Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Zzulu posted:

name one comic that is good, i dare you

Far side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Lego Batman are my two favourites this year

Watched this the other day and found it impossible to explain the plot to my friend without it sounding like a fever dream.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the current flintstones comic is very good

it discusses the war of genocide barney and fred waged while in the army against the neanderthal residents of bedrock, and how veterans of that war want to kill themselves on the reg

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

the current flintstones comic is very good

Of all the weird things going on in the world, the new Flinstones comic is my favorite.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Of all the weird things going on in the world, the new Flinstones comic is my favorite.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
it's also explicitly anticapitalist which is pretty surprising from a nostalgia cash in

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Comics are garbage trash

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Comics are garbage trash

so are films, youtubes

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
When are they gonna make a strong female super hero whose costume is a bit of scotch tape over her pee hole + b hole?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a star war betamax posted:

When are they gonna make a strong female super hero whose costume is a bit of scotch tape over her pee hole + b hole?

I can't relate to that. Have her fall in love with a fat nerd with no higher education than highschool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My buddie have you seen the cinematic output of Japan

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

soon hopefully

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i mean

ye gods, how barbaric to even suggest such a thing

may god have mercy on your soul

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Vidiot posted:

A hot take!

But really yeah, Westworld was totally fine. I just think it went way, way up its own rear end but I'd expect nothing less from the creator of L O S T. I'm expecting the second season to go so off the rails it just gets loving canceled mid-season.

The hack fraud didn't make it, he helped get it green-lit and that was that. It was the other :nolan: all the way. If it was JJ it would have been incomprehensible like everything else he makes. He also produced Person of Interest which is a great series despite how much the network hosed with it. He does have an eye as to what to help green-light but it looks like he has finally got into his head that he is terrible otherwise and needs to keep his leper hands off the projects.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Why is the top of her underwear flip over like that. Also how often do women willing dress up like that and go to conventions

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zzulu posted:

name one comic that is good, i dare you

Asterix is good.

e: at least the old ones before Goscinny went and died.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 11, 2017

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

trap sprung comic book nerds spotted. great job everyone

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i think i can hear rich evans' labored breathing through out this new prerec

HE'S NOT EVEN THAT FAT

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He is super fat

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"he's not that fat" :gonk:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
A century ago hed be earning a meager living as the least popular exhibit in a traveling freak show

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

The Far Side is a comic strip, not a comic. :colbert:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

"he's not that fat" :gonk:
what is he like 220

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

what is he like 220

More like 250, I reckon.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I estimate 250 but at 5'2".... Barely 3 inches taller than Jay..... That many lbs is not a good loom

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Relin posted:

i think i can hear rich evans' labored breathing through out this new prerec

HE'S NOT EVEN THAT FAT

American spotted

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He's Midwestern fat, which is American obese, and morbidly obese to the rest of the world.

Mike is Midwestern average.

Jay, of course, is the hottest twink in Milwaukee.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

A century ago hed be earning a meager living as the least popular exhibit in a traveling freak show

today we have josh for that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They could at least teach everyone in RLM how to use a camera. I'm not mentioning anyone in particular but the camera work in the best of the worst openings is atrocious.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It looks like it'd be really painful and exhausting and miserable to inhabit Josh's body. Just an overall suffering really

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

It looks like it'd be really painful and exhausting and miserable to inhabit Josh's body. Just an overall suffering really

"I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
WAIT WHAT THE FLINTSTONES COMIC BOOK IS LEGIT A THING AND IT'S GOOD?!?!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Veskit posted:

WAIT WHAT THE FLINTSTONES COMIC BOOK IS LEGIT A THING AND IT'S GOOD?!?!

Don't be surprised

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Game of the decade gets a PreRec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBt7C8m7LA

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Not only am I surprised it exists, but that anyone has ever heard of it. What channels exactly do you hear about a new Flintstones comic book? Like are there Flintstones enthusiasts websites where these things are announced and discussed?

Also lol at the edgy PTSD story in this comic book featuring 60s cartoon characters who used to sell cigarettes. I can't wait for the followup where Shaggy goes through detox and doesn't understand why Scooby can't talk anymore.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

counterfeitsaint posted:

Not only am I surprised it exists, but that anyone has ever heard of it. What channels exactly do you hear about a new Flintstones comic book? Like are there Flintstones enthusiasts websites where these things are announced and discussed?

Comic book channels. I heard about the Wacky Races Mad Max comics before I heard about the Flintstones Mad Men comics. The Royal Order of the Water Buffaloes are a veteran group and they have to deal with the trauma of killing the Tree People who died from a forest fire they caused. "They don't know what fire is!" Bam Bam is a war orphan adopted by Barney. This is all coming at a time when Slate is trying to bring in Neanderthal workers at the quarry. It's fuckin' hilarious.

vermin fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 11, 2017

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
That sounds really cool and good where can I torrent it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Game rules, and you know what?

PreRec rules too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also lol at the edgy PTSD story in this comic book featuring 60s cartoon characters who used to sell cigarettes. I can't wait for the followup where Shaggy goes through detox and doesn't understand why Scooby can't talk anymore.

e: also PUBG is better than friday the 13th and fills the same niche

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 11, 2017

• Locked thread