Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Charliegrs posted:

So I fix the TV, turn it on and it's already on CNN with a banner reading OBAMA AHEAD OF MCCAIN and I looked at her and said "You must be so sick of this" and she nodded in agreement.

So sick of politics she's on Fox News.

There is no such thing as a good Republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
i know most of us are pretty excited right now but uh keep calling your senators

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/884829187294597120

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Antti posted:

So sick of politics she's on Fox News.

There is no such thing as a good Republican.

Imagine if Fox News wanted to hire you for 200k/yr to bullshit on camera a couple of hours a week.

Would you take it?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Xae posted:

Imagine if Fox News wanted to hire you for 200k/yr to bullshit on camera a couple of hours a week.

Would you take it?

would you hang out in a studio that giuliani, gingrich etc frequented for 200k a year

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

At least most of the comments on it are people telling them to credit KC Green.

They even added their own watermark so uhh

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
All this time I thought "deeply troubled" was peak Republican outrage over the nonsense going on in the Trump administration but apparently "a big no no" tops it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

skylined! posted:

i know most of us are pretty excited right now but uh keep calling your senators

Guess they feep DJT Jr is giving them cover.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Xae posted:

Would you take it?

Taking money in return for poisoning the political discourse and pushing GOP talking points makes you a bad person.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

androo posted:

Pence becomes POTUS.

Assuming you're American.. did you take a civics class ever?

Sweet burn broski, my point was that if we go by the logic that Trump's entire presidency was invalid from the start due to Russian interference, does that therefore invalidate his entire cabinet as well.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly this is like the 40th time we've had a "OH MAN THIS IS IT GUYS OH FUUUUUUUUCK' moment over this poo poo and I'll believe it'll have an impact when it happens at this point.
Have you ever played Nintendo's Smash Bros. games?

Think about all of this like the damage meters in that game. Sure, none of the barrage of attacks have knocked him out yet, and none of them could have alone, but Trump's damage meter is at 200% and still rising. Each point on the meter makes the next hit more potentially catastrophic than the last. Each of these individual attacks is needed to soften him up before he can be launched out of the arena.

And over there in the corner, I suspect Mueller is reaching for a Donkey Kong hammer...

Seriously, Rush Limbaugh is at a loss for words to defend Trump's administration, and justifying unethical poo poo is literally all this man does... And this is only month 6. This poo poo is absolutely mattering, we just have no precedent for understanding any of it just yet, because this level of dumb is borderline supernatural.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah I get all of this.

I meant will this actually make Congressional Republicans pursue this in an appropriate manner, i.e. impeachment/Senate trial?

This is straight up collusion with Russia.
This is the $64,000 question right here. They will stall until Mueller's report unless Junior decides to reveal anything else blatantly incriminating, and even then... who knows how many Senators/Congressmen are coopted by Russia? I mean this poo poo is going to explode the entire party. Mark my words.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/884823448731701248

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Charliegrs posted:

I can just see the Fox News narrative now:
"While our brave men and women are fighting in dying in North Korea, the mainstream media and liberals are pressing forward with their witchhunt to try to discredit and impeach our Commander in Chief!"

Something like that. God it's so easy to make right wing talking points.

That's sort of why I think it's a possibility. GWB approval rating after 9/11 was something around 85-90% even though his election was hotly disputed and he was very much disliked. Before that, he was around 50% I believe. It took 5 or 6 years and Bush's re-election for the population to come around.

Look, I hope I'm wrong, and I probably am, but it's weird finding myself going from "that's insane. Calm down" to "that's entirely possible and I can see it" just a bit over a decade later. Given the sheer audacity of this administration thus far, I honestly can't rule anything out. They lie with impunity and blatantly contradict themselves every other loving day with a straight face and blame everything they demonstrably and provably say and do on "fake news" and "the liberal media".

Look at this idiot's cabinet. Look at this health care bill. Do they seem like people who draw a line somewhere as being a bridge too far?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

botany posted:

Taking money in return for poisoning the political discourse and pushing GOP talking points makes you a bad person.

