Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rush Limbaugh came back from a 10 minute commercial break, says that he's still trying to figure this out, and then goes back to commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

In practice, nothing, but that would be so egregious that I believe even McCain would​ step beyond "seriously concerned" and actually vote to impeach.

Alternatively - Trump's lackeys are all charged, tried, and found guilty. Trump pardons the lot of them, then does an appearance on Fox News where he treats his own pardons as somehow proving they did nothing wrong. Right-wing media runs with this angle, 35-40% of Americans buy it, and the circus continues on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Rush Limbaugh came back from a 10 minute commercial break, says that he's still trying to figure this out, and then goes back to commercials.

hahaha

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

"He released his emails unlike Hillary who wiped 33,000 of them. Who REALLY has something to hide?" - FOX NEws

At this stage of the game, I think it's just arrogance and hubris - feeling untouchable and above the law -
and until someone somewhere suffers consequences for it they'll keep doing it. I honestly put it at 50/50 that they'll get away with it.

I'm not generally conspiracy minded and I know It sounds paranoid, but I can't shake my concern about the idea of this administration launching a staged major terrorist attack, a pre-emptive war on NK, or even a phony "assassination" attempt on Trump to drastically change the narrative and alter the news cycle. I honestly wouldn't put it past them and obviously they have the means. Our President was a "reality" TV show star who obviously has no interest in governing and only wants attention and praise. If the heat gets turned up too high I could easily see this happening (and right now it seems pretty hot). Of the 3 possibilities I mentioned, I'd put my money and the last one.

I know it's nuts, but it's been in the back of my mind as a genuine possibility. Not sure if that says more about me or the state of our current government though but the idea that I can't entirely rule it out as absurd bothers me a great deal.

They may want to do something that stupid, but they wouldn't be able to pull it off without someone immediately running to the press for cover. Everybody is looking for a lifeboat now, and the amount of people that would need to be involved in a conspiracy like that vastly exceeds the amount of reliably loyal people. Kushner and Jr are burning the administration, for christ's sake.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 11, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I'm sorry Grand Theft Auto, I always said you were a dumb farce video game and no one is so stupid as to just start shouting I AM A CRIME MAN HERE ARE MY MANY CRIMES U S A U S A, but loving hell if Donnie Jr. didn't just one up that poo poo.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

They don't expect people to click through to read the emails.

That's the only way I can understand it. I don't see how you could read those emails and not immediately be :psyduck:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nonsense posted:

lol

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dfriedman33/status/884805056490590209
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/884818823215554560

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Nonsense posted:

Is today the day that RWM turns on Trump, or are they just waiting for talking points? When does this thing blow up enough that they stop sending talking points to RWM outlets, and their media narrative falls apart? The first time these guys aren't all on the same page, they will start eating each other.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/884818690180620290

Waitin for those marching orders.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Question: Are the middle-aged blonde ladies who reply to Trump tweets bots or real people?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Is today the day that RWM turns on Trump, or are they just waiting for talking points? When does this thing blow up enough that they stop sending talking points to RWM outlets, and their media narrative falls apart? The first time these guys aren't all on the same page, they will start eating each other.

They haven't been on the same page before. When that happens they default to obfuscation and stalling until the party line comes down.

RWM will never, ever waver from its purpose, no matter how bad things get.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/ScottyLiterati/status/884809107773030400
https://twitter.com/ScottyLiterati/status/884812832524685313

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

BiggerBoat posted:

"He released his emails unlike Hillary who wiped 33,000 of them. Who REALLY has something to hide?" - FOX NEws

At this stage of the game, I think it's just arrogance and hubris - feeling untouchable and above the law -
and until someone somewhere suffers consequences for it they'll keep doing it. I honestly put it at 50/50 that they'll get away with it.

