Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KildarX posted:

You spent money and read those things? I just watched the TFR Lets read for them.

I'm the lucky soul who has been sent two copies of the series on two separate secret santas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I still find it kinda bizarre that because I don't like Russia I'm by default a liberal now. Like there are really only three things I'm liberal about: social issues, weed, and healthcare.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reverand maynard posted:

I still find it kinda bizarre that because I don't like Russia I'm by default a liberal now. Like there are really only three things I'm liberal about : social issues, weed, and healthcare.

welcome to 2017

we're all liberals down here

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
BUT

HIS

EMAILS

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/884583827611496448

Edit: nevermind Big Donnie might not have known, but he was mad about it when he found out after the G-20 trip.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884583661307400192

Ari Melber @AriMelber:

Legally significant because this is
(1) written evidence
(2) before the meeting
(3) stating Russian gov involvement

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 11, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Reverand maynard posted:

I still find it kinda bizarre that because I don't like Russia I'm by default a liberal now. Like there are really only three things I'm liberal about : social issues, weed, and healthcare.

That makes you like 100% a snowflake liberal

What prompted Trump Jr to talk about meeting with Russia? Did something get leaked and he spoke about it or did he just decide to eat his feet unprovoked?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

BUT

HIS

EMAILS

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/884583827611496448

and Big Donnie knew.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884583661307400192

Ari Melber @AriMelber:

Legally significant because this is
(1) written evidence
(2) before the meeting
(3) stating Russian gov involvement

I mean this is real bad but watch it not matter

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Two Finger posted:

I mean this is real bad but watch it not matter

Oh of course. It's just hilarious.

Also I made an edit, Big Donnie might not have known about it. The kicker of the story was about how Big Donnie found out about the meeting after the G-20 trip.

Big Donnie could've still known though, considering all the campaign people were attending.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The more this story walks, the more :stare: it gets.

Dude just straight up admitted to at least a Logan Act violation and sold out Kushner/Manafort on the same charges. Yea, there is lots of smoke. But this is blatant fire. These motherfuckers straight up attempted to work with the Russians and admitted it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

The more this story walks, the more :stare: it gets.

Dude just straight up admitted to at least a Logan Act violation and sold out Kushner/Manafort on the same charges. Yea, there is lots of smoke. But this is blatant fire. These motherfuckers straight up attempted to work with the Russians and admitted it.

Saints Mattis Mueller and Comey will descend to bestow their blessings upon us

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Trump: "gently caress that guy. Not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative response."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

atlanta is one of the liberal cities in the south, which side are you fuckers on

The side that doesn't end with Atlanta razed... Again.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

KildarX posted:

The side that doesn't end with Atlanta razed... Again.

If Zombie Sherman agrees to spare one of the Vortex locations, I'll start grabbing gas cans.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looking forward to a slate of Republican talking heads getting in front of cameras and saying, "it's just emails. Nobody cares about emails this is all a witch hunt over emails" because gently caress everything this is 2017 bitch! Ain't no reality in this world anymore!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

TBeats posted:

That makes you like 100% a snowflake liberal

What prompted Trump Jr to talk about meeting with Russia? Did something get leaked and he spoke about it or did he just decide to eat his feet unprovoked?

the boy just isn't very bright

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

Kushner.

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/884593145257873408

Drudge is mind-melded with Kushner, so Drudge is basically Kushner.

My guess: Kushner originally omitted/lied about this meeting on his SF-86, then corrected it.

Somehow the news gets out that the meeting exists and the main principal was Donnie Junior, even though Kushner and Manafort attended too. Donnie Junior is pretty much the dumbest and most hard-charging of those three. Then with the news, someone in the Trump Org tips off Kushner "hey, Donnie Junior had an email about it." Kushner jumps and leaks the extra information to get his version of the story out before Donnie Junior inevitably blames Kushner for it.

VVVVVVVVV

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nothing matters hail gay satan

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

Nothing matters hail gay satan

SS-18 is very phallic

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean seriously I read this and imagine the possible reaction if Obama were still president or hell really if LITERALLY ANY OF THE PREVIOUS 44 were president, and they would ALL be run out on a rail. This won't affect DJT or anyone in his administration because he's figured out how to survive. If he has so many scandals and fuckups we can't keep up, we can't possibly kick him out because we can't even get our thoughts together in order to get rid of him before more poo poo comes out.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

orange juche posted:

There are 6 major ones, and one intersection has 3 of them coming together in a massive pile of gently caress.

