Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The number of low speed washouts was enough to make me take the truck this morning since it was wet.

Also the dudes going off cliffs, under trucks and burning alive :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I saw one part where a freakin' telephone pole simply just fell on a rider, that's some lovely luck, man.

Edit: And a wheel rolling up and across a median, hitting a rider in the head.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

yut ugh -> ded

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I was surprised and somewhat disappointed to not see the Grom crash-a-thon from this year's Crawl in the video anywhere.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Remember it's only part one.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw damnit these new VP9 encoded ones I can't simply download. :(

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chris Knight posted:

Aw damnit these new VP9 encoded ones I can't simply download. :(
Clipconverter.cc let me download it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

Clipconverter.cc let me download it.

:tipshat: must be my crappy old browser.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
http://digg.com/video/motorcyclist-falls-through-cracks

That'll make your butt pucker.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

quote:

This guy better thank his lucky stars that he somehow managed to get himself and his hog out unscathed.

:rolleyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:ohdear: Stay safe white DRZ HOG

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

They didn't even show them getting the bike out :(

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Are there any cool and good biek related instagrams?

Edit: + pic i took in Munich, did I find a cafe racer CA will like??

cosmin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 8, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://instagram.com/fuckyourbikesucks

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

cosmin posted:

Of course not, boxer Beemers are literally the worst things to turn into cafe racers and I really don't understand why there's such a vogue for doing so.

e: Actually... isn't that just stock?

ee: Doh of course it isn't. Still isn't even vaguely "cafe racer"-ish, exhausts apart it's more streetfighter, and if the hipsters have now moved on to completely misunderstanding streetfighters me and them are going to tangle

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 8, 2017

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Of course not, boxer Beemers are literally the worst things to turn into cafe racers and I really don't understand why there's such a vogue for doing so.

e: Actually... isn't that just stock?

ee: Doh of course it isn't. Still isn't even vaguely "cafe racer"-ish, exhausts apart it's more streetfighter, and if the hipsters have now moved on to completely misunderstanding streetfighters me and them are going to tangle

I can only assume it must be the PTSD that's blocking your memory of those K bike cafe conversions in Shoreditch.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
It's definitely a "cafe racer" in the sense that people mean it today, which is "custom bike"

Bonus cafe racer points:
+ satin-finish paint job (-5 points for not being matte finish)
+ extra thin seat
+ dirt tires on a street bike
+ fork gaiters on a street bike
+ inappropriate modern headlamp
+ excessively loud exhaust (likely)

But hell, whatever, I'd ride it if I could put on real tires and if the exhaust wasn't obnoxious. At least it's clean and looks to be in good shape.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

From the Schadenfreude thread.

cosmin posted:

It's hard to tell from that crappy angle.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

I can only assume it must be the PTSD that's blocking your memory of those K bike cafe conversions in Shoreditch.

No, that was the point I was making before descending into senility with the edits, I know they exist but am completely baffled by them.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
http://i.imgur.com/8UDYY4S.gifv

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Scooters are total pussy magnets.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Scooters are total pussy magnets.

They'd better be; one emergency swerve and that cat is going flying.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:ohdear: given what YouTube has shown us about riding in Asian countries, those cats are not long for this world.

Stay safe kitties.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nice scrambler parked beside me today.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
'71 CL350, same as mine! Nice shape -- hard to tell if that's the stock paint or not. They did come in "poppy yellow metallic" in that year, but it's usually brighter than in that picture. But if it's repainted they did bother to recreate the same tank graphics so that's neat. And the owner needs to get better tires.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 9, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU606TeniVg

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Gat drat, take dat fuckers wrench and spray paint away, please!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I almost can't laugh, what a travesty

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Apparently suicide horns are en vogue. :magical:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
So, why would they buy that? Surely nothing about that bike is salvagable at this point. What kind of idiot even does all that?!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

What kind of idiot even does all that?!

The garden variety, if Craigslist is any indication

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

TBF most of the true garbage is just the terrible spray paint on every metal part, and dry ice blasting would take it right off without leaving any residue. If they have access to that equipment and they got the bike for almost nothing, it might be worth it.

Going to have to replace the tires and intake boots and turn signal lenses and all the other rubber/plastic pieces he painted though :allears:

e: and that carb with the cover epoxied on :laffo:

e2: and replace the wiring harness. hmm. Well, maybe they got it for free, or for like a hundred bucks.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 10, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sagebrush posted:

TBF most of the problem is just the terrible spray paint on every metal part, and dry ice blasting would take it right off without leaving any residue. If they have access to that equipment and they got the bike for almost nothing, it might be worth it.

Going to have to replace the tires and intake boots and turn signal lenses and all the other rubber/plastic pieces he painted though :allears:

e: and that carb with the cover epoxied on :laffo:

Even after media blasting the poo poo out of it, that bike is a donor motor and nothing else. What a piece of poo poo.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I had a friend that does that exact kind of poo poo to everything, down to the color choice. He's super super hyper, very immature, impulsive, starts a million projects and half asses all of them. He also buys the cheapest garbage and claims he got a fantastic deal. He would loving love to buy that garbage bike, I actually went on facebook to see if it was his bike.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Maybe I missed it in the video but what was it before? Is it worth restoring?

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

rdb posted:

Maybe I missed it in the video but what was it before? Is it worth restoring?

CB750, 1984. One of my bikes was stolen by methheads (that were later arrested riding it with meth in their system and in their pockets), and they had gifted the bike an almost identical paint job.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Looks like it was originally a 1984-86 CB750SC / Nighthawk S.

Really loving disappointing that the kid ruined it like that because it is another one of those bikes that has ultimate 1980s style. Check out those gauges

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I was about go all team green and say if I wanted a zrx I'd get a zrx, but yeah those dials are loving tight :krad:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was about go all team green and say if I wanted a zrx I'd get a zrx, but yeah those dials are loving tight :krad:

Those dials are far superior to mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The before does look really cool.