Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is Nyheter Idag a trash right wing rag? My poo poo head cousin-in-law likes to send me google translated articles from them in an effort to get my wife and I to move back to Oklahoma.

It's a rag with a populist/alt-media slant. It runs a lot of anti-immigration pieces and has columnists who have been shunned/become persona non grata among mainstream media for their anti-immigration rhetoric. They do, as White Rock mentioned, also associate with people like Markus Allard* and other left wing people, as long as they are ready to attack identity politics.

So yeah, it's not Breitbart or Stormfront, but it's a site with a clear agenda.

*Who has a podcast with former LF superstar tinkz0rg

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, how about that dude who tried to run down those Iraqi protesters? It's barely getting coverage here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hell yeah birgit, you do you.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

evil_bunnY posted:

Hell yeah birgit, you do you.

Er onani sex?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Heinz Hynkel posted:

https://www.svd.se/sverige-har-fatt-fler-problemomraden

Problems problems... Why are are the Swedes unable to solve it? Is the Swedish welfare-state dead?
What is going on in Sweden?

The Swedish Democrats got zero power so I was sure everything was going just fine.

Fakta: Särskilt utsatta områden

1. Alby/Botkyrka NY
2. Fittja/Botkyrka NY
3. Hallunda/Norsborg/Botkyrka
4. Husby
5. Rinkeby/Tensta
6. Ronna/Geneta/Lina (Södertälje)
7. Bergsjön
8. Biskopsgården
9. Gårdsten
10. Hammarkullen
11. Hjällbo
12. Lövgärdet
13. Tynnered/Grevegården/Opaltorget NY
14. Hässleholm/Hulta (Borås) NY
15. Norrby (Borås) NY
16. Rosengård (Malmö)
17. Södra Sofielund (Malmö)
18. Nydala/Hermodsdal/Lindängen NY
19. Araby (Växjö)
20. Karlslund (Landskrona) NY
21. Skäggetorp (Linköping)
22. Gottsunda (Uppsala) NY
23. Vivalla (Örebro)
Källa: Dagens Nyheter

hell yes Botkyrka representing

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Apparently if you harass government agencies enough you can just shut down investigations into the Muslim brotherhood.
https://www.fokus.se/2017/06/nerringd-jo-anmald-och-mejlbombad/

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Apparently if you harass government agencies enough you can just shut down investigations into the Muslim brotherhood.

I'm pretty sure you could shut down any investigation with this tactic. As long as agencies have GDs in charge we are guaranteed a tendency to avoid controversy above all else.

Why the gently caress do we still in 2017 have these Generaldirektörer? It's so blatantly used as a reward for your political allies that it's embarrassing.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Retarded Goatee posted:

hell yes Botkyrka representing

Well, what Heinz_hynkel don't mention is that the areas can be located down to a single apartment complex within the area. Probably cause he doesn't know.
For example, it is not the whole of Rosengård that is considered specifically exposed rather it is a small portion.
Sydsvenskan ran an interview on gang members in Seved a year ago or so, and it was basically like The Wire in terms of the situation.
Also, Hässleholm have always been a lovely place.

In political news there were some interesting poll numbers coming out of the SCB last week.
While SCB is probably wrong in absolute number, it provides a good idea on voter movements and composition.
What stuck out is as always SD, which is the party in Sweden which has a dominance of male voters, whereas all other parties have a dominance off female voters.
What is obvious is that if the other parties want to get SD voters back, they need to target the male population.
The numbers are also interesting with 25% of the males and 15% of the females would vote SD.
It puts some perspective on the posters in this thread, since SA is by all accounts a male dominated forum and in all likelihood the Swedish posters in this thread should (unless of course they live in their own little ignorant echo chamber) know a lot of SD supporters.

Another interesting figure was the SD support among foreign-born voters.
15% among male voters and 10% of female voters, making it the third largest party in that voting group.
Maybe not surprising considering the amount of ex-eastern europeeans in Sweden.
It is one voting group as well as people within the health-care system that SD aims to recruit in next election.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
E: n/m. Dehumanise -> Bloodshed.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.bt.dk/udland/hver-femte-dansker-muslimer-var-selv-skyld-i-terrorangrebet

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

what good foot soldiers these mb people have.
you should continue the thing on pure principle, gently caress em

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

It reminds me of how the Church of Scientology bullied the IRS into stopping their ongoing investigation into the churches finances.

This whole thing is a disgrace, and as always its questionable organisations like Sveriges Unga Muslimer behind it and cowardly officials.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Today the new environmental tax kicks in for electronics and appliances. Gaming consoles got their prices jacked by 300-400kr, a 10% increase in total cost. Appliances by max 500.

So hope ya'll got your switch already!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Good. I just hope it applies to all the bullshit semi-disposable items we import from places with no labor protections too.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Is it true Bråvalla festival has been cancelled due to rape? Is this a Swedish cultural thing? Shouldn't they hire more security? Will all festivals in Sweden be cancelled in the future? Please discuss.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

Is it true Bråvalla festival has been cancelled due to rape? Is this a Swedish cultural thing? Shouldn't they hire more security? Will all festivals in Sweden be cancelled in the future? Please discuss.

