Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

i get the feeling that beverly intends to double-cross him somehow, a la catherine/josie/etc so perhaps its also instinct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm into Twin Peaks: The Return as being secretly just a Bobby redemption arc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pretty lucky for Bobby that everyone cared so much about Laura since Bobby didn't even try to fully bury that Canadian

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
the guy bobby killed was actually the deputy from Deer Meadow. That would be a hell of a thing if it comes back to haunt him now

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Pretty lucky for Bobby that everyone cared so much about Laura since Bobby didn't even try to fully bury that Canadian

Like the person above me mentioned, the coke dealer Bobby shot in the forest was actually the rear end in a top hat Deputy from Deer Meadow in the beginning of the film. The one that gave Chet Desmond trouble as first, so he honks his nose. I didn't notice this until I rewatched it and was like "oh gently caress, of course those crooked cops were dealing bunk coke to minors in neighboring towns."

Cliff Howard

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"But Bobby killed a guy!!" Well yeah Bobby killed a guy who was drawing a fuckin' gun on him so I don't really blame him for doing that

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Whoa gently caress I didn't notice that and I watched the 3.5 hour one recently

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This site's rad as heck

:siren:Also spoiler as heck for the latest episode.:siren:

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
What happened to that guy is almost certainly foreshadowing for Chet I'd say

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i just realized bobby's friend mike was that rear end in a top hat job interview guy

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
When will Shelly'a daughter and her junkie boyfriend come back? I want them back because it probably means Karate Cocaine Wizard will come back too.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
where's the bikeman, the coolman, the james

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kurtofan posted:

where's the bikeman, the coolman, the james

I'm going to laugh so hard if that was his only appearance in this entire show. Just a tiny stab from Lynch at people who wrongly think James is not the coolest of dudes. I mean have you heard that smash hit of his from the 90s???

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just you and i

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This was in the Facebook shitposting group and it's pretty good

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

When will Shelly'a daughter and her junkie boyfriend come back? I want them back because it probably means Karate Cocaine Wizard will come back too.
It took them 7 hours to get back to Bill Hastings, I'm sure we'll be back with them in a slim 3 or 4 episodes. I'm being snarky, but really I just like the characters so much that I want to see more. Red's coin trick is one of my favorite Twin Peaks moments ever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

moist turtleneck posted:

Yes! Yess!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hellfaucet posted:

Like the person above me mentioned, the coke dealer Bobby shot in the forest was actually the rear end in a top hat Deputy from Deer Meadow in the beginning of the film. The one that gave Chet Desmond trouble as first, so he honks his nose. I didn't notice this until I rewatched it and was like "oh gently caress, of course those crooked cops were dealing bunk coke to minors in neighboring towns."

Cliff Howard
:stare: Holy poo poo, I had no idea!

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahahahahaha

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hellfaucet posted:

Cliff Howard

Holy gently caress I can't believe i somehow never noticed this and I've seen FWWM at least a dozen times, daaamn lol

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, I had no idea!
Hahahahahaha

I don't get it not even a little. Explain please?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Krinkle posted:

I don't get it not even a little. Explain please?

It's the same guy. That deputy is a drug dealer.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

And More posted:

It's the same guy. That deputy is a drug dealer.

No, the second part. The meme. I don't get the metal throwing quotes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Krinkle posted:

No, the second part. The meme. I don't get the metal throwing quotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k&t=14s

JUUUUUUST YOUUUU

AAAAND IIIII

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i guess goon faceblindness is real

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528224180819917/permalink/1703576089951391/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that's loving beautiful

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

:five:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Okay so there are two new Twin peaks albums on vinyl out in September and another book in November. Also the original soundtrack and the Fire Walk With Me soundtrack are out on vinyl.

I'm now much poorer.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

This is the best thing

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

James isn't cool but I would maintain that the song itself w/the three of them is a very good scene.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the part with Johnny running around the house creeped me the hell out

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

hawowanlawow posted:

the part with Johnny running around the house creeped me the hell out

Was it autism?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mover posted:

James isn't cool but I would maintain that the song itself w/the three of them is a very good scene.

Four. How could you forget Bob?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've hit a weird spot in my enjoyment of this show I think. It's nothing like what I wanted, it's nothing that I was expecting, it's not telling the story I thought it would, and it doesn't seem to be made for anyone in particular (not even Lynch fans despite what everyone keeps saying in this thread). I'm having a hard time putting to words what I'm thinking, but the closest I can come up with is this is what Frost and Lynch would have made if they wanted to show 30 year younger versions of themselves a TV show. None of this show is for fans in any way, but if we happen to enjoy it then all the better.

I'm still loving it, but for reasons totally independent of why I loved the original series and film.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
rewatching episode 8:

on my first watching of the woodsmen pulling BOB out of dark cooper I assumed they had completely pulled BOB out and ran off with him.

They only pulled him halfway out, and either BOB went into Ray or is still in Mr. C.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
SOMETHING certainly happened to Ray there, he was screaming and looking quite distressed.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Baloogan posted:

SOMETHING certainly happened to Ray there, he was screaming and looking quite distressed.

I think it's just really horrible to be near ash hobos, see also the driving couple that gets stopped in the flashback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Episode was good but needed more ashy men