Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I'm not sure what to do with this roll.

Fairy Dragon
Crystalia Tia
Carabosse, Wicked Fairy
Dark Angel Olivia

I'd reroll, but DAO gives me pause. I really like control combo decks , and I'd like to play one. What should I shoot for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

olivia is a card thats nice to get 1 of in your reroll but dont base your decision on her. she isnt played that much but she is almost always a 1 of when she is so its nice to have one kicking around.

that roll is pretty bad overall.

i think the best combo type deck right now is probably seraph. for that you want 2 seraphs and some snow whites.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Valicious posted:

I'm not sure what to do with this roll.

Fairy Dragon
Crystalia Tia
Carabosse, Wicked Fairy
Dark Angel Olivia

I'd reroll, but DAO gives me pause. I really like control combo decks , and I'd like to play one. What should I shoot for?

Only keep this if you're tired of rerolling. If you are, just play the game.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
DAO is neat but games rarely last that long, even for control decks.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Second reroll for the day. I think this is good, not sure what direction to take it.

Hulking Giant X2
Dark Dragon Forte
Lord of the Flies
Lion of the Golden City
Lucifer
Odin
Heavenly Aegis

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

from that i would probably go towards aegis since you like control

giant is pretty bad but you could try to make an aggro dirt thing work with him

with the lion you could work towards neutral and then alices would let you branch out easily into other crafts

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Valicious posted:

Second reroll for the day. I think this is good, not sure what direction to take it.

Hulking Giant X2
Dark Dragon Forte
Lord of the Flies
Lion of the Golden City
Lucifer
Odin
Heavenly Aegis

If you can't back up, I'd just play with this pile and have some fun. I enjoy playing untuned jank in C-rank better than swimming with the sharks.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

This deck is truly unfair sometimes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I love when people playing spawn go all-in on me and leave me at near zero and I plop down an Elf Queen for a 17 hp heal

E: And they ragequit!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

van fem posted:

If you can't back up, I'd just play with this pile and have some fun. I enjoy playing untuned jank in C-rank better than swimming with the sharks.

So you're saying this isn't that great? What should I shoot for for combo control?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its another good but not amazing situation

i would probably just keep it at this point

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Valicious posted:

So you're saying this isn't that great? What should I shoot for for combo control?

I'm saying it's good enough to enjoy the game (as other goons have mentioned). You'll open more stuff later. I would not recommend rerolling for specific archetypes until you get a feel for how the game plays.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, watching the streamers "enjoy" the meta doesn't get old. Yesterday a dude aiming for GM fought 12 vampis in a row before calling it quits. Ahahaha.

I don't know what kind of sounds do anteaters make when then get nerfed but Tove is so going to squeal.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are counters to spawn. if you are running into that many in a row it might be a good idea to play one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

there are counters to spawn. if you are running into that many in a row it might be a good idea to play one.

They are playing counter decks (Seraph mostly).

Counter decks do nothing against facing 12 bloods in a row.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 7, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's all about pixie mischief

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1 free wonderland pack per day for 10 days starting now. happy 10 million downloads *cute anteater noises*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since I get a lot of ranked dailies and got a *third* spawn from my packs I am now playing my new midrange spawn scum deck. Basically, I play a shitload of cards to gain tempo in the midgame (just when regular scum blood loses tempo) to pressure other blood decks so that they cannot bapho into spawn safely. I still run bapho and will use his enhance if given the chance but I usually just have him as a 2pp drop because I'm actually running bandersnatch to drop double spawns on eight.

It is a stupid deck but it catches everybody in AA3 by surprise.

Fun fact: Double spawns also cock-block (his second) bahamut pretty nicely.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've been playing carabosse. It's pretty fun! I figured out the trick is to play her on turn 7 or 8 since it lets you play bloods awesome 4 drops with other cards in the same turn. My deck is basically just board wipes, wards, banes, and drain. Carabosse+limil's way is insane health gain.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

I've been playing carabosse. It's pretty fun! I figured out the trick is to play her on turn 7 or 8 since it lets you play bloods awesome 4 drops with other cards in the same turn. My deck is basically just board wipes, wards, banes, and drain. Carabosse+limil's way is insane health gain.

Can you post your list? I've been trying different lists with her from super stall (which sucks) to semi-aggro (which is doing ok) and I'd like to see more ideas.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This is my current iteration

https://tinyurl.com/yafs43md

I'm still dialing in the correct amount of each thing (bane, board wipe, drain, ward) but I think I'm getting fairly close. Here are some thoughts:

Definitely wait till turn 7+ to play carabosse, as I mentioned before. 6 pp is 1 too few.
Towards the end game it's sort of a tempo deck. I often make 2 for 1 trades which is fine since I'm double or triple drawing
Those executioner's axes are surprisingly useful and I kind of want to fit the third one in.
Geryon is your only hope against elana and I'm currently 2-1 against elana decks after I put him in
Lethal blade is iffy and will probably be the next thing to go

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahaha, 99% of ranked is decks trying to counter spawn, and blood playing the cat deck to destroy them.