Normally they get blackmail on them which they casually mention so that they stay or want to get hired.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/884826653284851713

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Charliegrs posted:

True story I met Meghan McCain once. I had to fix her tv. So I go to her apartment in Phoenix and her mom is there too and she didn't even look at me. So the TV was in the bedroom and Meghan was kind of sick so we got to talking and it was funny because we were talking about stuff like Pee wees playhouse. She seemed nice.

So she goes into the kitchen where her assistant or whatever he is was and I could overhear them talking about how she was getting poo poo from the other students at ASU or whatever school she was going to at the time. ( This was deep into the 08 election by the way)

So I fix the TV, turn it on and it's already on CNN with a banner reading OBAMA AHEAD OF MCCAIN and I looked at her and said "You must be so sick of this" and she nodded in agreement.

She was nice, and I just hope when she inevitably runs for some kind of office that she doesn't go down the alt right path and at least is just a mild neocon. That's about the best we can hope for these days.

In all my interactions with her, Meghan seemed to be a nice girl who is conscripted from birth into the Republican party.

I remember a lot of times in the 2008 campaign when it was in Michigan, where she was treated poorly due to her figure.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Antti posted:

I think some of the dynamic we're seeing here is:

- Junior isn't part of the administration so everyone in the administration thinks it's okay if he gets burned as long as the damage is limited to him. This might even be the case given that
- Everyone in Trump's circle seems to hate Junior.

So it's plausible no one worked with Junior on much, he had some stupid project of his own to keep himself busy, and now that he's getting lambasted for this, everyone is doing the Mike Pence and just counting on none of the poo poo getting splashed on them. This might include daddy Trump.

The problem is that the campaign manager also attended that meeting lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Drink less alcohol. Seriously.

That's a prescription for this entire forum, really.

Not an option.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Remember when the Access Hollywood tape came out and there were press reports that the RNC was going to cut Trump loose, every major elected official said that they wouldn't vote for Trump, and most of them rescinded their endorsements?

Remember two weeks later when the RNC spent $55 million for Trump, every Republican voted for him, and every Republican that rescinded their endorsement (except for Ben Sasse) re-endorsed him again?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i am losing my mind this morning over this e-mail stuff.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

They effin' watermarked it, rip kcgreenn's pure heart.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

ERROR ERROR HANNITY BOT MALFUNCTIONING INPUT OUTPUT BEEP BOOP LIBERALS LIBERALSLIBERALSWARONCHRISTMASMUSLIMMMMMMMMSSSS ~fizzle~

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sweet burn broski, my point was that if we go by the logic that Trump's entire presidency was invalid from the start due to Russian interference, does that therefore invalidate his entire cabinet as well.

We don't know because it's never happened before.

BUT the most likely scenario is that we go down the line of succession until we find someone that isn't neck deep in collusion or at least hasn't been indicted yet. Worst case, POTUS Ryan.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly this is like the 40th time we've had a "OH MAN THIS IS IT GUYS OH FUUUUUUUUCK' moment over this poo poo and I'll believe it'll have an impact when it happens at this point.

Yeah this feels a lot like the "you can not fire the person investigating you" excitement.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AriadneThread posted:

i am losing my mind this morning over this e-mail stuff.

Are you Jared Yates Sexton?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So.....er.....is there a news conference today or something?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Goddamn I wish they were going to have cameras on for the HuckabeeSanders press briefing today

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Charliegrs posted:

True story I met Meghan McCain once. I had to fix her tv. So I go to her apartment in Phoenix and her mom is there too and she didn't even look at me. So the TV was in the bedroom and Meghan was kind of sick so we got to talking and it was funny because we were talking about stuff like Pee wees playhouse. She seemed nice.

So she goes into the kitchen where her assistant or whatever he is was and I could overhear them talking about how she was getting poo poo from the other students at ASU or whatever school she was going to at the time. ( This was deep into the 08 election by the way)

She was nice, and I just hope when she inevitably runs for some kind of office that she doesn't go down the alt right path and at least is just a mild neocon. That's about the best we can hope for these days.

