mode:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueHumblePoultryKippa

He eventually made it out of the blue and iirc came 6th in that round

Yeah I've been watching Anthony more. I wonder if he'd be able to dominate as much if he didn't play on alt accounts though. It is hilarious for him to queue into squads with randoms and carry them to victory, but it'd be far more educational if his opponents weren't like this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessSuccessfulSpindleWow

Break is probably my favorite streamer but I only catch him for a little bit here and there because of timing

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I guess I need to aim for the head more.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
loving christ this game is a chore when I play with certain friends.
:v: Let's do a thorough search of ALL the buildings!
:v: I'm going to follow RIGHT up your rear end then just crouch behind you in a field!
:v: Oh another team just over there? Let's run away!

FFS

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just rotate squad leader per round, don't call out less than level two poo poo, and everyone else stfu unless you found a car or something.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

So is there any real reason for the 60s countdown in the pregame? Once I get on that death zone grind dropping into the fray and dying again and again I get super impatient. I know the OP mentions a play again button being talked about, but what would the gameplay implications be if it just dropped you in the plane the minute the player count was 100?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Efexeye posted:

just rotate squad leader per round, don't call out less than level two poo poo, and everyone else stfu unless you found a car or something.

FYI this will make your squad 500x better.

Also Enemy spotted at SW (compass number) behind tree, firing in 3 2 1 is the correct way to call something out holy poo poo stop saying "HES BEHIND THE TREE!" this game has 50 billion trees in it

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

FYI this will make your squad 500x better.

Also Enemy spotted at SW (compass number) behind tree, firing in 3 2 1 is the correct way to call something out holy poo poo stop saying "HES BEHIND THE TREE!" this game has 50 billion trees in it

"He there"
"Oh poo poo three enemies!"
"I'm shooting him" ('him' never specified)
"Behind you!" (in a four person squad)

... these are a few of my favorite things.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Black Griffon posted:

So is there any real reason for the 60s countdown in the pregame? Once I get on that death zone grind dropping into the fray and dying again and again I get super impatient. I know the OP mentions a play again button being talked about, but what would the gameplay implications be if it just dropped you in the plane the minute the player count was 100?

I had a similar thought and since then I've been paying attention and I don't think I've ever seen the player count reach 100.

Also you kind of have to give people a grace period if they want to quit before the match starts or something.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:v: I'm going to loot the same house you're in!
:v: Let's crouch through the field.
:v: I only have a shotgun but we're in near the center of the circle, let's go to this area on the near the edge of the circle because LOOT.
:v: No really I'm going to stick to your rear end ALL THE TIME.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
The last people in will still be loading in all kinds of stuff most likely.

Also, I would make all kinds of bets these noobisms are projections of what the person posting them was doing when they first started playing.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Black Griffon posted:

"He there"
"Oh poo poo three enemies!"
"I'm shooting him" ('him' never specified)
"Behind you!" (in a four person squad)

... these are a few of my favorite things.

and of course RUN!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You can queue up, get up and go for a piss/grab some water/whatever, and come back in time to not fall victim to whatever chump feels like killing all the afks is a worthwhile use of their time.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I played with some random goons last night and it was some of the best communication I've had in this game to date. Generally great callouts and info in all of our matches and not much superfluous chatter. We also generally stuck wayy closer together than my typical groups and in fact two of my deaths last night could be attributed to 'getting cute' and not being with the rest of the squad.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
As far as good, laid back streamers go, check out my buddy ChocoTaco. He's #2 in NA solo kill rating right now, so you know...not bad.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I posted this in the Discord last night, but I wanted to share it here too. I saw the .gif and instantly thought "this needs more A-Team"

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fas4NBUo4qsJJC%2Fgiphy.gif&v=wyz_2DEah4o&s=6

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

cosmicjim posted:

The last people in will still be loading in all kinds of stuff most likely.

Also, I would make all kinds of bets these noobisms are projections of what the person posting them was doing when they first started playing.

Oh yeah that should be obvious.

Jabor posted:

You can queue up, get up and go for a piss/grab some water/whatever, and come back in time to not fall victim to whatever chump feels like killing all the afks is a worthwhile use of their time.

This makes sense.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Croccers posted:

:v: I'm going to loot the same house you're in!
:v: Let's crouch through the field.
:v: I only have a shotgun but we're in near the center of the circle, let's go to this area on the near the edge of the circle because LOOT.
:v: No really I'm going to stick to your rear end ALL THE TIME.

Just to mention that being on the edge or in the middle of the circle doesn't matter any more, the circles are distributed equally after the last patch.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

No one was talking about practice modes, why are you back?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Efexeye posted:

Whoever finds a trench coat first gets to lead. If multiple people find them, the order of precedence from least to greatest is Camel - Red - Grey - Black.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Carebearz posted:

No one was talking about practice modes, why are you back?

Also bobbin is being very rude and not cool with not posting his in return after saying you first

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Already did

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The pregame lobby is very critical for squad clothing coordination/swapping and deciding if you should all wear shoes or no shoes that round.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
LOL

Source: Me, Rank 1 Solo NA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'm very bad but it's only because I don't have a private server to practice small units of skill on.

• Locked thread