Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

You know that if you go lower than .200 you are jumpstarting, right?

Checkmate :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Just FYI that test is going to be heavily influenced by what device you're viewing it on and how you're providing input. On my phone (OnePlus 3) i couldn't go lower than 0.3 without cheating, on my laptop i was able to consistently get ~0.26 on my external monitor, ~0.23 on the laptop monitor.

Still made me feel slow :(

Brownie fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 11, 2017

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Verstappen "losing confidence" in Red Bull situation

motorsport.com posted:

Max Verstappen has admitted that he is starting to lose confidence with the situation at Red Bull following his third retirement in a row at the Red Bull Ring.

The Dutchman suffered a clutch problem at the start of the Austrian Grand Prix before being eliminated in a first-corner collision to further compound a miserable run of form.

But facing up to the prospect of a dire run of failures that have derailed his campaign, he says he is starting to lose faith that things will turn around.

When asked how he felt after the race, Verstappen said: “I actually was reasonably calm. But it’s very disappointing of course, what happened. This way you lose confidence. Not in myself, but in the whole thing I mean, if it keeps on happening.”

Pushed to clarify in what exactly he was losing confidence, he said: "Just the whole situation at the moment. I think that’s pretty logical.

"This needs to stop at some point. I know they always do their very best. Also, it's constantly something else, so you can’t fix it really, because every time it’s something else.”

Crash irrelevant

Although Verstappen's fate was sealed when he was collected by Fernando Alonso after the Spaniard had been hit by Daniil Kvyat, the Dutchman thinks the earlier clutch issue would have forced him out anyway.

“I already had clutch problems at the start," he explained. "During the formation lap I already noticed that something was wrong. When I left the grid the car was shaking tremendously, so that wasn’t good.

"With the actual start, when you go towards the bite point, the clutch started to oscillate, to vibrate, to put it simply. Then the car went into anti-stall, but presumably something already was broken by then and started leaking. So I never would have made it to the finish.

"If it’s starting to slip and to leak and everything, then it’s game over.”

Apologies

Verstappen said that team chiefs Christian Horner and Helmut Marko did apologise to him for his latest problem, but admitted words mean little in a situation like this.

"I think they have never experienced so many DNF’s before," he said. "I think this normally happens over three or four seasons, maximum.

“What can I say? 'Sorry' doesn’t get me anywhere. Since Monaco I have scored zero points.”

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

aequalis posted:

Glad I'm not cool or popular enough to warrant somebody buying me an Av, right guys? heh heh heh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Now im under FIA investigation but i drive for mercedes so nothing its going to happen to me

+crashes into kimi in the first corner

Valtteri Bottas: the face of autism

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Max should come to Ferrari after Kimi finally loses his poo poo and drives directly in to Bottas's garage so that everyone can have a meltdown when he and Seb are crowned dual world champions for 6 seasons straight.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also Bottas owns, consider me a total convert.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I did the Bottas

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Gigi Galli posted:

Also Bottas owns, consider me a total convert.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen you post

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Norns posted:

Clearly you don't follow football.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gigi Galli posted:

Clearly you don't follow football.

You must be a Patriots fan

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

iospace posted:

You must be a Patriots fan

He is talking about actual football

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

oliwan posted:

Did I stutter? :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Did I stutter? :colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

oliwan posted:

The one where the players jerk each other off in the showers live on Facebook?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gigi pls ban all this filth

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's the one

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What the actual gently caress

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GramCracker posted:

nice homophobia

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GramCracker posted:

Lower league South American team, I think

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Don't kink shame on something awful dot com

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

This post combined with that av owns so loving hard.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey so

https://twitter.com/thebuxtonblog/status/884776273083592704

Looks like Honda might be done. Although I can't read German so I dunno

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hey so

Looks more like Sauber is done to me if that's the case.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hey so

As per Google Translate:

quote:

Pat the rear end of the driver's camp: As AUTO BILD MOTORSPORT from the surrounding area of McLaren learned, Honda has resolved the contract with the Sauber team again. It was not until the end of April that the cooperation was announced from the coming season. Now again the Aus.

Wehrlein
Honda had signed the contract with Monisha Kaltenborn
Reason for the sudden termination of the contract: According to rumors Honda is dissatisfied with the personal roaches of the Swiss team. The contract for a three-year intensive cooperation was still negotiated by Monisha Kaltenborn. The Honda bosses had high hopes in the Austrian who saved Sauber from the break. But Sauber and Kaltenborn separated almost four weeks ago. Already there was to hear how disappointed Honda was about the development.
Comment on Kaltenborn-Aus: Formula 1 loses a hanger

This means that Sauber is currently without a motor for the coming year - and above all without the factory support that the Japanese wanted to grant to the Swiss team. The most likely solution is to remain as a customer at Ferrari .

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bold isn't the best German publication. If it came out of AMuS it would have a bit more weight to it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh ok, I don't like the new roaches either

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Honda is pulling out because Monisha is gone. That's the short version of that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also Roaches.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And Silverstone is gone after 2019: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/british-grand-prix-silverstone-929424/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's no way this sticks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe the new Chinese team, new Italian team, Sauber, and McLaren can all team up together and build an engine for their cars.

Get McLaren to do the electrical, The Italians to do the engine, Sauber to do the turbo and the Chinese to build it.

We could have the biggest fire anyone has ever seen!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

Maybe the new Chinese team, new Italian team, Sauber, and McLaren can all team up together and build an engine for their cars.

Get McLaren to do the electrical, The Italians to do the engine, Sauber to do the turbo and the Chinese to build it.

We could have the biggest fire anyone has ever seen!

The turbo would just continuously shoot fire

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a roughly 100% chance Liberty cave and give them a better deal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Norns posted:

The turbo would just continuously shoot fire

"actually that's just the anti lag"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Silverstone is a flat piece of poo poo with one semi challenging off camber corner. It should die. But it won't.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

njsykora posted:

There's a roughly 100% chance Liberty cave and give them a better deal.

Yuuuup. Bernie would go "Oh, I'm going to take my ball and go elsewhere!" Liberty, not so much.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Silverstone goes there will be another track in England/Britain immediately put in. Would be ridiculous not to have a race there, from a financial standpoint alone.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress england.

Isle of man GP, 5 laps. Solves the problem with frauds and lapped traffic all in one go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Silverstone is a flat piece of poo poo with one semi challenging off camber corner. It should die. But it won't.

Silverstone is an absolute blast to drive in a fast car. Brands is a better circuit though.

• Locked thread