Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Mega64 posted:

So basically get as much in for this thread today as you can.

NINTENDO WHERE THE gently caress IS WRECKING CREW I SWEAR TO GOD
I've been saying for years to bring Wrecking Crew back as a Blast Corps clone with the Wario Bros.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Love him saying "We heard your feedback and are giving you what you've asked for" like he's sitting in on the board meetings with the game developer.
Now I'm imagining all the gamers on the WWE roster walking in to the boardroom demanding a Switch version with their ring outfits.

Or something like front office Kane where they're shirtless but with slacks on.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Buying a Switch with non-matching Joycons :lol:
That's why you buy the neon joycon set so you have matching blue and red pairs of joycons :colbert:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the Pro controller that good? I have actually gotten used to the Joycon grip. I know that the D-pad is said to be better but the discrete buttons for the D-pad on the Joycon is perfect for Puyo Puyo which is 95% of what I have been using it for

The Pro controller is very nice but the D-pad kinda sucks and its imprecision makes it terrible for Puyo Puyo. It's really easy to press left or right and accidentally input up or down. I always use the Joycons for Puyo.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently the NBA Playgrounds online patch had been released.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/884467709001519104

Gray ones up at Walmart.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

GI_Clutch posted:

Didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently the NBA Playgrounds online patch had been released.

Came to say this.

I wonder if it also includes the shot meters and new characters and stuff that all the the other versions got in the meantime while we were waiting for them to finish the game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when

Oh god the robots from Nier are starting to take over.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

cuando? いつ? pryd?

när?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lelandjs posted:

When is the new up

What's when?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nabbed one. Get hosed scalpers! Thanks for the heads up.

happynoodle
Aug 9, 2004
Not really happy.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Nabbed one. Get hosed scalpers! Thanks for the heads up.

I just tried to nab one, they're all gone. That was fast.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The Neon ones on Amazon are gone too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 WHEN?

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/884398377886113792

9/22

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wow, Amazon and Walmart sold out quick. $440 for a $299 console?
:thunk:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe I will get a switch-compatible fight stick. I think Puyo Puyo might be fun with one as well

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The neon joycons are better than the grey joycons, but the yellow joycons and Splatoon joycons are better than both of them by such a big margin it doesn't matter

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Bloop posted:

Blaster Master was fun and worth the price but I don't really "get" playing as Gunvolt - I have no idea what's going on and it certainly didn't add anything to the experience.

Is Shantae any better?

I felt the same way about gunvolt, but shantae and the angel character both control in a satisfying way and are furthermore great to use outside Sophia during the platforming parts.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Neon arms bundle up at GameStop.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/884482357465677825

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Nintendo should sell a red/blue set of joycons to go with the blue/red set so you can get both and have matching yet mismatched controllers.

"A headset that you have to plug into your game console and also your phone" is such a dumb thing.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
they do

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Roadie posted:

"A headset that you have to plug into your game console and also your phone" is such a dumb thing.

It's ridiculously stupid, and I just bought one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what keeps happening with the thread titles

this is like a fever dream

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Roadie posted:

Nintendo should sell a red/blue set of joycons to go with the blue/red set so you can get both and have matching yet mismatched controllers.

They already do this. The neon system comes with blue/red, you can get a red/blue set separately.

Weirdly they don't seem to be doing the same thing with the green/pink though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Roadie posted:

This already exists.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

jokes posted:

Wow, Amazon and Walmart sold out quick. $440 for a $299 console?
:thunk:

Yeah and eBay is selling them for like ten thousand bucks. C'mon eBay stop overcharging

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

God this thing is such a mess. Wires and dongles aside, I just noticed another flaw upon closer inspection: the total length from Switch to headphones is about 6'. I couldn't use this piece of poo poo if I wanted to.

Also, your phone has to be within 3' of the Switch at all times, so even the dongle itself is out. I'm not trying to get up every time I want/need to access my phone while playing.

Thank god Splatoon is like the only game that'll ever come out on this thing that has the chance of possibly benefitting from voice chat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ordered dumb cool headset with Amazon points thanks thread

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

enojy posted:

God this thing is such a mess. Wires and dongles aside, I just noticed another flaw upon closer inspection: the total length from Switch to headphones is about 6'. I couldn't use this piece of poo poo if I wanted to.

Also, your phone has to be within 3' of the Switch at all times, so even the dongle itself is out. I'm not trying to get up every time I want/need to access my phone while playing.

Thank god Splatoon is like the only game that'll ever come out on this thing that has the chance of possibly benefitting from voice chat.

https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasi...extension+cable $6 per cable at 6ft each, you now can have them an extra 6ft further each!

You can likely source them cheaper from monoprice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GI_Clutch posted:

cheese sandwich posted:

Came to say this.

I wonder if it also includes the shot meters and new characters and stuff that all the the other versions got in the meantime while we were waiting for them to finish the game

I thought this day would never arrive. From their tweet, it looks like it only includes whatever was in the first patch for other consoles. So the Switch version is only 2 or 3 patches behind the other versions now. Only 15 new players added but I'm hoping other updates will be easier for them now that this one is out. Anyone that gets a chance to play with patch please post your impressions.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 10, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo has stated that there will be other solutions available, this is just hori's solution

If the box was a Bluetooth dongle that connected to your phone and cut out the cable from the box to your phone. Just having the cable from the switch would be doable.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Does this mean the voice chat app will be out in time for Splatoon 2?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

They said in the direct that the app would be out for Splatoon2 (only) and that the full app would be out next year

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

It'll be out on the 21st, same day as the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe I will get a switch-compatible fight stick. I think Puyo Puyo might be fun with one as well

Just buy the brooks wiiu/ps4 converter. Buying a stick that will only see use in usf2 and aca games is kinda dumb and brooks doesnt add noticeable lag. New firmware makes it work with switch.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
There's no reason this thing wouldn't work with discord as well, right? It's basically a mixer?

I'd like to be able to use other things in case the dedicated chat app is garbo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope I can just use my Bluetooth headphones that have a mic for calls synced to my phone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
For months now you have been asking, "When is Stardew Valley?"

This is Stardew Valley speaking.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

when's rocket valley, so I can drive my rocket car into turnip seeds until I get to harvest the goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

DalaranJ posted:

For months now you have been asking, "When is Stardew Valley?"

This is Stardew Valley speaking.
When will you come out?

• Locked thread