Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Covok posted:

I mean, maybe we collect the super dragonballs and wish that all the universes had a super, super high mortal level.

The Super Dragon Balls are loving cool because after a lifetime of these reasonably limited wish-granters on two planets of two stages of power and ability, now you open the door to "You can wish for anything. Anything." - only they're planet sized, and across two universes; it frankly makes the lesser balls look pretty drat reasonable for what they can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
One of these days, Goku is going to get bored & wish for the ultimate opponent. The Earth is doomed because whenever either one starts losing, the other throws him a senzu bean and the fight continues.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Black August posted:

The Super Dragon Balls are loving cool because after a lifetime of these reasonably limited wish-granters on two planets of two stages of power and ability, now you open the door to "You can wish for anything. Anything." - only they're planet sized, and across two universes; it frankly makes the lesser balls look pretty drat reasonable for what they can do

He makes the wish and all that happens is Vegeta is teleported right in front of him.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Covok posted:

He makes the wish and all that happens is Hit is teleported right in front of him.

And Vegeta cries.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Bee posted:

And Vegeta cries.

Tags: netorare

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Dragon Balls cause more harm than good. They're either used for selfish, dangerous wishes (King Piccolo, Sorbet) or to fix the deaths caused by people who wanted the Dragon Balls to begin with (post-every crisis, basically).

Even the wishes that don't fall into those are not wishes made to improve the universe, normally being far more small in scale and without extreme consequences. Hell, even if someone tried that kind of wish, it's unlikely Shenlong could grant it, considering his limits, and I doubt Porunga is much better. Super Shenlong meanwhile has been used a grand total of once in this timeline and I want to believe that that improved, even if very slightly, U6's Mortal Level. It may be why it's one position above U7, even.

U6 is probably above U7 because Champa is too lazy to gently caress up as much as Beerus

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
RIP Catgirl, taken from us to soon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
rest in peace bunny girl, you did literally nothing and then got stomped so hard we didn't see it. and then you got erased. also RIP yu-gi-oh face making supreme kai, you had the stupidest face. good riddance

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

IcePhoenix posted:

U6 is probably above U7 because Champa is too lazy to gently caress up as much as Beerus

I'd probably put this down to Vados vs Whis. Vados seems to spend most of her time mocking Champa and tricking him into doing things for his own(and presumably others') benefit, whereas Whis pretty much splits his time between letting Beerus do whatever the gently caress he wants and catering to Beerus's whims and then loving off to have some me time when Beerus checks out.

To be fair to Whis, this difference is probably made possible by Champa seeming to be a drat sight stupider than Beerus, so he's easier to lead around by the nose.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Champa and Vados seemed a bit like the reverse of Beerus and Whis, where Champa has at least some sort of conscience, while Vados has a sadistic streak going. Champa thought not helping the war torn planets was kind of mean, while Vados was amused that Frost was the one that caused them to be ruined in the first place.

Course, Champa's still an rear end in a top hat, but I have to at least assume he doesn't just destroy planets because he didn't like their food.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vados' interests begin and end with getting her fat kitty to improve, so she makes her cat go out and get some exercise and do responsible things occasionally, as well as teaching him to improve by taking his orders literally (like offering their ride to Hit), while Whis is content to have his skinny cat do whatever it feels like.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Man the baseball episode was so good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Momomo posted:

Course, Champa's still an rear end in a top hat, but I have to at least assume he doesn't just destroy planets because he didn't like their food.

He probably just hasn't found any food he dislikes

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Whis is actually playing the long game in improving beerus. This entire tournament is to teach him his job matters.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I really like Whis, so I hope he ends up on the side of the 'good guys'. I could definitely get behind some dei-patri-fratricide.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The entire moral of DBS, insofar that there is one, and a theme starting as far back as BoG, is that there are some hurdles you simply can't cross and will never surpass, no matter how hard you try.

So where does everyone keep getting the idea that this is somehow going to end with Goku et al magically gaining enough power to beat up a GoD, never mind the Grand Priest or Zenk

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pureauthor posted:

So where does everyone keep getting the idea that this is somehow going to end with Goku et al magically gaining enough power to beat up a GoD, never mind the Grand Priest or Zenk

The manga a.k.a Toyotaro's wet fanfic, in which Goku learned how to delete people in it's latest chapter.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

The entire moral of DBS, insofar that there is one, and a theme starting as far back as BoG, is that there are some hurdles you simply can't cross and will never surpass, no matter how hard you try.

