Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
that was a good old fashioned rear end whipping and I liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

gret posted:

I dunno. Isn't the intent of G-W-C pretty much to make it a lottery?

Just bunching them up for a restart is enough of a lottery. If you have a situation where the leader changes tires and everyone else stays out, or the leader stays out and everyone else changes tires, the only thing you're doing is loving over the leader for no other reason than bad luck.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Good race. Y'all who hate seeing a good stomping every once in a while are silly.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

Good race. Y'all who hate seeing a good stomping every once in a while are silly.

As long as it isn't being done by Kyle Busch.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
uh Jimmie's gonna get his 8th, and I expect this post to be sceen-capped and posted 5 months from now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

As long as it isn't being done by Kyle Busch.

True

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

L_Harrison posted:

uh Jimmie's gonna get his 8th, and I expect this post to be sceen-capped and posted 5 months from now.

Gotta be a :toxx: for it to count.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
rear end-stompings are fine

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
If you stomp a race with only 20 viable contenders, does it still count? 🤔

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Peanut President posted:

Richard Petty had his counted with only like 5 so yeah

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Peanut President posted:

The field seems pretty competitive?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/884063640697044992

Never gonna stop posting Jr not giving a gently caress

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Can Bubba just get a cup ride? That would be great.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Can Bubba just get a cup ride? That would be great.

This. Hopefully not with JGR.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friend found this old ad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

This. Hopefully not with JGR.

Goes without saying!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

dentist toy box posted:

So the OT line is just uh a how could you put it a Green, then a White, Maybe a checkered finish?

No, we can still call it OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME this way.

Also, :lol: at NASCAR basically taking a rule right out of ARCA's playbook and making it their own because unlimited attempts at GWCs provided the leader doesn't take the white is literally an ARCA rule.

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/884063640697044992

Never gonna stop posting Jr not giving a gently caress

Junebug also hates that NASCAR is taking Darlington and having specified theme periods for each Southern 500 now, which makes me feel better about thinking it's a dumb idea myself because, as usual, NASCAR is taking a fun thing and trying too hard with it.

"Yer gonna run outta years and then yer gonna haveta just say it's all years and that's dumb. We should just have it open to all years all the time!" was the gist of his argument in his podcast this week.

e- What happened to Mike Massaro? I noticed he didn't work either Daytona or Kentucky and, checking out Twitter, he lists himself as a former NBC reporter.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 9, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/884248512204079105

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
he won a third of the races and a third of the poles plus both championships and people are mad that Truex had a lead

new and casual fans should be executed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Shocking that NASCAR fans outside of SA are dilldos.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I got 129 points in Fantasy this week. My lineup finished 11th-37th-38th-39th. :stonk:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

he won a third of the races and a third of the poles plus both championships and people are mad that Truex had a lead

new and casual fans should be executed

Yeah I posted that exactly for you. :).

Norns posted:

Shocking that NASCAR fans outside of SA are dilldos.

The gang on twitter I hang with (including posters mearn, hester) are chill as gently caress.

But it's kind of a small circle even then.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
twitter is bad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Says the guy running a facebook nascar group

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

twitter is bad

You get to hear a lot of stupid ideas on there and on the NASCAR sirius channel.

Including the people that watch the xfinity series because "Their favorite cup driver is racing".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol at literally anyone in this thread having the notion that we're not all dipshits too

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh we definitely are. I mean I also post in the F1 thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

We're $10 dipshits, we have value.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Oh we definitely are. I mean I also post in the F1 thread.

:buddy::hf::buddy:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rumors floatin about that RCR might be headed to a new manufacturer next year, potentially Dodge. Would be a pretty smart move for them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

Rumors floatin about that RCR might be headed to a new manufacturer next year, potentially Dodge. Would be a pretty smart move for them.

Cue all the purists whining about the 3 not being on a Chevy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Cue all the purists whining about the 3 not being on a Chevy.

Imagine if it was on a Toyota tho :getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

:jackbud:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
That was indeed an rear end stomping, and I'm happy that Truex got to stomp the field and finish it off with a win even with overtime bullshit because so many times he's crushed the field and finished like 5th or something. But that race was boring as gently caress. The only interesting thing that happened is when McMurray banged off Hamlin going 3-wide on like lap 20 and the race was so loving boring the broadcast team was trying to make that a thing for the entirety of the race. I don't care if somebody curb stomps the field but at least give me some sort of action somewhere else in the field. I don't care if it's McDowell and Ragan going at it for 27th, show me something on track besides strung out cars at the front while telling me that Furniture Row Racing is based in Colorado for the 9 billionth time. I am a NASCAR sucker that watches every single race but even I can't let this go by without complaining. It also figures that I'm still in the minority of the thread when the biggest borefest of the year is being half defended by this thread with guys saying, if y'all don't like mudholes being stomped in the field's rear end y'all need to get the gently caress out. Hell I don't care if Jimmie wins by 8 laps, show me the race for loving 15th so I can say I didn't waste my time and if you can't, do like Brad said and at least design a car that can race side by side on 1.5 miler.

To continue my complaining, is the burnout interview going to continue to be a thing? I thought last week was just the hype of it being Daytona and Sticky Ricky's second win and the first race on NBC and it just felt right to go out there and get the post burnout interview but then they do it again this week? It's a little redundant to do the burnout trackside interview and then the victory lane interview right after it. Again, I like Martin Truex but I don't need 20 minutes of post race interview with him. or anybody else.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

NBC did the same thing for indycar so I'm guessing it's a full on thing.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

bigbillystyle posted:

boring as gently caress

I disagree, I actually found the race pretty good. I thought strategy stuff got interesting leading up to the Stage 2 finish with some cars electing to not take a pit stop during the stage break, but it ultimately not mattering because Truex knew he was going to win that race no matter what everyone else tried or what NASCAR's rules would try to do to gently caress him over. That it stayed green until that late caution allowed the race to develop, instead of everyone just racing each other to the next caution that normally happens because people are racing stupid to cause one.

As it got closer and closer to the finish and it was longer and longer without a caution, I couldn't help but notice the chatter elsewhere about people saying that a caution "needs" to come out to save this "boring" race. It's kind of a sad state where the only definition of a good race in many people's eyes is how much wheel-to-wheel action and passing there is. You can still have a good time with positional strategy and gaining/losing time, even without a lot of action on the track. The Iowa Indycar race was more that than on-track action, but it was still a fun one. In NASCAR's case, its quest to all but eliminate the emphasis on that side of racing (electing instead to throw cautions and bunch up the field for :siren:EXCITING RESTARTS:siren:) is partly to blame for it being in the position it's found itself in presently.

bigbillystyle posted:

Hell I don't care if Jimmie wins by 8 laps, show me the race for loving 15th so I can say I didn't waste my time and if you can't, do like Brad said and at least design a car that can race side by side on 1.5 miler.

Although I don't disagree with you about this. I did start to wonder towards the end if there were any battles elsewhere on the track, or if the entire field had strung out to a point where there wasn't. If there's no real racing happening anywhere in the field, NBC should at least check in on the closest backmarkers from time to time.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

The people on Twitter that can't seem to grasp that Toyotas are more American made than Chevys and that it's OK to support corporations that used concentration camp labor as long as they're :911: irritate the poo poo out of me.

But then again, it seems like most people are just loving morons so :iiam:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't hate Toyota i just hate JGR

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I hate Toyota because they make boring assed cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted:

I hate Toyota because they make boring assed cars.

as an owner of 2 mr2s i disagree sir

• Locked thread