Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Are we still talking about DaybyDay, I have something I've wanted to mention: a few months back I checked out the site to see Muir's reaction to Trump winning, and it was an OccupyWallStreet-style cartoon about Hillary plotting with the richest 1% to enrich them on the backs of the American worker.

I was flabbergasted, because when I originally started reading these threads back in 2012, my introduction to dbd were screed after screed lambasting Occupy as a bunch of bitter whining commie losers who committed the most grievous of since: insufficient servility to the rich (pbuh), our social and moral betters as proven by their net worth.

It's almost like he's a disingenuous fascist.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys i think im going to kill branco

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Streak posted:

So much for the tolerant left.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Streak posted:

That would be a massive overreaction, you don't amputate your foot because you stepped on a turd (which Branco is)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Streak posted:

don't touch kill the poop

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Streak posted:

His heart will do that soon enough.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

This reporter is so Allie in style I keep expecting Madigan to show up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trazz posted:

His heart will do that soon enough.

What heart?

Seriously though, don't do murder to people. That's a very bad idea.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh boy the timing on these two...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I hate how evil our republicans are that it makes other countries conservative leaders look progressive in comparison

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Wow, didn't expect to see the duck taking on Milo.

Yes, the good old days.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Streak posted:

Wear a shirt that says "I heart Ice Cream" when you do.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Kinda sexist actually. Men are unmanly and henpecked for being involved fathers?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

Kinda sexist actually. Men are unmanly and henpecked for being involved fathers?

Yeah, but also:If you ask two people you don't know a rude and bigoted question, don't expect a polite answer.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I'm with BarbarianElephant here; that one's super dumb and somehow all three speaking characters feel like a strawman

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

Since when is "ignoring your pregnant wife as she does all the heavy lifting so you can leer at a lesbian couple" the same as "being an involved father"? This isn't Dustin here.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^^ Yeah, pregnant lady deserves to be grumpy: she is so pregnant that she can barely walk, and her husband is being unhelpful.

Jedit posted:

It should further be repeated forever that Dubya didn't even fulfil his duties in the Air National Guard. He didn't meet the requirements of service in 1972 and 1973, requested early discharge towards the end of 1973 and didn't get it, and AIUI effectively deserted at that point.

Right, he used Daddy's connections to get an extra posh post, and then couldn't even be bothered to show up. If he hadn't been who he was, he would have spent a long time in the brig.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Zelda is a political cartoon? How?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Lina Neidestam posted:

Zelda is grown up in the same culture as everyone else, so she has many demons she has to deal with before she can start living as she wants.
The series is a little about how her good intentions collide with reality. That's what I think will be the best humor. I could not make a series about a character that was always smart and said cool things. The series may be a bit like this, but I can not just do that. One must challenge the characters and they must have bad sides too.[...]If it had just focused on "It's wrong to eat meat," "Feminism is the best," "War is bad," it would have become a rather uninteresting series. Even if those things are true, it does not mean that its automatically good humor.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

Since when is "ignoring your pregnant wife as she does all the heavy lifting so you can leer at a lesbian couple" the same as "being an involved father"? This isn't Dustin here.

All 4 characters are the strawmaniest of strawmen. It's a terrible strip.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Alhazred, since people are bitching about Zelda you should totally translate and post todays Nemi. it's political. :q:

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The answer is it isn't but several people like it, so we have to deal I guess. It's CAD for Nordic Feminists.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stevoblunt posted:

All 4 characters are the strawmaniest of strawmen. It's a terrible strip.

Nah, the one who doesn't talk seems pretty well-written

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

achillesforever6 posted:

I hate how evil our republicans are that it makes other countries conservative leaders look progressive in comparison

Love it when the leader of the free world hates gays

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
TBF the comic says nothing about the politics of the woman leading the free world

whomupclicklike posted:

Love it when the leader of the free world hates gays

it's the best we can do in this dark year

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

A cosy parenting cartoon gets a teeny tiny bit political.

BarbarianElephant fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 11, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Iron Crowned posted:

Just because it doesn't talk about politicians doesn't make it not political.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Just because it doesn't talk about politicians doesn't make it not political.

It's a cartoon with some politics in it, it's not a Political Cartoon.(As in, a ham fisted reaction to the news of the day.)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Vib Rib posted:

Again: what the gently caress does Stantis think they've been doing? Where are all these frontpage accusations and indictments I keep hearing about? What is this even based on?

They're scared of the angry words keep coming and that they DISRUPT THE PEACE that supposed to exist.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Anime is political.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lodin posted:

Hey, Alhazred, since people are bitching about Zelda you should totally translate and post todays Nemi. it's political. :q:

I'm not your translator monkey!

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Trapezium Dave posted:

This reporter is so Allie in style I keep expecting Madigan to show up.

If it's utterly exhausting and aimless griping about the death of milquetoast elite conservatism, it's probably Stantis writing. If it's rehashing tribalistic feuds, it's probably Allie.

Can't tell if Bok has no soul or if he's slowly becoming reasonable. Either way, he cannot loving string a coherent visual analogy together.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Spiffster posted:

That's Big Show now. Big Show of last decade was no where near that ripped

Thank you. I somehow got into an extended argument about that in an old version of this thread. 2005 Big Show was in a WrestleMania sumo match, FFS.

Also Brett Noel's a weird dude. I, erm, "miss" him?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If only... :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone kept track of all the political cartoons that described the Russia story as a "nothing burger"? Now would be a good time to be reminded of them!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

seiferguy posted:

Has anyone kept track of all the political cartoons that described the Russia story as a "nothing burger"? Now would be a good time to be reminded of them!
Yeah just came in to say the last several weeks of rightwing cartoonists chanting THERE'S NO COLLUSION THERE'S NOTHING THERE WITCH HUNT sure are gonna age well in the next 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Because the word "email" is involved, most conservatives on twitter have already redoubled their pointing at Hillary to avoid thinking, and I expect most of the hacks to do the same.

• Locked thread