The part where Goku said he's gonna punch the Gods at the end of the last tournament.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kild posted:

The part where Goku said he's gonna punch the Gods at the end of the last tournament.
Did he actually say this, or was this "hey Hit we won't always be under their thumb..." And then later they had an awesome fight outside of the tournament??

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Goku's favorite hobby is beating up royalty, how could he pass up the chance to wail on the king of everything?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

Even in Resurrection "F", Whis pointed out that Goku and Vegeta together could beat Beerus, it's just that Saiyans are horrendous at teamwork. In the fight against Fusion Zamasu (manga) Shin even points out that Vegetto is more powerful than Beerus...but he lasts for minutes and accomplishes nothing anyways.

Goku couldn't beat up a GoD, but considering how this arc has repeatedly hammered in the fact that teamwork is important, I can see him finally learning that lesson and finally surpassing Beerus with the help of his friends. And then they'll all go eat at Bulma's to congratulate themselves, Beerus included.

I don't think the Angels or Zen-oh are people Goku could ever beat though. The latter doesn't even fight, so that's "I don't care" territory for Goku anyways.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pureauthor posted:

The opening theme basically says that first bit and the next line is more or less "well I'll just break the limit again" and then two seconds later Goku looks like he powered up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Goku would not be satisfied with that arrangement, and neither am I :colbert:

When Goku saw the grand priest for the first time he got excited. No way he hasn't been fantasizing about that fight since he first laid eyes on him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even in Resurrection "F", Whis pointed out that Goku and Vegeta together could beat Beerus, it's just that Saiyans are horrendous at teamwork. In the fight against Fusion Zamasu (manga) Shin even points out that Vegetto is more powerful than Beerus...but he lasts for minutes and accomplishes nothing anyways.

Goku couldn't beat up a GoD, but considering how this arc has repeatedly hammered in the fact that teamwork is important, I can see him finally learning that lesson and finally surpassing Beerus with the help of his friends. And then they'll all go eat at Bulma's to congratulate themselves, Beerus included.

I don't think the Angels or Zen-oh are people Goku could ever beat though. The latter doesn't even fight, so that's "I don't care" territory for Goku anyways.
:eng101:
If Vegitto is stronger than Beerus than so is Goku! Goku is stronger than Vegitto, he won a beam struggle against Super Zamasu and hosed up his face, where as Vegittos biggest most powerful attack did nothing to him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

If Vegitto is stronger than Beerus than so is Goku! Goku is stronger than Vegitto, he won a beam struggle against Super Zamasu and hosed up his face, where as Vegittos biggest most powerful attack did nothing to him.

Shut up

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Goku is the most powerful.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku is going to fight the angels like no loving poo poo

Of course he's going to and has already surpassed Beerus this is Dragonball

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

No, go back to writing your fanfic Toyotaro, no one cares.

Black August posted:

Goku is going to fight the angels like no loving poo poo

Of course he's going to and has already surpassed Beerus this is Dragonball

This is Dragon Ball Super, where Goku has consistently failed to measure up to his opponents (lost against Beerus, was weaker than Freeza and won by time-cheating, gave up against Hit, lost to Zamasu).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really see him fighting the angels since they aren't really fighters, they're more like mages. I can't see Whis throwing a punch dramatically.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why is everyone saying Toyotaro is a fanficer?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Because all he does is show how cool Goku is

Covok
May 27, 2013

Momomo posted:

I don't really see him fighting the angels since they aren't really fighters, they're more like mages. I can't see Whis throwing a punch dramatically.

Caster supremacy in my Dragonball? More likely than you think.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Aurora posted:

Because all he does is show how cool Goku is

Wow that seems like a real loving black and white display. The enemy is all about how Goku is being outclassed and the manga is all about him getting to crack some face. Is that what I'm getting here?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
All of that losing is an intentional ploy to make it a "surprise" when Goku wins this tournament and wishes back everyone.

Again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They say it because the manga is bad

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Momomo posted:

there is already an episode with goku and vegeta fighting whis, it's when he draws his name on them with a marker

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Covok posted:

Why is everyone saying Toyotaro is a fanficer?

Because he used to write fanfic, and the manga keeps getting closer and closer to the fanfic he wrote.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I like Vegeta having the ability to go super saiyan God but aside from that and the art, eh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This thread is 737 pages long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The Super anime is also like a fanfic, but it's like my fanfic and therefore good and not bad.

• Locked thread