Uh, the best you can hope for is she becomes a Democrat and gets on board with not destroying the country.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

No Butt Stuff posted:

The only way Pence doesn't get the Presidency if Trump is removed from office is if he is implicated and removed at the same time.

Or Trump fires him.

And if the Dems hold the House Pence will not be removed even if he's caught dead to rights because the GOP will refuse to hand the WH to a Dem speaker.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Okay let's say this poo poo actually goes down. Trump get's indicted/impeached. Does Pence become POTUS or is the whole enterprise deemed as rotten?

Both.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

cochise posted:

We don't know because it's never happened before.

BUT the most likely scenario is that we go down the line of succession until we find someone that isn't neck deep in collusion or at least hasn't been indicted yet. Worst case, POTUS Ryan.

Mother of God

POTUS Linda McMahon

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Does anyone know the date the platform changes about Ukraine and Russia happened?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Note Block posted:

They effin' watermarked it, rip kcgreenn's pure heart.

You are right, that's kinda a dick move.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
When the President does it, it's not illegal and Double Jeopardy: two people with the same name can't be charged for the same crime. Ipso facto, I'm bulletproof!

-Don Jr, today, probably

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

Think about all of this like the damage meters in that game. Sure, none of the barrage of attacks have knocked him out yet, and none of them could have alone, but Trump's damage meter is at 200% and still rising. Each point on the meter makes the next hit more potentially catastrophic than the last. Each of these individual attacks is needed to soften him up before he can be launched out of the arena.

And over there in the corner, I suspect Mueller is reaching for a Donkey Kong hammer...

Seriously, Rush Limbaugh is at a loss for words to defend Trump's administration, and justifying unethical poo poo is literally all this man does... And this is only month 6. This poo poo is absolutely mattering, we just have no precedent for understanding any of it just yet, because this level of dumb is borderline supernatural.

Smash Bros isn't a real fighting game.

Also videogames are stupid.

edit for content.

Donnie Some WH staffer got Donnie's rubber "YES" stamp to nominate some regressive to the Fed. Reserve. How lovely is that regressive?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 11, 2017

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Fart City posted:

Maybe Don Jr. just figures that all of these Russian collusion stories will be irrelevant after he successfully resurrects La Magra, and brings about the vampire apocalypse.

As a follow up, I can't wait to see terribly animated winged skeleton ghosts emerge out of the dessicated husks of Trump's entire cabinet and fly away into the nightmare hearts of the GOP congress.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

OldTennisCourt posted:

There is no mechanism for declaring a Presidency "invalid." You impeach the President, in this case maybe impeach the Vice, and that's basically it.

Also the guy who said Trump could fire Pence is wrong and dumb.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

I appreciate this analogy. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's an interesting way to look at it.

What would edge-guarding be in this scenario?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

WampaLord posted:

Drink less alcohol. Seriously.

That's a prescription for this entire forum, really.

I don't drink and thus am to suffer the unending nightmare at every turn.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

AhhYes posted:

I just can't shake the feeling that this is all too perfect. Like, there's one of two possibilities I see:

1. They really are that dumb/unaware of the potential consequences, or

2. They know something we don't that will somehow make this impotent.

I can't think of anything that would make #2 true, but I can't shake the feeling.

Maddow reported last week that she was being baited with fake information. Luckily, she vetted it this time but you're right. I hadn't though of that as a "strategy" for something most of us see as so blatantly stupid. If I were a journalist I'd be really careful moving forward about what I report and cite because right now it'd be really easy to bait someone and then discredit it. Dan Rather's decades long record of integrity and accuracy was undone by one forged document.

It would only take a one time gently caress up for THAT to become the story and make the whole collusion case about the free press, cementing the right wing's mantra that it's all "the media".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
President ryan though. I don't know. Just isn't the same. It's bothering me alot for some reason.

• Locked thread