Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Don't focus too much on loot. I just chicken dinnered with a bare UMP shooting only hip-fire. I ended up looting an AK off the 3rd or 4th to last guy I killed then used that and his 4x to kill the last person. Positioning and timely aggressiveness are ten times more important.

Shout out to Peavs for many hours of quality duos last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

willroc7 posted:

Don't focus too much on loot. I just chicken dinnered with a bare UMP shooting only hip-fire. I ended up looting an AK off the 3rd or 4th to last guy I killed then used that and his 4x to kill the last person. Positioning and timely aggressiveness are ten times more important.

Shout out to Peavs for many hours of quality duos last night.

I should start streaming our duos because we routinely make top 10 with like 10+ kills between us.

also #1 goon tip: aim you're gun

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Good think I think you went afk when I camped a hill and tried to snipe with the M249. I think I put ~200 rounds in the dirt.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Patch nooooootes http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1437062253017706173

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thanks whoever linked chocoTaco's stream the other day. Been enjoying learning from him. It's a nice change of pace from the likes of summit and grimmz. Dude is chill as gently caress and not trying to put on a show for everyone. Just quietly grinding his way into the NA top 10 by killing mans all day. Does a good job explaining what he is doing and why, too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The M249 is a garbage gun and every time it drops I immediately regret taking it over something more reasonable when I go up against a guy with a SCAR and get immediately wrecked.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

How would you guys feel about events? The airdrops already sort of fit in that category, but I wouldn't mind having a few more things that cause players to converge on a single location for one reason or another (other than the blue zone, obviously).

Like, maybe have a "gold circle" or something that has higher loot drops for five minutes at a time?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

How would you guys feel about events? The airdrops already sort of fit in that category, but I wouldn't mind having a few more things that cause players to converge on a single location for one reason or another (other than the blue zone, obviously).

Like, maybe have a "gold circle" or something that has higher loot drops for five minutes at a time?

thats what airdrops are

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

PantsBandit posted:

I like the event "gunfire over there" and the reward: their stuff

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

thats what airdrops are

Nice reading comprehension, bud.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Removing firing from cars underwater in the patch notes. Booo hisss

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Make the circle permeable for a few minutes when it spawns, and then lock it. Winner of that circle gets exclusive fingered gloves.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Nice reading comprehension, bud.

I think he comprehended it just fine. It's just the idea is terrible and was terrible when it was part of noted terrible game: the Culling.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I think he comprehended it just fine. It's just the idea is terrible and was terrible when it was part of noted terrible game: the Culling.

Well the original post was specifically asking opinions on events beyond airdrops so the answer "airdrops" seems to indicate a lack of understanding.

"It's a terrible idea" at least answers the question so your post is automatically less dumb.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Also The Culling was terrible for about a thousand reasons beyond the events, so I don't know that we necessarily need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't see anything wrong with expanding the airdrop functionality but with different aesthetics and some gimmicks, like a dynamic helicopter\plane crash, maybe an armored AI controlled vehicle that spawns at some point and is pretty hard to take out but if you do you get an armored car + some premium loot, etc. Same end results, different tactics and player dynamics.

A humvee with a mounted turret might be pretty fun in squad games.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Give airdrops a 0.01% chance of spawning an APC w/ AI turrets on every side. Replace all the other airdrop guns w/ rocket launchers.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Also give every rocket a unique serial number, fully beveled.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
drat, you're really lonely Bobbin Threadbear aren't you?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

drat, you're really lonely Bobbin Threadbear aren't you?

He's been exposed as a troll, so he's trying to flame out. It's kinda sad to watch.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

PantsBandit posted:

Well the original post was specifically asking opinions on events beyond airdrops so the answer "airdrops" seems to indicate a lack of understanding.

"It's a terrible idea" at least answers the question so your post is automatically less dumb.

He was saying "There's better loot in this area for the first person/people to arrive!" is describing airdrops. I also don't think it would be feasible since all loot is spawned on loading, isn't it?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't see anything wrong with expanding the airdrop functionality but with different aesthetics and some gimmicks, like a dynamic helicopter\plane crash, maybe an armored AI controlled vehicle that spawns at some point and is pretty hard to take out but if you do you get an armored car + some premium loot, etc. Same end results, different tactics and player dynamics.

A humvee with a mounted turret might be pretty fun in squad games.

I mean I'd love for this game to include technicals and humvees, but you'd pretty much also have to include IEDs (and maybe even svbieds tbh) and there are about a million reasons why that's not going to happen.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I want bicycles

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

He was saying "There's better loot in this area for the first person/people to arrive!" is describing airdrops. I also don't think it would be feasible since all loot is spawned on loading, isn't it?

He would be wrong if that's what he's saying though. Airdrops give one or two major items that can't be found elsewhere to the first ones to arrive. Either multiple groups get there at the same time and there's a scuffle, or one group gets there first, grabs the stuff, and gets the hell out of dodge. What I'm proposing is a sustained zone with good gear (but not crate gear). It would be like landing at military base but could happen whenever.

And yeah loot does spawn at load, so it wouldn't be possible currently. Just an idea.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I think a basic pick up with MG on the back would be a neat air drop and not very over powered because itd be fairly easy to shoot the dude in the back on the gun

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Hamelekim posted:

Check the number in the bottom right on the helmet. Same as backpack and belt. It has a value for storage.

are we back to #fakenews about inventory space?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo my shoes have inventory space too holy poo poo I've been nerfing myself by going barefoot all this time

also lol at anyone who thinks you need more than the level 1 backpack 90% of the time anyways

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

holy poo poo my shoes have inventory space too holy poo poo I've been nerfing myself by going barefoot all this time

also lol at anyone who thinks you need more than the level 1 backpack 90% of the time anyways

How am I supposed to fit seventeen assorted attachments and every bit of ammo I see if I don't have an l3 backpack?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Same but level 2 backpack.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
We were the last two people alive at the school. He knew I was in this hallway, I knew he was on the roof. The only difference between he and I is that I actually have the discipline to chill out for a bit: https://streamable.com/abf4q

And this dude must have been armored to hell with a good supply of meds because it took 5 Kar rounds, two assault rifle, and wall damage to finally bring his rear end down: https://streamable.com/hirf4

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won't be zooming in when revived
:woop:

I had gotten accustomed to de-zooming but it was still stupid as heck.

quote:

Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open
So that is what triggered it. loving hell that was annoying.

"easy fix" wishlist for next patch:
  • remove stupid burst mode from SMGs (or make it a 3-shot burst)
  • default all non-M16 ARs to full-auto

TIA

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

No Safe Word posted:

Haha absolutely not.

e: "Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically" :smugwizard:

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

the next crate only drop should be a pogo stick. you can only use a pistol while mounted tho, for balance purposes!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

No Safe Word posted:

hmmm, no

ThePeavstenator posted:

also #1 goon tip: aim you're gun

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

"easy fix" wishlist for next patch:
  • remove stupid burst mode from SMGs (or make it a 3-shot burst)

TIA

Remove semi auto mode from the Uzi

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I dislike the AKM for the most part.
Without a comp the thing just sprays.
But if you get a 4x on it, it makes a good makeshift sharpshooter. Just never fire it on Auto.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

5.56 is the superior projectile, no doubt. God's one true round.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

willroc7 posted:

5.56 is the superior projectile, no doubt. God's one true round.

if it don't fit into the Kar98, it aint that great

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Clothes doesn't add carrying capacity except for the utility belt, sorry bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Captain Gordon posted:

Clothes doesn't add carrying capacity except for the utility belt, sorry bud

That's why it's all I wear. The rest are extravagances for nancy boys.

• Locked thread