Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought Diane seemed a little unnerved about receiving the message, although definitely not as much as I would have expected.

I thought it was a Manchurian Candidate type of deal, with that phrase being some deep-seeded trigger that badcoop gave Diane while he was doing his unpleasantness to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah yeah i know
gently caress you albert

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it's just really horrible to be near ash hobos, see also the driving couple that gets stopped in the flashback

oh yeah thats true

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be fair, I also probably would panic if the guy I just shot to death was being dissected by magical ghost hobos who pulled the raw essence of evil out of his stomach. But maybe that's just because I am a coward.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Half of the Jodie Domingre gang is now following Booper

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lynch saw The Hateful Eight and was like "Yeah sure I can do that too"

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
About the couple in the car and the woodsman...

If you listen to the woman in the car screaming, her voice is really, really low. The audio is clearly slowed. And yet, the woodsman's voice was even lower.

This means if the audio is sped back up to normal that the woodsman actually has a voice like Alvin and the chipmunks. Makes you think.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Who was the DJ playing before the girl scratched her armpit

Before au revoire simone

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Phi230 posted:

Half of the Jodie Domingre gang is now following Booper

lol

Phi230 posted:

Who was the DJ playing before the girl scratched her armpit

Before au revoire simone

hudson mohawke

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

on Shaggy's geocities website there's a video(?) with the show's theme, but underneath you can hear something else. Has anyone figured out what that is yet?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thom and the Heads posted:

lol

hudson mohawke
Hudson Mohawke playing what might be an unreleased track? I looked it up on YouTube after the credits rolled and I couldn't find it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

That was wonderful, and conversely it's amazing how much Jerry HASN'T grown up.

His two most recent scenes of being high in the forest and freaking out have been so great :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We aren't gonna see real Coop, are we? :smith:

I'm fluctuating hard between all the stages of grief :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Juding by his staring at the electrical socket and the red heels in this episode, we can probably assume that he's at least still in there somewhere and knows who he really is. It's just a matter of regaining his faculties, which is going to happen very slowly. I doubt he'll resemble the Coop we know until the last couple of episodes, if he ever does at all. I'd compare it to alzheimer's or dementia in a way- Coop is still present, he's just been scrambled (and also is missing his shoes).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GobiasIndustries posted:

We aren't gonna see real Coop, are we? :smith:

I'm fluctuating hard between all the stages of grief :smith:
We still have 9 episodes to go. Give it time!

You see what insanity we've gotten in the first 9 episodes?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Help me out here. It sounds like in the Secret History of Twin Peaks people think that TP is Tammy Preston, but this looks like a Ti to me.

What else would that dot be? No dot in Tammy or Tamara....what's Tia's full name from sister sister? Is it short for something???

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope they eventually manage to wheel Cooper out of the bad retirement home (black lodge) and put him in the good retirement home (white lodge).

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

zelah posted:

Help me out here. It sounds like in the Secret History of Twin Peaks people think that TP is Tammy Preston, but this looks like a Ti to me.

I dunno if you've read the whole book, but:

Her full name is given on the last page.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

That was wonderful, and conversely it's amazing how much Jerry HASN'T grown up.

His two most recent scenes of being high in the forest and freaking out have been so great :allears:

It seems Jerry's world is getting smaller as he ages. He once traveled around the world and a large part of his enthusiasm seemed to be for the new experiences other places have to offer, even if he was kinda gross about all of it.

Now he's in the woods and his greatest trips are only inside his head. Not much judgement there, but it seems a far way away from Iceland or french baguettes

Meanwhile Ben's consciousness has probably actually expanded with age.

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004
Did Andy just let the guy with the bloody truck get away and go back to shopping for chairs, or did I miss something?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

They had Shaggy say "scuba" an inconspicuous amount.
https://soundcloud.com/davekap/scoob
(I honestly don't know a better way to host sound files)

Counteresperanto
Jun 15, 2007

Achievement is its' own reward. Pride obscures it.
I think Diane may not know who the text is from. She may be a willing participant in a plot against the real Dale Cooper, as she has demonstrated a real hatred towards him, for reasons not entirely disclosed. But, based on her reactions to the Doppleganger, I think she doesn't realise this is who she is in league with.

