Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ewe2 posted:

I'm Derek!

I'm Derek, and so is my wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. When you do what you love, you don't consider it work at all.
How much are Chris and Sandi paid for being married to each other?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Quavers posted:

Meanwhile, at that low-fidelity console game dev...

/r/EliteDangerous: "Frontier is getting new headquarters"

Apparently they paid for it in cash :ohdear: because they need more space for the 320-odd devs.

Not getting a loan secured by either Planet Coaster or Elite Dangerous, or even their expected tax credits? Nor being pro-bankers in saving tens of cents when exchanging revenue from $millions in international sales? Amateur hour.

Frontier Developments? Frontier Clownaments more like :smug:

Yeah, well, where's their spacedoor smart guy? Check and mate.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

D_Smart posted:

Really? Because loving toxic morons don't have access to large sums of disposable income? Right. So how do you explain Clifford then? Or Dick Wulf?

Rich people are the best people.

Anyone with money knows this.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I love how Frontier does every single possible thing better than CIG and they never even toot their own horn about it. It's great.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

ZenMaster posted:

Rich people are the best people.

Anyone with money knows this.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SelenicMartian posted:

How much are Chris and Sandi paid for being married to each other?

It's a tax Coutt's Loan write-off

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Quavers posted:

Apparently they paid for it in cash :ohdear: because they need more space for the 320-odd devs.

Not getting a loan secured by either Planet Coaster or Elite Dangerous, or even their expected tax credits? Nor being pro-bankers in saving tens of cents when exchanging revenue from $millions in international sales? Amateur hour.

And they will probably get their coffee from Starbucks across the street. Pathetic.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/884488359246254084

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can confirm, this is absolute bullshit. You're a loving idiot.

When you make your fun into a job, it becomes your job, and has all the assorted bullshit that accompanies a job.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

That bike or whatever it is looks dangerous just to stand near

You'd lose an eye or catch your scrotum on a corner and rip it wide open

The comments are great though , 2 negatives already

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

Enough of goat-loving, how do you think CiG are doing?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

I can confirm, this is absolute bullshit. You're a loving idiot.

When you make your fun into a job, it becomes your job, and has all the assorted bullshit that accompanies a job.

I recommend you visit a thread for resume help - it sure sounds like you're due for a career change.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Quavers posted:

Differences between this and Chris studios:

It has windows- Horrible decision, you dont need to remind people the outside world exists.
Everyone consolidated into one studio- Horrible, its far more efficient to have 4 different studios in 4 different time zones because work never ends. Who cares if we spent a year trying to work out a proper schedule to get things done?
Functional desks- Bad, what a developer needs is quality restored airplane wings to work out off.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

Enough of goat-loving, how do you think CiG are doing?

Yeah, just fine. Game will come when it comes.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Will it come out before Ben Lesnick does of food induced suicide?

You know, because he's a morbidly obese piece of poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Somebody make a morph, it's hard to have any impact via scrolling back and forth.

Ok, here is a tutorial:

Go into paint, selected the mid area, where the bars end around may/june. Done? Then drag them two months to the right while making plane noises.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 10, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

I recommend you visit a thread for resume help - it sure sounds like you're due for a career change.
I keep posting here looking for someone to pay me for shilling but I've yet to receive an offer. Any advice?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

No concerns that 3.0 has slipped from December 2016 to August 2017?

thatguy posted:

I keep posting here looking for someone to pay me for shilling but I've yet to receive an offer. Any advice?

Have you considered a British avatar?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

My favorite thing about MoMA is that no matter how obviously :smuggo: he's being, there's at least one or two people that take the bait. It lets me know the thread isn't dead yet lol.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Quoting for when it doesn't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

My favorite thing about MoMA is that no matter how obviously :smuggo: he's being, there's at least one or two people that take the bait. It lets me know the thread isn't dead yet lol.

It's part of the Magic of Star Citizen.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

This thread will never die.

1) 1.8 million people signed up to see if a dream can become reality
2) 15k backers have dumped at least 1k into development
3) any press, negative or not, is press for CIG (so all you detractors: keep on keeping-on).
4) Who said I'm trolling? I'm close to this game in many ways and I want to see it made (in fact, it's in progress). 5 years/7 years - whatever.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Hav posted:

No concerns that 3.0 has slipped from December 2016 to August 2017?
Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the sooner your estimation, the more it's slip sliding away

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

3) any press, negative or not, is press for CIG (so all you detractors: keep on keeping-on).
4) Who said I'm trolling? I'm close to this game in many ways and I want to see it made (in fact, it's in progress). 5 years/7 years - whatever.

But definitely no more than 3 years, because then things might get stale.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

(in fact, it's in progress). 5 years/7 years - whatever.
10 years/15 years whatever.

20 years.

100 years.

1 billion years.

Whatever.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm close to this game in many ways and I want to see it made (in fact, it's in progress). 5 years/7 years - whatever.

It's 6 years this year and they are years out from releasing a game.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

I look forward to seeing this same post in 2020.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ya, but what does the MoMA who was posting in January think about the total lack of progress?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

big nipples big life posted:

It's 6 years this year and they are years out from releasing a game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beet Wagon posted:

He's a master baiter.

Gah...

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 10, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It could have only been 3 years but that still wouldn't change the fact that they've released nothing in over half a year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I keep on forgetting that I should ignore Chris Roberts when it comes to those sort of things.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

:same:

If anyone doesn't enjoy their job, I recommend they get a different one that they do enjoy. Why only enjoy part of your day/life (when not working) when you can enjoy all of it?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Remember that time you pretended to be a rational backer and said you'd be really worried if they'd not released 3.0 in the first half of 2017?

I guess you've learnt your lesson. Finally realised it's too embarrassing to just gloss over their constant failure so you've set your expectations to releasing literally nothing over an infinite span of time.

Now I guess you just have to cross your fingers and hope that they don't disappoint you on that, too.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I know I've said this a lot, but I honestly cannot tell which end of that thing is supposed to be the front. I haven't seen designs this bad since the Michael Bay Transformers movies, and I do not say that lightly.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hey, I signed up for another Wing Commander game. That's a fairly low bloody bar. Keep your dreams and reality over on your side of the fence. After $8 Million Crobbers went insane and started proclaiming the ability to change the laws of physics.

And who the gently caress pays over retail price for a game anyway? <nudges andromeda further under the desk>

Some people are in for thousands of dollars here, tens of thousands, based on some vaguely worded promises that we've started to pin down because things are going to go missing; video games history is littered with examples of lofty claims that were *technically possible*, but they ran out of time. Best that they can do here is attempt to keep the football in the air until bandwidth increases move the COTS needle past what they need, but *thousands* of players in an instance/shard? That requires more than attribute level updates to objects because it's *n.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

croberts posted:

We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

-Chris Roberts October 2012 interview with the mittani.com

suck mah balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

No matter which way around you sit, you're going to lose an eye when you stop suddenly. :D

Ironmans bottle opener.