I'm not generally conspiracy minded and I know It sounds paranoid, but I can't shake my concern about the idea of this administration launching a staged major terrorist attack, a pre-emptive war on NK, or even a phony "assassination" attempt on Trump to drastically change the narrative and alter the news cycle. I honestly wouldn't put it past them and obviously they have the means. Our President was a "reality" TV show star who obviously has no interest in governing and only wants attention and praise. If the heat gets turned up too high I could easily see this happening (and right now it seems pretty hot). Of the 3 possibilities I mentioned, I'd put my money and the last one.

I know it's nuts, but it's been in the back of my mind as a genuine possibility. Not sure if that says more about me or the state of our current government though but the idea that I can't entirely rule it out as absurd bothers me a great deal.

I don't think that they can pull off a false flag without loving it up but attacking North Korea is definitely in the cards.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I keep wondering if there is some sort of bizarre game behind this just because no one could be that stupid without some sort of genetic abnormality.

I think sharing genetic material with Donald Trump qualifies as a genetic abnormality. Plus, have you ever seen a picture of Donny Jr?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Nonsense posted:

Even a chunk of WSJ commenters are "well, poo poo" about this one. Not that they're true Trump fans but they carry tons of water with faux-serious accusations of "Trump derangement syndrome" and "but Hillary/Obama" buckets.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really want someone to say that it was Donald Trump Jr. being hacked

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/Brandonrowe14/status/884819170243747840

WOULD AN INNOCENT MAN GIVE YOU HIS MURDER WEAPON?

I THINK NOT!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
The right wing media machine is probably on red alert right now, but the slimy fucks will come up with something to explain it away, their brainwashed consumers will unquestionably eat it all up, and the circus continues.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/884821534753398784

lol@pence making sure to note he wasn't there at the time

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Trump Thread II: Daddy's little man make a tweet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/884823949535846400

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pangstrom posted:

Even a chunk of WSJ commenters are "well, poo poo" about this one. Not that they're true Trump fans but they carry tons of water with faux-serious accusations of "Trump derangement syndrome" and "but Hillary/Obama" buckets.

Rush:"I am getting so many people saying that this is it, that it's over! I don't believe it folks! What do you think in there(To his producers)... Oh... you guys think it's over...."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/884821534753398784

lol@pence making sure to note he wasn't there at the time

"I DIDN'T DO NOTHIN'" - Vice President of the United States.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
the GOP safe space right now is a health care bill with 17% approval rating

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

https://twitter.com/Brandonrowe14/status/884819170243747840

WOULD AN INNOCENT MAN GIVE YOU HIS MURDER WEAPON?

I THINK NOT!

He confessed to raping his sister but drat it he was so open about it you gotta give him a standing ovation

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shifty Pony posted:

At the federal level Nothing, until directly thumbing their nose at congress's authority hits the limit of what Ryan and McConnell can take.

But when (not if) he gets dragged in front of NY state law enforcement for questioning about any money laundering or securities fraud that may have gone into a Russian quid pro quo he's boned because the president can't pardon state crimes.
On The Wheel of Constitutional Crisis that has been spinning since Trump won the election, "President put in jail by a state" ranks under "President obstructed justice" and "President committed electoral fraud" but above "President mentally unfit to serve" and those "Bankrupt" wedges.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nonsense posted:

And it seems the best he can do is "nothing actually happened because the parties involved say so" and " if this is so bad why are we only hearing about it now"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

WampaLord posted:

How in the gently caress do you expect them to be competent enough to pull this kind of thing off? LOOK AT THEM.

Mainly because I've been wrong about every single thing for the last 2-4 years related to american politics and especially the very idea of Donald J. Trump ever being nominated, let alone elected. I used to think I knew a few things, even though I was often mistaken in my predictions.

Go back and read the election night thread and the monthly ones leading up to it if you need proof of how wrong so many of us were, including myself, and how in denial we were and remain. We've fallen so far and so fast most of us can't even keep up, which I'm now convinced is actually by design. We keep saying "Nah...that's ridiculous. Never happen. Impossible" and then it KEEPS loving HAPPENING.