And echoing the thoughts of some others, I also wondered, when I first saw the scene, if Ray had become the new host for Bob.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Krenzo posted:

Did Andy just let the guy with the bloody truck get away and go back to shopping for chairs, or did I miss something?

I mean, the guy with the truck is probably dead. There is no rush.

And More fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 11, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Sefiros posted:

I dunno if you've read the whole book, but:

Her full name is given on the last page.

I haven't made it all the way through yet, but that answers my question. Still odd that there would be a stray dot in the signature though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like this episode a lot more the second time round. Makes it easier to appreciate the little details.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Two things I noticed and didn't see posted recently:

First, when Roy shoots Bad Coop, there are two shots. The second shot is a repeat of the first; the film goes back about a fourth of a second and loops the gunshot. When Bad Coop shots off the wound to the woman at the farm, there's only one bullet hole. This is only really significant in confirming other noticed fluctuations with time where Bad Coop and his machinations are concerned. Maybe it's more important because the time-altering effects are extending out from him and the things he made (like Sonny Jim, perhaps) and affecting those around him. It's kind of like the gunshot was a record scratch of the localized area, or deja vu in the Matrix sense. The act of shooting Bad Coop was what let the sootmen in, but it's not the gun or the user who is special.

Here's a clip, I couldn't find a clean one but this is time coded to 1:10, the relevant moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSQqHDLmK4&t=70s

Second, I think we've seen the image on Bad Coop's ace of spades before. It looks like the owl cave symbol, which could be a sort of primitive representation of Mother/Experiment. The owl cave symbol is also shown in the series facing both directions, as it's pointing down on the map but pointing up in its "correct" configuration within the cave. This could refer to the line "sometimes my arms bend backwards" that Laura says in the beginning of the season. Some of this is more tenuous than others, fair, but I can't stop seeing the resemblance between the card and the symbol.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Where did "experiment" come from?

Edit: Because I'm groaning pretty hard at Mother/Experiment and the Trinity test.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 11, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

genericnick posted:

Where did "experiment" come from?

The credits, I think. I'm just going along with the popular tags for things I don't grok.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

DaveKap posted:

They had Shaggy say "scuba" an inconspicuous amount.
https://soundcloud.com/davekap/scoob
(I honestly don't know a better way to host sound files)

That felt so much like it was intended in the strangest way - particularly after my partner and I had already started making goofy references to Scooby snacks and G-g-g-ghosts as the scene dragged on when Matthew Lillards sobbing started to lay on fairly thick.

An odd honage though - I wouldn't have imagined David Lynch or Mark Frost being big fans of 2002's Scooby Doo, nor of adding this type of self referential humour.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Isometric Bacon posted:

An odd honage though - I wouldn't have imagined David Lynch or Mark Frost being big fans of 2002's Scooby Doo, nor of adding this type of self referential humour.

Did you know that Lynch is a big fan of Phish? The entire third season is based on their songs.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
That's the second time that Photoshop of Lynch's face over a guy with downs syndrome was posted itt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yAiyaVgaU

You can't deny it, it just makes too much sense

Now hand me that spool of Finley's fine twine.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

And More posted:

Did you know that Lynch is a big fan of Phish? The entire third season is based on their songs.

It's clearly fake because Dad isn't wearing the Official David Lynch Uniform.

Because he cosplays as himself.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

And More posted:

I didn't know Steve Merchant was in Phish

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Two things I noticed and didn't see posted recently:

First, when Roy shoots Bad Coop, there are two shots. The second shot is a repeat of the first; the film goes back about a fourth of a second and loops the gunshot. When Bad Coop shots off the wound to the woman at the farm, there's only one bullet hole. This is only really significant in confirming other noticed fluctuations with time where Bad Coop and his machinations are concerned. Maybe it's more important because the time-altering effects are extending out from him and the things he made (like Sonny Jim, perhaps) and affecting those around him. It's kind of like the gunshot was a record scratch of the localized area, or deja vu in the Matrix sense. The act of shooting Bad Coop was what let the sootmen in, but it's not the gun or the user who is special.

The geocities site talks about time and relativity, specifically for extradimensional beings. It's so accurate it hurts. I used to read sites exactly like it in 1997.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Jerry is high as gently caress.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Me, too.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i wonder what jerry plot is leading up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Baloogan posted:

i wonder what jerry plot is leading up to

I bet he shows up at jackrabbit castle or whatever with Bobby and the boys.