The whole thing is loving dumb, and the cat deck almost never bricks so I put a loving single goblin in my midgame control blood deck just to gently caress around (hey it sometimes helps activate tove, which I run because I have Teenas and Lyrials) and sure enough, a couple of people conceded on 1 when they saw it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 11, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
People rage disconnect a lot against my Carabosse lmao

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ugh Urd removes ward from disagreeable demon

E: Having a bit of trouble where I get close to decking myself (lol). Might need to skew a few storm cards in there

E:E: Here's a newer iteration of the deck. More copies of the important cards should make it more consistent. Added emeralda because she rules hard.

https://tinyurl.com/y8h8wvr4

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 11, 2017

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Thanks for the list. It's definitely got some things I hadn't considered. You're also definitely right about the Executioner's Axe being really strong for the long game, but I'm not sure I would make room for it in a more aggro build. The Blood Moon idea is cool, too.

Unrelated, but people playing Neutral Spawn Blood in Unranked disgust me, especially when I just want to goof around with my extremely budget duck windmill deck.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've had a pretty decent mix in unranked where I am (A2). For every tryhard deck there's a weird one. My Carabosse actually fights really well against spawn since I can ward up and then heal all the damage they deal.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I put Dramatic Dragonblader into my terrible budget Hamsa Windmill deck because I like her art and it's actually been pretty ok. The deck still sucks though because I really need Breath of the Salamander and probably Uriel to make it safer and more consistent.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

trucutru posted:

Ahahaha, 99% of ranked is decks trying to counter spawn, and blood playing the cat deck to destroy them.

The whole thing is loving dumb, and the cat deck almost never bricks so I put a loving single goblin in my midgame control blood deck just to gently caress around (hey it sometimes helps activate tove, which I run because I have Teenas and Lyrials) and sure enough, a couple of people conceded on 1 when they saw it.

What's the cat blood deck?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yukari posted:

What's the cat blood deck?

Something like this:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've decided my true love will always be fairy holocaust. Had someone quit earlier when I dropped my 14 health gain elf queen :3:

One of these days i'll actually get to attack with her.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 11, 2017

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Does the advice in the OP for re-rolling still stand? (6-7 legendaries in 25 packs, so with the 40 currently available I should be looking for 10-13?) My first roll seems...okay. I'll probably save & reroll it with Nox:

Ancient Elf
Tsubaki
Dark Alice
Spawn of the Abyss
Deepwood ANomaly
Zeus

EDIT: Maybe I'm terrible with Nox, but how do I find my data to back it up? Going to the ES File Explorer -> Local/Device tab I can navigate to "Data", but there's nothing here, even when I restart Nox with Root Startup set to enable.

EDIT THE SECOND: Ok, so there's a Root Explorer option if I scroll down. Let me play with that.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 11, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would say anything with like 8+ is worth looking at

the tier list in the op is not current though.

that one you posted isnt terrible though so maybe back it up if you can

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Spawn is really good at the moment and is the only legendary you need for his deck, really, since some Neutral Blood builds don't really need Alice Wonderland Explorer. Ancient Elf is good but a lot of Forest decks are more gold/legendary dependant, Dark Alice is currently a fun gimmick that will probably be really good and fun if the meta slows down, and the others are sorta eh. Back it up if you can, otherwise I would reroll that if I was in your shoes.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I'll back it up and keep rerolling. Had another two decent runs I backed up as well: one (Rose Queen, Alexander, Albert, White Wolf, Nephthys, Daria), and the other (Tsubaki, Lord Atomy, Fairy Dragon, Alexander, Dark Angel Olivia, Eidolon of Madness, Bahamut, Minthe of the Underworld).

It's attractive that Spawn's the only legendary I need to get at least one quasi-decent deck off the ground. I played a lot of zoo back in early Hearthstone because it didn't require much in the way of expensive cards to get off the ground.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 11, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Something like this:

Yeah, that's the stereotypical Cat deck, I like to have three Baphos (I drop a Feria or Lyrial) because he's a perfectly fine 2pp drop in this deck and a consistent 1-6 is all you want, before the themises start.

The spawn deck is still better. But the cat one is cheaper and faster.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would say that starting as a new player right now the best legendary is a set of alices. that will let you run at least some sort of deck for every class for your dailies

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

i would say that starting as a new player right now the best legendary is a set of alices. that will let you run at least some sort of deck for every class for your dailies

Yeah, if you get a couple of Alices you're set. I wouldn't craft them because she's likely to get indirectly nerfed but she opens a lot of teams.

In any case, the lower ranks are a complete clown fiesta (I have seen Kripp's adventures in B3-A0 rank) so as long as you have a deck that doesn't truly suck any newbie should do ok. Blood. in particular, can make a bronze/silver aggro deck that will stomp pretty much anyone at lower levels with Tove, BKB and sabreurs. Just add wardrobe Teenas to do something at your evo turns and Alucard, Imp Lancers, and Dark generals to cheese out some wins.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I have found success for a while (climbing up as a new player to AA3) just throwing all the good sword storm guys together. With a pile of 1-ofs because I like that philosophy

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Istvun posted:

I have found success for a while (climbing up as a new player to AA3) just throwing all the good sword storm guys together. With a pile of 1-ofs because I like that philosophy

This used to be the way to go but nowadays there are plenty of counters to that. But maybe people are not playing them right now?

Because people are playing some truly ridiculous stuff to try to tech against spawn. I just had a neutral blood guy in low masters drop a freaking mask of the black death on turn five (With me having more than 5 damage on board). Things are getting desperate.

(And I'm playing cat or bandersnatch spawn anyways, nice mask)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone made a post on reddit like "black mask is the counter to going 2nd in the spawn mirror" and posted a clip not realizing it was just their opponent misplaying and they should have still been dead

• Locked thread