Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Sadly Centaurs Worries didn't start with chapter 0

Otoh, it sorta threw the audience into the whole thing during the first half of the episode with no real introductions.

Also the teacher's speech is supper terrifying with the two faceless public officials literally standing in the doorway overseeing it. I don't remember that from the manga, but the undercurrent of near authoritarian equality is just a bit frightening and edges towards parody of those types of ideas of equality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Too much Isekai, too little ecchi OVAs, and just enough moe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xelkelvos posted:

Otoh, it sorta threw the audience into the whole thing during the first half of the episode with no real introductions.

Also the teacher's speech is supper terrifying with the two faceless public officials literally standing in the doorway overseeing it. I don't remember that from the manga, but the undercurrent of near authoritarian equality is just a bit frightening and edges towards parody of those types of ideas of equality.

No no the author literally thinks it's cool and good don't you read this thread

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Too much Isekai, too little ecchi OVAs, and just enough moe.

Never enough moe

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

Never enough moe

Enough Moe is more than you've got and less than too much, and there's no such thing as Too Much Moe

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mo' moe, mo' problems

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Also the part about "no you can't ride me, illegal even if I say okay."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nielsm posted:

Also the part about "no you can't ride me, illegal even if I say okay."

And the stage collapsing because they were reluctant to acknowledge Hime's physical differences. That said, I sort of feel like all of this is supposed to be presented in a somewhat neutral manner, dropping us into ordinary life in an alien world with extremely different social pressures. This is life in a world where humanity is incredibly physically divergent - it has its good bits, and it has its bad bits.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Darth Walrus posted:

That said, I sort of feel like all of this is supposed to be presented in a somewhat neutral manner, dropping us into ordinary life in an alien world with extremely different social pressures. This is life in a world where humanity is incredibly physically divergent - it has its good bits, and it has its bad bits.

This is exactly the case, and also why I don't understand people trying to attribute political motivations to the author. Different people could interpret it seventeen different ways and they might all be wrong, because that world is so different than ours than any attempt at analogy falls apart pretty fast.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

This is exactly the case, and also why I don't understand people trying to attribute political motivations to the author. Different people could interpret it seventeen different ways and they might all be wrong, because that world is so different than ours than any attempt at analogy falls apart pretty fast.

Though there were some real-world-applicable political statements, like that dig about racism in a world where people are only separated by skin colour.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://my.mixtape.moe/lrpzbd.webm

That poor kid in the bed across from them. :stonk:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Princess Principal does right everything Joker Game did wrong. It's brilliant. Checking out Altair and Abyss next, if those are as good as people say this is a strong rear end season.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

What the eye-color changes in Kakegurui brought to mind immediately was the Death Note anime.

I feel that.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Seconding that Castlevania is pretty good and worth a watch. It's pretty obviously just like, the first part of a larger story, but it's well-animated and it's all in all better than expected. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for the next chapter in the story, but I'll definitely watch when the next season comes out and I'm interested to see what else they do with their original animated stuff.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Crunchyroll got New Game 2.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

And the stage collapsing because they were reluctant to acknowledge Hime's physical differences. That said, I sort of feel like all of this is supposed to be presented in a somewhat neutral manner, dropping us into ordinary life in an alien world with extremely different social pressures. This is life in a world where humanity is incredibly physically divergent - it has its good bits, and it has its bad bits.

Well there's also the "even talking about this is illegal" sort of thought policing which spooks me a little.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Xelkelvos posted:

Well there's also the "even talking about this is illegal" sort of thought policing which spooks me a little.

Yeah, it feels much more like The Lives of Others than MonMusu. I'm kinda digging the weirdly oppressive vibe.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Araki posted:

Crunchyroll got New Game 2.

Excellent, now they just need the new Symphogear too.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xelkelvos posted:

agreed. so, about this season's smash hit Tenshi no 3P! . . .

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tenshi no 3p is epic cause it took less than one episode to show that it's the real most hosed up show of the year

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
c'mon, i fell asleep halfway and now i'm being spoiled before i can finish...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

centaurs worries is portraying the realistic future of sjw and anti gamergate culture

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

3p has a review at MAL that's, uh

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

3p has a review at MAL that's, uh

its for pedophiles

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first episode is about how a guy wants to gently caress elementary schoolers. watch it at your own jail cell

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the first episode is about how a guy wants to gently caress elementary schoolers. watch it at your own jail cell

holy poo poo I did not realize

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's maybe not going to be on anyone's top 5's this year

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

For serious, thanks for the warning. Its description makes it sound like otaku bait but not actually illegal, and I like to watch the first eps of most things airing in a season to get a feel for 'em.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's by the writer of Ro-Kyu-Bu, which was notorious for being the exact same thing but with basketball rather than music, so much like with Eromanga-sensei, y'all had warning.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's maybe not going to be on anyone's top 5's this year

Seems like a good candidate for "most avoided," though.

I just took a look at the ANN reviews. It managed to skeeve out even Theron!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Seems like a good candidate for "most avoided," though.

I just took a look at the ANN reviews. It managed to skeeve out even Theron!

wwwwwwwwhy are these people giving the pedobait show even 1.5 stars

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OK, finished watching Castlevania. Ryotaro Okiayu as Trevor was a great casting choice. And while the series is far from perfect, it's pretty good, and as good a "serious" cartoon based on Castlevania as we're likely to get. Here's hoping the 2nd season that'll come next year does right by these episodes. That scene with the Bishop guy getting devoured was much more effective than I thought it'd be. Sometimes not showing is very effective. :stare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think making Trevor a lovely sassy drunk was a very good character choice and I love him a lot.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i'm gonna call it now and say that mr. motorcycle man is going to be the best character in ballroom

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

wait maybe its going to be the girl??? this show is intense

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm partial to this lady, myself.

:blush:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

my sister sent me the princess principal op so i guess im watching that now

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Space Flower posted:

ep 1 was super pretty

The music in this was loving on point too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6d9wlaQPoc

Very melancholic feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
As if the name Tenshi no 3p didn't make it clear enough.

• Locked thread