Its totally normal. Has happened with a lot of Scandinavian festivals since 1970. It has zero to do with multicultural enrichment. Maybe it was no rape but just a water-pipe that broke?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

doverhog posted:

After three straight years of operating at a loss. The sexual assault just happened to be the final straw for the organizers.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

Good. I just hope it applies to all the bullshit semi-disposable items we import from places with no labor protections too.

So your computer and smartphone then?
S continues on their old mission of loving the poor by having a tax which will affect poorer people more than rich.

doverhog posted:

Apparently Sweden Rock had no issues with this, despite catering to white, heterosexual men ( Rob Halford doesn't count) which we all know is the enemy.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

After three straight years of operating at a loss. The sexual assault just happened to be the final straw for the organizers.

Yeah this. Also FKP Scorpio can just start a new festival somewhere else under a different name, with new people and still look like the good guys.
It's cynical as gently caress but at the same time it's still a strong statement.
it's mostly teens at bråvalla so who cares if it stays or goes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Apparently Sweden Rock had no issues with this, despite catering to white, heterosexual men ( Rob Halford doesn't count) which we all know is the enemy.

Pop-festivals really struggle in Sweden when compared to the rest of the continent for some reason.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MiddleOne posted:

Pop-festivals really struggle in Sweden when compared to the rest of the continent for some reason.

They need less rape.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Regarding "utsatta områden". In my opinion it's a loving joke, I live and have worked in a couple of these neighboorhoods and sure they have problems, but they share a lot of the problems with the kids from where i grew up(bumfuck nowhere).
And yes ofc being part of a minority adds it's certain flavour to it all and its own set of struggles.
But when it comes to the media, they make our homes look like some favela or bullshit, while they never specify what the problem really is, or how to deal with it(in terms of legislations etc) Regardless if they are right or liberal.
Dont get me wrong the police specify what statistics/symptoms they look at, but the media seems to lack a critical view and/or lacking the resources/interest to dig deeper.
Like sure there is drug dealing etc(same as in swedish majority areas), but what else is there? protection schemes? brothels?
Where I live now(it's on the stupid list) is probably the calmest and safest area I have lived in, im like the only one out late doing drugs and being drunk.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I can't speak for every area, but I have lived both in Husby and Hallonbergen, and I never felt threatened or unsafe*. In my mind they always felt like "working class family suburbs" than anything else. On the other hand, when I was living in Vasastan I once saw a guy getting knocked out during a fight right outside my apartment. That's the first time ever since I came to Sweden where I thought "maybe my area is not entirely safe".

I know, loving anecdotes. I can count the duration I stayed in each of those areas in months, but coming to Stockholm as an immigrant with no preconceptions about "bad neighborhoods", my experience was completely different from what the papers describe.

*I am a white male.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

As a white male I also never felt threatened back when I lived in Hallonbergen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Raspberry Hill is a real ghetto.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You think House Village is a better name for a ghetto?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

For dumb town names (ghetto or not) I'm fond of A Duck Sneezed Here

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

You think House Village is a better name for a ghetto?

I like mountain lake, and bishopsfarm, Such scary names, such scary hoods.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I still can't over that Norway's second biggest town is named The Mountains.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

I still can't over that Norway's second biggest town is named The Mountains.

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergen#Byens_navn

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

For dumb town names (ghetto or not) I'm fond of A Duck Sneezed Here

Når jeg drev å så etter sted å bo var jeg på visning i Ole Brumms Vei.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I'm quite partial to Sauna Swamp and Crime Mountain.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Hey guys how about all these troll genitals

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

The fundamental reasoning behind the tax isn't terrible, but the problem is applying it to Swedish retailers only. People will still buy the same amount of poo poo as before, they'll just get it from amazon.de or similar places instead and the already in terrible shape consumer electronics market in Sweden will suffer the consequences. Had it been implemented EU-wide it would make far more sense. But as it stands now, it'll punish Swedish retailers, Swedish consumers (who'll have to pay more or deal with returns / service on goods bought from outside the country), and conveniently bring some more tax kronor in without visibly raising any taxes.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Apropos of nothing, flew to CPH via KEF, bought some hákarl, it's really not that bad.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Government Handjob posted:

Hey guys how about all these troll genitals

We finally fixed it!

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Alhazred posted:

We finally fixed it!

200k+ well spent

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Alhazred posted:

We finally fixed it!

I thought it was castrated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Latest politics in Sweden.
Ruling coalition wants to save money for expenditures prior to 2018 election, forces departments to save money in creative ways, the registry of all vehicles in Sweden gets outsourced to IBM in Serbia without security checks and against the law, since the director decided party loyalty was more important. Meanwhile ministers have known but tried to keep it under wraps.
And here I thought the current coalition was against privatization?
The whole story also explains the money crisis for the police and the defense.