Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

For some reason I think nothing will happen to Junior and this will all be forgotten two weeks from now

Trump might just pardon everyone. John McCain would express his deep concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Jared kushner burned his brother in law who then implicated him while mindnumbingly posting all the info

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I love it especially later in summer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

He's 2 yrs and 8 months. Still has some puppy in him.

Has anyone here ever done pet insurance? It seems like a crapshoot as to whether or not it's worth it.

That pretty much describes all insurance tbh. You don't need it until you need it.

Glad the pup is doing better my man. We are waiting in the airport to board the flight to NOLA and I am already missing my furry boys. :( They seem to know when you are leaving, they looked very down and sad this morning.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

He's 2 yrs and 8 months. Still has some puppy in him.

Has anyone here ever done pet insurance? It seems like a crapshoot as to whether or not it's worth it.

We have pet insurance on our dog. We haven't used it much aside from his yearly shots and medicine, but it's totally worth it imo. Plus we can get a bundle to add our two cats when we want.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have pet insurance too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh my god Trump's idiot son scooped the Times

Is this really happening

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

So this is what a Bluth presidency would look like.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I have Better Health Reconciliation Act too

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

fsif posted:

Is this really happening

I'm tenuousily excited but I am holding out hope until a grand jury convenes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

I'm tenuousily excited but I am holding out hope until a grand jury convenes.

Like, even if there are no trials or convictions this still guarantees that Russian collusion will be an eternal albatross on this administration

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Literally nothing will come of this but it's still funny as poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I'm betting that, much like the previous two dozen revelations, nothing will come of this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

I'm betting that, much like the previous two dozen revelations, nothing will come of this

The gun isn't smoking so much as it's shooting jr continuously in the dick.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really wish some of them would wind up in jail but I can't bring myself to believe it might happen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, even if there are no trials or convictions this still guarantees that Russian collusion will be an eternal albatross on this administration

yeah, it'll be just like Iraq with Bush 2. or Katrina with Bush 2. nobody will ever forgive him and they definitely won't pine for his return a mere 8 years later

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

I loving hate that this is the national mentality. It's the same as voting, if everyone feels this way then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. A very livestock approach to life.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Hot Diggity! posted:

indigi posted:

I wonder how you guys define "nothing"

indigi posted:

yeah, it'll be just like Iraq with Bush 2. or Katrina with Bush 2. nobody will ever forgive him and they definitely won't pine for his return a mere 8 years later

Who is pining for Bush 2 to return?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who is pining for Bush 2 to return?

1. literally nothing

2. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/miss-me-yet-george-w-bush-democrats/524175/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

There is a pretty significant difference between pining for someone's return and being like "at least this rear end in a top hat wasn't like THIS rear end in a top hat"

Diqnol posted:

I loving hate that this is the national mentality. It's the same as voting, if everyone feels this way then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. A very livestock approach to life.

Yeah, I find this kind of cynicism more passive and cowardly than anything

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Actual consequences. like people being removed from their offices, or tried in criminal courts

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
A former Bush ethics lawyer just used the word treason on NPR

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Actual consequences. like people being removed from their offices, or tried in criminal courts

Hopefully they can lynch Sessions, it seems appropriate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

By that definition nothing happened during Watergate either

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Watergate was a different time, people by and large believed facts reported by the papers of record, and the party in power wasn't as pussy whipped by their president

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who has the pardon power again?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

A former Bush ethics lawyer just used the word treason on NPR

people really need to let the "treason" thing go. it'll never happen for several reasons, one of which being the fact that we're not at war with Russia, and that's how judges have historically interpreted "enemies." you could probably whip up sedition or something, but treason isn't gonna fly in court

e: also I doubt you could get two witnesses who wouldn't also be implicating themselves

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Watergate was a different time, people by and large believed facts reported by the papers of record, and the party in power wasn't as pussy whipped by their president

This is looking at history from the present. Read Fear and Loathing in '72 or something if you think journalism was widely trusted and the Republican party wasn't submissive to Nixon. Its impossible to judge the mechanizations of power from the present

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

fsif posted:

Is this really happening

I saw a couple of reporters go apoplectic over this primarily because of getting scooped. Can't find it, but one dude tweeted something like "I've been working on this for over a year...and he just tweets it out."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
This whole thing is going to end with Trump refusing to run for reelection in 2020, Cory Booker barely scraping by a Ted Nugent candidacy, and we all claim the republic is saved

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is looking at history from the present. Read Fear and Loathing in '72 or something if you think journalism was widely trusted and the Republican party wasn't submissive to Nixon. Its impossible to judge the mechanizations of power from the present

people also forget that Watergate took almost two years to bring down Nixon. I wouldn't be surprised if things look a lot different a year and a half from now; poo poo, even Drudge turned on Donald Jr

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This whole thing is going to end with Trump refusing to run for reelection in 2020, Cory Booker barely scraping by a Ted Nugent candidacy and we all claim the republic is saved

Just like nothing mattered and Hillary Clinton was going to be president and sell out the working class some more

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"in vogue"

he dumb.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This whole thing is going to end with Trump refusing to run for reelection in 2020, Cory Booker barely scraping by a Ted Nugent candidacy, and we all claim the republic is saved

Or Elizabeth Warren taking a Rock Bottom right on the steps in front of Congress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

indigi posted:

people also forget that Watergate took almost two years to bring down Nixon. I wouldn't be surprised if things look a lot different a year and a half from now; poo poo, even Drudge turned on Donald Jr

Yeah, this is a big thing people pass over. The fact that it is already this bad five months in is way more extreme than what happened with Watergate. A year into his second term and it was still just a "second rate burglary".

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Diqnol posted:

I am just a private citizen who loves to build muscle and watch sports, if there is something legal I can do to speed up Trumps downfall then let me know, I am fully committed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Diqnol posted:

I loving hate that this is the national mentality.

to be clear, this is only my mentality specifically regarding Russia/collusion/treason/etc

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I am just a private citizen who loves to build muscle and watch sports, if there is something legal I can do to speed up Trumps downfall then let me know, I am fully committed

What state are you in?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I live and work in D.C., so I don't even have a Senator, Mel.........

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

indigi posted:

to be clear, this is only my mentality specifically regarding Russia/collusion/treason/etc

Like, I think it is extremely unlikely Trump will get impeached and removed from power.

However, I do think this is gonna invigorate the free press more and continue to damage the credibility of the far right on the national stage while acting as a big motivator for grass roots left wing engagement at the state level.

And I do not think you can call that nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I live and work in D.C., so I don't even have a Senator, Mel.........

Yeah get wrecked sorry bro

• Locked thread