Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

I miss dis gai

Not as badly as that Iraqi reporter, but still. dis gai? is the missedest gai.

pls honey no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama too, but if it's gotta be a publican, dis gai is a better choice than Donald J Trump, who isn't even a Republican, but a Narcissusian Kleptocrat.

Melted_Igloo
Nov 26, 2007
Is now the time to start talking about potential Mike Pence as President and what he would do?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Melted_Igloo posted:

Is now the time to start talking about potential Mike Pence as President and what he would do?

We've been talking about that since he chose Pence as his running mate, mate, where you been?

Short answer: Buckle up, gays!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Melted_Igloo posted:

People have been talking about this the entire time, and it's now a rather boring topic of conversation.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I'm still honestly impressed at his shoe-dodging skills.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Chilichimp posted:

I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama too,
No.

Chilichimp posted:

but if it's gotta be a publican, dis gai is a better choice than Donald J Trump
No.

Chilichimp posted:

who isn't even a Republican, but a Narcissusian Kleptocrat.
No.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama too, but if it's gotta be a publican, dis gai is a better choice than Donald J Trump, who isn't even a Republican, but a Narcissusian Kleptocrat.

no, mate. he killed over a million people, presided over a global financial collapse which has doomed much of the world to crushing austerity politics, and allowed the Middle East to become an incubator for new and even more ambitious extremist groups.

please no rehabilitation for war criminals, every day that GWB is not being Ceausescu'ed is a travesty

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
As a non-american I can at least appreciate Bush's honest interest in doing well for America, even if he was a poo poo president.

Trump just assumes success comes with the name and fails to realize how fragile a state your country was actually in, after 9/11 and the damage done by Bush in the aftermath.

You really deserved better than anything you got.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mordaedil posted:

You really deserved better than anything you got.

America seems to be about 1/3 decent and well-meaning people, 1/3 apathetic goons, and 1/3 hateful idiots. My ratios might be a little off, but it's hard to see how America is especially "deserving" of anything, no matter how much we would like it to be so

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

WeAreTheRomans posted:

America seems to be about 1/3 decent and well-meaning people, 1/3 apathetic goons, and 1/3 hateful idiots. My ratios might be a little off, but it's hard to see how America is especially "deserving" of anything, no matter how much we would like it to be so

IMO, the "most people don't mean to do evil" rule comes into play here. Most of the third group really do believe that they are doing the best for the country, it's just that they have been hammered with so much propaganda over the decades that it's become a self-fulfilling cycle of madness.

Now that "fake News" is a thing it had become 10x worse, but this poo poo started forever ago. Fox News will always suck up to any Republican, and if that means that they are giving a platform to Stormfront types then they will.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

no, mate. he killed over a million people, presided over a global financial collapse which has doomed much of the world to crushing austerity politics, and allowed the Middle East to become an incubator for new and even more ambitious extremist groups.

please no rehabilitation for war criminals, every day that GWB is not being Ceausescu'ed is a travesty

Imagine Trump's response to 9/11.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trump now tweeting he is working hard to bring the Olympics to the USA. I bet he actually cares about this one because if he brought the Olympics here he would see it as a huge middle finger to Obama.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

We don't have to.

He called in to the news to brag about having the tallest building in manhattan, then lied about helping in the cleanup efforts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Trump now tweeting he is working hard to bring the Olympics to the USA. I bet he actually cares about this one because if he brought the Olympics here he would see it as a huge middle finger to Obama.

Yes when i'm being investigated for corruption and bribery i too want to get involved in the olympics

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Kaisch's guys being salty is relentlessly funny:

https://twitter.com/JWGOP/status/884738228598833154

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

We don't have to.

He called in to the news to brag about having the tallest building in manhattan, then lied about helping in the cleanup efforts.

