Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah, this list has potential. Had a good run on vassal with it this evening.

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cad Bane (2)
R4-E1 (1)
Cluster Mines (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Not completely sold on Adv Sensors since if I bump someone they are eating the bomb from genius. Also cruise missiles are harder to pull of than it looks. Need to work out how to set N'dru up better. Also clusters on a scout is just mean. Get another large base ship in your arc from range one to a bump and next turn they are eating 3 cluster mines. Really works well since people rush to get to range one to avoid the torps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Raged posted:

Yeah, this list has potential. Had a good run on vassal with it this evening.

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cad Bane (2)
R4-E1 (1)
Cluster Mines (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Not completely sold on Adv Sensors since if I bump someone they are eating the bomb from genius. Also cruise missiles are harder to pull of than it looks. Need to work out how to set N'dru up better. Also clusters on a scout is just mean. Get another large base ship in your arc from range one to a bump and next turn they are eating 3 cluster mines. Really works well since people rush to get to range one to avoid the torps.

Advsens is there to give you as many bombing options as possible with barrel roll before moving.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thespaceinvader posted:

Advsens is there to give you as many bombing options as possible with barrel roll before moving.

Oh, I know. I was the one who decided to put it on instead of acc. corrector. Just me being wishy washy with one of my lists. Going to try to get a bunch of matches this coming weekend at the shop with it. Really want to get practiced with it for a store championship in 2 weeks.

Now that I like it FFG is going to do something to jumpmasters or mindlink to screw it up.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Thinking of bringing this list to a store champs on Sunday. Make Nien my stressgiver with Snap and Jess teaming up for the attack.

Trip T70s (100)

"Snap" Wexley (33) - T-70 X-Wing
Veteran Instincts (1), R2 Astromech (1), Pattern Analyzer (2), Black One (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Nien Nunb (36) - T-70 X-Wing
Push The Limit (3), R3-A2 (2), Pattern Analyzer (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Jess Pava (31) - T-70 X-Wing
R2-D6 (1), Primed Thrusters (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Expertise (4)

Contemplating tho switching Expertise to VI for Jess to get over the low PS hump of Contracted Scouts and TIEs.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SubutaiDev.XWingTemplatesAR augmented reality app for X-Wing. Don"t know if it is actually useful.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

polynominal-c posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SubutaiDev.XWingTemplatesAR augmented reality app for X-Wing. Don"t know if it is actually useful.

That's pretty cool.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I gotta say I doubt it. It might give you a general idea but I can't see it having the precision to tell you anything even a mildly experienced player couldn't estimate anyway.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I can see how projecting a template would be really helpful with lining up nubs when bumping, but like you said, it probably lacks the precision.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This is pretty badly done

That dial, and also, that crew.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

This is pretty badly done

That dial, and also, that crew.

Oh boy, Deadeye in crew form! :downs:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

IronSaber posted:

Deadeye but better! You need a focus to use deadeye.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Two Store Champs back-to-back in town this upcoming weekend, and although I don't have high expectations of doing well at them (wangs overload) I'm gonna rep the venerable T-65s with the list I shamelessly stole from one of you that's Biggs, Hobbie, Tarn, and a Rookie. I've been doing okay with it the few times I've run it at casual league (against less than stellar opposition, admittedly).

If anyone has some good links for guys that print out alt art cards, I totally want to get Rookie Pilot done up with Rogue One's "Red Five" for the movie still. Feels good man.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Devlan Mud posted:

Two Store Champs back-to-back in town this upcoming weekend, and although I don't have high expectations of doing well at them (wangs overload) I'm gonna rep the venerable T-65s with the list I shamelessly stole from one of you that's Biggs, Hobbie, Tarn, and a Rookie. I've been doing okay with it the few times I've run it at casual league (against less than stellar opposition, admittedly).

If anyone has some good links for guys that print out alt art cards, I totally want to get Rookie Pilot done up with Rogue One's "Red Five" for the movie still. Feels good man.

Remind me what that list is?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

IronSaber posted:

Remind me what that list is?

Biggs with R4-D6, IA; Hobbie with Targeting Astromech, IA; Tarn with R7 Astromech, IA; Rookie with R2 Astromech, IA.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Sigh, some much potential

Again, look at that loving dial, and also look at that weak as poo poo cannon.

edit: Bonus, look at this guy responds To criticism

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I kinda like the cannon, if it were a point cheaper.

