Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Shaggar posted:

latex is bad and inferior to word in every single way.

Lol at typesetting equations in word

Just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

curufinor posted:

Lol at typesetting equations in word

Just lol

surface stuff with a stylus is p. nice

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
America is a poo poo heap in the middle. Nebraska lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

America is a poo poo heap in the middle. Nebraska lmao

Nebraska's moto should be:

"Nebraska: At least we aren't Iowa"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
this hotels cable box is programmed in java. i know because it booted up the Java sdk after I power cycled it for losing signal. lol

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

MononcQc posted:

surface stuff with a stylus is p. nice

yo that's pretty g drat impressive i must say. it even recognizes your properly crossed z! and your hosed up psis!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

JewKiller 3000 posted:

yo that's pretty g drat impressive i must say. it even recognizes your properly crossed z! and your hosed up psis!

I got it on google I haven't tried it for myself, but my windows work computer is a surface book and it is doing pretty drat well at some forms of text recognition. Like I can honestly say that for note taking, one note has exceeded my expectations in pretty much all the ways. text + media + drawing + text recognition + whatever the gently caress you want on infinite pages. It's pretty good. Like I'd consider buying a personal one in the future if it were not about the abysmal terminal situation on there.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
also iowa at least has dubuque. nebraska was just bugs and poverty.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
more like

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
or perhaps

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FMguru posted:

or perhaps

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MononcQc posted:

I got it on google I haven't tried it for myself, but my windows work computer is a surface book and it is doing pretty drat well at some forms of text recognition. Like I can honestly say that for note taking, one note has exceeded my expectations in pretty much all the ways. text + media + drawing + text recognition + whatever the gently caress you want on infinite pages. It's pretty good. Like I'd consider buying a personal one in the future if it were not about the abysmal terminal situation on there.

windows handwriting recognition is black magic

also if u need a shell you are doing something wrong.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

MononcQc posted:

it has loonix subsystem now so all is well

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

ratbert90 posted:

Lmao as soon as I updated my resume on indeed and linkedin I started getting recruiter calls. 4 calls in a single day.
Linked In has some sort of system for detecting if it thinks you are looking for a job. They then show you to recruiters more often, especially those looking for paid leads. I'm sure updating your resume counts.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
also there is an 'I'm looking for a job' tickbox you can flag that recruiters see:)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Munkeymon posted:

it has loonix subsystem now so all is well

the cmd terminal is garbage compared to e.g. iterm

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I use ConEmu but it chokes on vertical splits like an idiot

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

MononcQc posted:

I use ConEmu but it chokes on vertical splits like an idiot

yeah it's so close to being good but at least manages to be better than good enough for 1985

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ratbert90 posted:

Lmao as soon as I updated my resume on indeed and linkedin I started getting recruiter calls. 4 calls in a single day.

your mistake was making your phone number available

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

I'm actively looking, so not a big deal.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ratbert90 posted:

I'm actively looking, so not a big deal.

the problem is they don't stop when you're not actively looking. enjoy your 4 calls a day mostly by idiots asking if you'd like lovely contract position #4554323 for the rest of your life!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

AnoHito posted:

the problem is they don't stop when you're not actively looking. enjoy your 4 calls a day mostly by idiots asking if you'd like lovely contract position #4554323 for the rest of your life!

Eh, I can deal. When I am not looking I just block the numbers.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I have a google voice number that is just a pit that receives recruiter voicemails

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I just received an email for ' Very exclusive requirement of Sr. Web Site Developer @ Englewood, CO/ Lafayette LA'. PM me for the details. Very exclusive requirement.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
that's the absolute worst thing about google fi, I had to give up my google voice number that I put on my resume :smith:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bhodi posted:

that's the absolute worst thing about google fi, I had to give up my google voice number that I put on my resume :smith:

actually the absolute worst thing about google fi is android

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mishaq posted:

actually the absolute worst thing about google fi is google

FTFY

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

It's me, the guy replacing the word "Engineer" or "Developer" with "Magician" in job listings.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's me, the guy replacing the word "Engineer" or "Developer" with "Magician" in job listings.

Looking for a ROCKSTAR developer to work at our AWESOME offices. To apply, email your totally rad resume, cover letter, and a picture of a cat wearing a hat. Applications without these items will not be considered.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

qhat posted:

Looking for a ROCKSTAR developer to work at our AWESOME offices. To apply, email your totally rad resume, cover letter, and a picture of a cat wearing a hat. Applications without these items will not be considered.

You should not apply if money is important to you and if you have a family of any kind.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

qhat posted:

I think these jobs are specifically posted like this to prevent people from actually applying because the job doesn't exist. They're actually just a covert way to hide keywords for a sleeper agent to read and be activated.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there are postings like this. it's for foreign workers, which are not supposed to be displacing qualified Americans. they construct the most precise, detailed role description they can that matches no one except the foreigner they've already lined up for the job

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i'm the guy who puts "guru" after the one thing he's good at

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

RISCy Business posted:

:negative:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

:vince:

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RISCy Business posted:

:perfect:

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

The Management posted:

there are postings like this. it's for foreign workers, which are not supposed to be displacing qualified Americans. they construct the most precise, detailed role description they can that matches no one except the foreigner they've already lined up for the job

I once saw a job posting for a quantitative trader at a major investment bank in the back pages of the free newspaper in between all the ads for housecleaners and security guards and was like, this has to be an immigration thing

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It's funny how the interviews you always feel you nailed you get rejected on, but the ones you think you sucked on are the ones you succeed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

qhat posted:

It's funny how the interviews you always feel you nailed you get rejected on, but the ones you think you sucked on are the ones you succeed in.

hosed up, and also true

• Locked thread