Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TheFonz posted:

LOL

Source: Me, Rank 1 Solo NA

Nice!

Source: Me, Rank 1 -- My mom's heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hockles posted:

Nice!

Source: Me, Rank 1 -- My mom's heart

Love you sweety!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

FYI this will make your squad 500x better.

Also Enemy spotted at SW (compass number) behind tree, firing in 3 2 1 is the correct way to call something out holy poo poo stop saying "HES BEHIND THE TREE!" this game has 50 billion trees in it

stoats im feeling like the chicken dinner is coming! we gotta play again (this is your good friend ponchis)

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Inspector_666 posted:

Whoever finds a trench coat first gets to lead. If multiple people find them, the order of precedence from least to greatest is Camel - Red - Grey - Black.

Star Lord coat is always #1

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Lol the twitch gimp mask is selling for $5 or more on the marketplace :psyduck:

I'd sell mine but it looks too good with goggles.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Carebearz posted:

Star Lord coat is always #1

Don't listen to him about coat ranks because our group definitely doesn't adhere to such a rank system. Our group is pretty much just 4 guys yelling over each other and getting progressively more angry before we all quit and come back the next night.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Don't listen to him about coat ranks because our group definitely doesn't adhere to such a rank system. Our group is pretty much just 4 guys yelling over each other and getting progressively more angry before we all quit and come back the next night.

Oh I wasn't saying we use that system. But it is the correct system.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Ice Fist posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh I wasn't saying we use that system. But it is the correct system.

If I wear the Star Lord coat in game AND wear a Star Lord IRL, does that make me super cool or no?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Carebearz posted:

If I wear the Star Lord coat in game AND wear a Star Lord IRL, does that make me super cool or no?

At the very least cooler than Bobbin, but that's a pretty low bar.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Inspector_666 posted:

Whoever finds a trench coat first gets to lead. If multiple people find them, the order of precedence from least to greatest is Camel - Red - Grey - Black.

Please post your stats before giving fashion advice. Thank you.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

idk man, I think he's got what it takes to give fashion advice, but I'm not an expert.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

Ice Fist posted:

idk man, I think he's got what it takes to give fashion advice, but I'm not an expert.

Fashion is literally all I have going for me in this game.

EDIT: It's unbelievable how little damage I do in Squad matches.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 10, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Give me flip flops or give me death.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Just to mention that being on the edge or in the middle of the circle doesn't matter any more, the circles are distributed equally after the last patch.
Yeah, but when it's a round 1/2 circle :psyduck:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

willroc7 posted:

Every 15 feet you sprint, there's a 60% chance you lose one of them and have to go back to collect it.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Flip flops in the snow is going to be amazing.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

willroc7 posted:

Socks & Flip Flops DLC rumored for Q3 2017

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

The changes they did to the UMP and vector fire modes is so annoying and needlessly complicated. With only two fire modes, the desired fire mode can always be selected with at most one button press. With three fire modes, if the current mechanism to change fire modes is retained, players will have to be conscious of the fire mode they want to skip over and in which cases they have to remember to do it. It's a small complication of dubious value. I'd be surprised if anyone used burst fire on these weapons given full-auto is an available fire mode.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't know anyone who uses burst fire on any weapon

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

The changes they did to the UMP and vector fire modes is so annoying and needlessly complicated. With only two fire modes, the desired fire mode can always be selected with at most one button press. With three fire modes, if the current mechanism to change fire modes is retained, players will have to be conscious of the fire mode they want to skip over and in which cases they have to remember to do it. It's a small complication of dubious value. I'd be surprised if anyone used burst fire on these weapons given full-auto is an available fire mode.

I dunno why you would ever want to use burst or single shot on an SMG anyway. Switch it to auto, forget about it.

IronicDongz posted:

I use burst on the M16 if I need to get in close with it, but that's only because it doesn't have auto.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Close range burst on the M16 is lethal.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

I'm fine with having the useless Single & Burst modes for the SMGs but why can't they just default to Automatic?? Really though they should just get rid of those modes, nobody uses them anyways. I think they keep them in the game just to mess with players.

IronicDongz posted:

M16A4 :cheeky: (not really though, I don't find burst very useful unless it's early game CQB and all I have is the M16. Otherwise I'd rather have a Shotgun)

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

Vector burst fire is pretty decent in certain scenarios (namely when you don't have a extended mag for it), but otherwise bursting is pretty bad, yeah.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Can't wait for them to release their latest, crate only, garbage gun. Wouldn't want to focus on things that matter, like changing that cancer causing mouseover menu in the lobby, or adding keybinds so you don't have to use the same key to switch between 3 different modes.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Full control over key binds seems like a QOL update that I'm surprised has taken so long.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Groza is amazing gently caress off with the hate.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

Groza is amazing gently caress off with the hate.

Where's the hate coming from?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Where's the hate coming from?

Can't wait for them to release their latest, crate only, garbage gun

There

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The only crate-only gun that sucks is the Tommy Gun, and it's been there since day one. VSS didn't count because you could find it in the open world.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah literally every gun that's been crate-only is amazing except for the Tommy Gun. VSS is poop but it was never crate-only even before being removed from crates. AWM/M24/M249/Groza are all super good-to-great.

e: dammit

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We should be able to put a suppressor on the M249, battlefield 3 has it!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
tommy gun seems fine

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Groza is just a better AKM, right?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Neon Belly posted:

Groza is just a better AKM, right?

More or less, you can't put an 8x on it is about the only knock on it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Can the Tommy gun not be crate gun it's the only thing I ever find in that poo poo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

No Safe Word posted:

More or less, you can't put an 8x on it is about the only knock on it.

It also sounds meaner and has a built-in compensator I think.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Just to mention that being on the edge or in the middle of the circle doesn't matter any more, the circles are distributed equally after the last patch.

Arguably being in the middle is still better because there's a good chance it'll be overlapped *almost* all the time and if it's not you're guaranteed to have one of the shortest hikes to get back in. This is only assuming things like travel distance though not 'actual situation on the ground'

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

It also sounds meaner and has a built-in compensator I think.

Yeah the compensator is a built-in plus, since you can also put a suppressor on it. Also the groza growl is a major plus of course.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I wonder when they'll have the same realization as the wow devs, that spending a lot of your time on content that less than a percent of people see is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I agree, focus on the menu, not the gameplay. What a bunch of clods.

• Locked thread