I'm sad to say I don't know poo poo about poo poo anymore and have reached the point to where I'm resigned to the idea that sheer audacity, wars of intellectual attrition, propaganda, hubris, power and income inequality and the obscene amount of wealth necessary to pull it off actually trumps reality.

^^^Pun intended.^^^

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

As with most of these moments in the Russia investigation, I've read very little about what the specific consequences could be of these new revelations. What could Jr. be charged with as a result of meeting this Russian lawyer? Or is the hope merely that this leads to more new poo poo coming to light?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol.

First email is literally person with relation to Russian Minister of X wants to meet about sensitive info, and Donny justifies it as just some woman wanting to talk about adoption?

:wtc:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

nachos posted:

the GOP safe space right now is a health care bill with 17% approval rating

12 but yes

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nonsense posted:

Ok, if loving Rush can't defend you...

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I wonder if Trump fired Comey so he could appoint a new FBI director who wouldn't arrest his son.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ripoff posted:

I think we've hit "Coen Brothers tragic comedy" levels for the film about Donald Trump's election and presidency. I'm just trying to think of an actor that can play a convincing an imbecile as DJT Jr.

I'm a Diaper Don man, what do you mean you don't have any Diaper Don.

I'm sorry sir you'll have to goto Moscow for n that.

* Irritated Combs off brand piss into hair.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Flip Yr Wig posted:

They may want to do something that stupid, but they wouldn't be able to pull it off without someone immediately running to the press for cover. Everybody is looking for a lifeboat now, and the amount of people that would need to be involved in a conspiracy like that vastly exceeds the amount of reliably loyal people. Kushner and Jr are burning the administration, for christ's sake.

I can just see the Fox News narrative now:
"While our brave men and women are fighting in dying in North Korea, the mainstream media and liberals are pressing forward with their witchhunt to try to discredit and impeach our Commander in Chief!"

Something like that. God it's so easy to make right wing talking points.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/884824818515922944

quote:

The Daily Beast contacted multiple senior White House staffers on Tuesday to solicit defenses of Trump Jr., even anonymously. Each individual immediately referred questions to Junior’s legal and public-relations team, emphasizing that the president’s son is not a federal employee. According to a New York Times report published Monday, Kushner’s representatives referred all requests for comments back to an earlier statement, and stated that Kushner, Junior’s brother-in-law, is officially deferring questions on what happened in that meeting to Trump Jr. himself.

man when even the trump white house won't defend you anonymously...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Mainly because I've been wrong about every single thing for the last 2-4 years related to american politics and especially the very idea of Donald J. Trump ever being nominated, let alone elected. I used to think I knew a few things, even though I was often mistaken in my predictions.

Go back and read the election night thread and the monthly ones leading up to it if you need proof of how wrong so many of us were, including myself, and how in denial we were and remain. We've fallen so far and so fast most of us can't even keep up, which I'm now convinced is actually by design. We keep saying "Nah...that's ridiculous. Never happen. Impossible" and then it KEEPS loving HAPPENING.

I'm sad to say I don't know poo poo about poo poo anymore and have reached the point to where I'm resigned to the idea that sheer audacity, wars of intellectual attrition, propaganda, hubris, power and income inequality and the obscene amount of wealth necessary to pull it off actually trumps reality.

^^^Pun intended.^^^

Drink less alcohol. Seriously.

That's a prescription for this entire forum, really.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: sorry weird delayed doublepost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-aides-freaking-out-over-don-jrs-russia-email-the-sum-of-all-fears

quote:

The series of revelations surrounding Trump Jr.’s communications with Russian officials have damaged his standing within the president’s political inner circle. As The Daily Beast reported on Sunday, opinion of Trump’s eldest son among some of Trump’s senior aides, both past and present, is vanishingly low. Since the campaign, a popular, behind-his-back nickname for Trump Jr. within among these advisers has been “Fredo,” referring to Fredo Corleone, the insecure and weak failure of a son in The Godfather series who ends up causing major damage to the family.

• Locked thread