But yeah, that dial with a mobile arc is kind of crazy. Especially when you have a pilot who gets to move it free. Why would you *ever* fly a different pilot?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Aaron won't be running any more stele opens. Hotel screwed him over and it's too much effort for a "maybe" 2 years down. :negative:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chill la Chill posted:

Aaron won't be running any more stele opens. Hotel screwed him over and it's too much effort for a "maybe" 2 years down. :negative:

What'd they do, out of gossipy curiousity?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

IronSaber posted:

Except that it only works on things that don't require you to spend the token to use, because it doesn't obviate that requirement.

The 'ignore enemy stress imposition' one is far worse.

There's a lot about this that's mechanics-broken as opposed to balance-broken.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Weak as poo poo?!

It's a 3 die non-cancelling cannon, it HAS to be at least 4 or TIE/d breaks it, let alone that it adds a guaranteed crit AFTER hitting. The range hurts it but that's its only problem.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 10, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

What'd they do, out of gossipy curiousity?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeIQBrj5SGk

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You got a timestamp in that almost 2 hour video?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You got a timestamp in that almost 2 hour video?

At about 75 min in they talk about it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Your not going to trick me into watching/listening to an X-Wing Podcast.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Your longest con yet, Gurf, but we're still not falling for it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'll summarize:
Contract stuff got screwed up, and they got booked for the wrong room. In the meantime, the hotel booked a wedding in the room the Open was supposed to happen in, and the organizer had to pay $7k to bump the wedding.
Additionally, there's a ton of risk to take on for this event and the organizer really hopes to just break even at the end. Last event lost $3,600 as an event, which they made up to break-even by selling alt-arts/mats/custom coins.
The two risk factors are:
If people don't show up for one reason or another (weather, proximity of an official FFG System Open announced later, etc.), the event could lose thousands of dollars. And by "the event", that's real money from the organizer.
Alt art sales can't be counted on to make up the difference, because there's so many of them out there now that the market is saturated. Also, FFG is becoming more hardcore against it.

So, in the end it's a small group of people donating collectively hundreds of hours of their time risking being stuck with a $12,000 bill. Additionally, Aaron has a normal job and life outside of X-Wing, and real life is making the demands on his time/money difficult.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
It's kind of slack that FFG would not let him know of a date that would not compete with a system open.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It sucks rear end, but they have no interest in helping a competitor not lose out.

I've always been a little surprised the Stele open had survived this long.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I mean on the one hand they are helping keep "the community" passionate but on the other I'm sure they can't get too cozy with an event that thrives on what's basically bootleg merch while holding the official liscence.

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW
I dunno if it's a glitch or what (probably) but I am seeing INTENSE deals on x-wing with prime day today. For instance, just got the C-Roc for $25.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
The Force Awakens Core Set is LITERALLY FREE FOR SOME REASON: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-X-Wing-Miniatures/dp/B014TKHEPA/

(put it in your cart and go to checkout and HOLY poo poo)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
If shipping to Australia wasn't done by a golden cargo planes fueled with russian caviar.

Also support your local game shop. You ain;t going to be playing in Amazon's parking lot.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
The C-ROC is showing $23 in my cart
Tie Bombers are $4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If I hadn't just dropped $180 on a monitor I would be all over this. Did grab another core set at least, those are always useful.

Nevermind the blue light filter.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Looks like they are fixing it, I get a "We're sorry. The item Star Wars: The Force Awakens X-Wing Miniatures Game Core Set is no longer available from the seller you selected" when I go to add them to my cart.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm sad I missed the c roc. I'll never buy it at full price. But 23 bucks? Hell yeah I would have.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:same:

And I didn't strictly need another TFA starter, but for 0 USD I would have gifted someone else into the game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
My streak with N'dru,Nym and scout continues on vassal. Torp Bomber scout is just great. People avoid Nym like the plague and i use that to heard them towards the scout.

Still having trouble with N'dru though. Have only ever pulled off 4 dice shots with the cruise missiles. I mean it's nice but the stars really need to align for more against a smart player.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
For those who missed the deal, if it makes you feel any better the ones who got it will almost certainly be cancelled

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

My streak with N'dru,Nym and scout continues on vassal. Torp Bomber scout is just great. People avoid Nym like the plague and i use that to heard them towards the scout.

Still having trouble with N'dru though. Have only ever pulled off 4 dice shots with the cruise missiles. I mean it's nice but the stars really need to align for more against a smart player.

I'm sure you posted it before, but could you post it again? I wanna give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to play some games on Vassal sometime, but something about using it just seems really daunting to me and I'm not sure why.

• Locked thread