If you're curious there are 71 "Peachtree Street"s in Atlanta.

I hit that loving intersection 2 weeks after getting my license shortly after my GPS had gone batshit (probably because of all the loving peachtree streets). I was never a fan of Atlanta, but that day cemented my utter hatred for it forever.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

I mean seriously I read this and imagine the possible reaction if Obama were still president or hell really if LITERALLY ANY OF THE PREVIOUS 44 were president, and they would ALL be run out on a rail. This won't affect DJT or anyone in his administration because he's figured out how to survive. If he has so many scandals and fuckups we can't keep up, we can't possibly kick him out because we can't even get our thoughts together in order to get rid of him before more poo poo comes out.

It really bothers me how incredibly accurate this actually is.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

Considering those + Russia are the issues of the day, welcome to the party

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Christie is auditioning for a spot as a morning zoo shock jock. Somebody called in and made fun of him for Beachgate so Christie called him a communist and a bum. This is just stupid enough to work out for him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Bannon and Kushner didn't want the military to send more troops to Afghanistan. So, they talked to the owner of DynCorp and the founder of Blackwater to come up with a plan: contractors!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/world/asia/trump-afghanistan-policy-erik-prince-stephen-feinberg.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s advisers recruited two businessmen who profited from military contracting to devise alternatives to the Pentagon’s plan to send thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan, reflecting the Trump administration’s struggle to define its strategy for dealing with a war now 16 years old.

Erik D. Prince, a founder of the private security firm Blackwater Worldwide, and Stephen A. Feinberg, a billionaire financier who owns the giant military contractor DynCorp International, have discussed their proposals to rely on contractors instead of American troops in Afghanistan with both Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist, and Jared Kushner, his senior adviser and son-in-law, according to people briefed on the conversations.

On Saturday morning, Mr. Bannon sought out Defense Secretary Jim Mattis at the Pentagon to try to get a hearing for their ideas, an American official said. Mr. Mattis listened politely but declined to include the outside strategies in a review of Afghanistan policy that he is leading along with the national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster.

And looks like 16 total dead in that C-130 crash in Mississippi.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/884605251973730304

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
DynCorp and blackwater seem like some serious trash at the management level. Not going to comment about the quality of contractors, there are goons among them and some of them, I assume, are good people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm assuming they use various levels of mercenaries.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Security contractors are really just a polite word for mercenaries, pretty much.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Mercenaries kill the bad guys iirc, Security contractors are the ones who rape and murder civilians too

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

God I love it when Trump tells it how it is.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884374529660903424

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884378624660582405

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884361623514656769

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Hot take: I don't think it was classified and I doubt it was illegal. Pretty sure Comey was an ADC anyway, so the only way they could be classified was if Don decided it was classified after they were published.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Doesn't Chelsea Clinton have a ph d in international relations, which would make her at least somewhat qualified to be at the table?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Has Trump ever actually responded to Comey saying under oath that he's lying to the American people?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If we start using mercenaries in large numbers again maybe Rrail can move out from underneath the overpass.

FrozenVent posted:

Doesn't Chelsea Clinton have a ph d in international relations, which would make her at least somewhat qualified to be at the table?
From Oxford. My only real reservation about her is that she once counted Ivanka as a friend which puts some pretty serious doubts about her judgement on the table.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Shamelessly cross- postin'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/tvietor08/status/884616726754676736

Onion or not the onion? junior violated the hatch act

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Casimir Radon posted:

If we start using mercenaries in large numbers again maybe Rrail can move out from underneath the overpass.

From Oxford. My only real reservation about her is that she once counted Ivanka as a friend which puts some pretty serious doubts about her judgement on the table.

Idiot friends are always good for a laugh.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Casimir Radon posted:

My grandparents had friends who were friends with Ivanka. Up until 2014 or so she was, apparently, a pretty bog standard new york elite limousine liberal, and if we're excluding limousine liberals then there goes half of elected democratic officials.

If anything Chelsea seems a bit more genuine about it, though like her mother there's something vaguely repelling about her. Tragedy of the Clinton name I suppose.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

https://twitter.com/tvietor08/status/884616726754676736

Onion or not the onion? junior violated the hatch act

Dad'll just pardon him, nothing matters.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

You never hung out with some rich idiots just so you could enjoy all of their parents' cool poo poo?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

nothing matters.

shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

shut the gently caress up

I get it that nothing matters is the meme but I'm just pessimistic as gently caress after witnessing the endless clusterfuck that ended with DJT in office.

• Locked thread