Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

They're saying he's in there as some janky valuation for tax purposes

Yeah this sounds totally legit. "For tax purposes". Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Pogba cost about 400m iirc

this checks out

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Yeah this sounds totally legit. "For tax purposes". Okay.

It makes pretty good sense tho, not sure why you wouldn't believe it?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

They're saying he's in there as some janky valuation for tax purposes

Not so much for tax purposes as United are paying more for Lukaku so they can avoid the embarrassment of literally paying Everton to take Rooney off their hands.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They should have just reported it as a straight swap and then some money appeared in an account registered to a dog.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/884029612510109697

Hehe

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

savage

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

:trumppop:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

brutal

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

He's retired.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just the price Koeman has to pay, he's been signalling Lukaku's departure for ages and copping hate for it. I doubt Ron rates Rooney but to refuse him could have scuppered the deal whilst angering idiots who are high on the nostalgia of it all.

£34m is the new £5m, disgustingly.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Let's not forget that the value of the £ has dropped quite a bit since last summer as well

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

:perfect:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:laugh:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He'll score against United at Goodison, book it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

He'll score against United at Goodison, book it.

An OG, Phil Neville style.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Why is Ashley Williams full name spelled out?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
not sure, there's more than one williams in the prem that's for sure

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

god drat

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

imagine getting paid to #banter

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm really happy with Salah and I think Solanke was a good bit of business but I'd really like us to push on sooner rather than later. We're definitely targeting quality over quantity which is nice but hope we're being realistic on who we're going for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle signing jacob murphy would be cool and good

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Someone needs to tell somebody at Brighton that the transfer window is open.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

newcastle signing jacob murphy would be cool and good

Its clearly just paper talk, £8.5m is a joke price for a young English winger

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Its clearly just paper talk, £8.5m is a joke price for a young English winger

If they're a winger, good chance Newcastle get linked with them. See also: Ojo, Navas, Traore

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/HellasVeronaFC/status/884374302560333824
Cerci to Hellas is done, and it's expected that Cassano will sign with them by the end of the day. A front three of Pazzini/Cerci/Cassano - if only they could talk Luca Toni into coming out of retirement too...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I hope they all get hit by the team bus.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Cork to Burnley for £10m means Swansea can tell Leicester to gently caress off with their measly £40m bid for Gylfi.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
:drat:

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm really happy with Salah and I think Solanke was a good bit of business but I'd really like us to push on sooner rather than later. We're definitely targeting quality over quantity which is nice but hope we're being realistic on who we're going for.
I'd like to just read about the next signing being done instead of 3 weeks of rumors.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/HellasVeronaFC/status/884374302560333824
Cerci to Hellas is done, and it's expected that Cassano will sign with them by the end of the day. A front three of Pazzini/Cerci/Cassano - if only they could talk Luca Toni into coming out of retirement too...

Don't worry about it, Cerci will turn Hellas into a team of pigs.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sassassin posted:

Cork to Burnley for £10m means Swansea can tell Leicester to gently caress off with their measly £40m bid for Gylfi.

Swansea quoting £50m for Sigurdsson is pretty much the point where I've given up trying to figure out where the market is any more

I keep asking people if they remember when £7m plus Keith Gillespie was a massive transfer, but they just shout at me and tell me to get out of their garden

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Swansea quoting £50m for Sigurdsson is pretty much the point where I've given up trying to figure out where the market is any more

I keep asking people if they remember when £7m plus Keith Gillespie was a massive transfer, but they just shout at me and tell me to get out of their garden

Rumour is the deal is already done to Everton for £30-32m and the board are just trying to save face with this big talk now.

It'll be an undisclosed fee next week. Gylfi really wants to go (anywhere, not specifically Everton).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't blame him

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
£6m plus Gillespie for Cole.

Yes this matters to me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/884442786887553024

Done Deal

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
RedRom
RedRom

Morder?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pictured, scenic Manchester.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I really wish Arsenal would figure out whether they're extending the contracts Ozil and Sanchez. It's pretty cool how this is a recurring problem with Arsenal and seemingly no other teams.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

I really wish Arsenal would figure out whether they're extending the contracts Ozil and Sanchez. It's pretty cool how this is a recurring problem with Arsenal and seemingly no other teams.

*spends 9 billion hours attempting to renew Gigio Donnarumma's contract*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

*spends 9 billion hours attempting to renew Gigio Donnarumma's contract*

its ok though, Milan are signing his garbageman brother now. Surely that will make Gigi sign the new deal.

• Locked thread