I meant as president, but this works

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Seeing that the Olympics is generally a massive financial loss for the host country but is good for their image it fits in perfectly with his plans.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

I have no doubt Trump will be, or at least has the potential to be, a much greater evil in the eyes of history. But you getting all :swoon: over loving Dubya makes me wonder what kind of grasp you have on recent political history, or maybe how little you give a poo poo about dead people when they're brown and over there. kindly gently caress off with these justifications

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, Bush's response to 9/11 was really bad and pretty unarguably ushered in the era we're suffering through now.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Seeing that the Olympics is generally a massive financial loss for the host country but is good for their image it fits in perfectly with his plans.

this wasn't true of the LA olympics

http://gizmodo.com/how-l-a-s-1984-summer-olympics-became-the-most-success-1516228102

You should listen to the Pod Save America interview a couple months back with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, where he talks about his ambitions for the Olympics in 2028, and the long-lasting cultural impact of '84 (the Williams Sisters, etc)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I guess its too soon to joke about bush in d&d

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

I guess its too soon to joke about bush in d&d

Maybe next time include a funny part so it's clear you're making a joke and not just doing pro bono PR for a mass-murderer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WeAreTheRomans posted:

this wasn't true of the LA olympics

http://gizmodo.com/how-l-a-s-1984-summer-olympics-became-the-most-success-1516228102

You should listen to the Pod Save America interview a couple months back with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, where he talks about his ambitions for the Olympics in 2028, and the long-lasting cultural impact of '84 (the Williams Sisters, etc)

LA was the last one where they used existing infrastructure.

96 started the whole "we'll build literally anything you want just have them here. Also here's a few suitcases full of unsequential bills."

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

96 started the whole "we'll build literally anything you want just have them here. Also here's a few suitcases full of unsequential bills."

yeah they talk about that in the interview, and in that article. It definitely is a key element to a successful Games, not the Brazilian/British model of "build a bunch of loving useless and unsuitable stadia and figure out a use for them later"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

SLC would still be a mormon hellpit if it weren't for 2002

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Maybe next time include a funny part so it's clear you're making a joke and not just doing pro bono PR for a mass-murderer.

Sorry but watching W dodge a shoe will always be fun.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Melted_Igloo posted:

Pence is in this poo poo too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Prestige is a commodity like anything else. Spending some money on the Olympics to buy some ain't a terrible deal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

fuckin' atlanta

edit:

the Ocoee kayaking thing is p rad tho

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So can we start saying EMAILS about Don Jr now

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So can we start saying EMAILS about Don Jr now

no, there is an implied layer of bullshit in that, and Don junior is an actual criminal

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
This guy sums things up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT3gVZS6Eq0

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Part of me wishes I could time travel back to Fall of 2003 and try to explain how a decade after 2008 there's going to be someone in the White House so terrible that, noted moron and war criminal, George W. Bush, will seem like a paragon of competence, virtue, and intelligence by comparison.

The entire Bush administration should be in jail for war crimes and grave human rights abuses, but the horrible thing is that I can at least concede, in their own twisted and evil way, that the neocons believed they were doing the right thing for America. Even if that right thing was lining the pockets of private corporations at the expense of over a million innocent lives.

Trump doesn't even give a poo poo about America. He's a fascistic nihilist whose entire policy is centered solely on his own personal profit and petty vengeance. He has utterly betrayed any foreign policy interests for his own immeadiate satisfaction and to pay off his Russian masters. So far the only asterisk I can even put on this statement is that one time he tried to chase someone's hat that blew away. I think the worst thing about all of this has just been watching the insane performative acts devoted to normalizing and excusing his insane death cult to the culture at large.

On the other hand I adopted a pair of kittens and started gardening as a hobby this month, so I'm beginning to feel better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God Trump's Twitter is hilarious this morning, he's tweeted about five or six different topics already, it's the least subtle attempt to change the subject ever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

this made the rounds here already, but you're not wrong.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
We may have found the distraction:

https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/884747876391407616
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884750055776948225

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I thought he was killed like six or seven times

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa