Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/884769104980213760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
My main hope for Fire Pro World is that they improve the menu / UI stuff for edit mode. I've tried making a CAW in past FP games and the whole thing was impenetrable for my small American/English brain. Every option seemed to throw me a few steps in too deep, like all I wanted to do was pick clothing items and change the color but I found myself in some layer-editing interface.

Even if menu navigation isn't changed too much, a slicker translation would help a lot.

Anyway I'm gonna be all over this game but I'll probably wait til it's out of early access. My laptop isn't a powerhouse but it's a 2015 model with a dedicated graphics card, hopefully that bodes well.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 11, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
If anyone is having trouble playing online, apparently the issue is a glitch when using characters from a custom "Federation". If you or the other player is doing that, it'll crash. for now, both players have to have their edits in SWA Face or Heel for now. This is nearly impossible to determine from random matches, so its probably best to arrange plays through forums or warn people in the chat before playing. Wouldn't be a modern game with online components without what should have been an easily viewable glitch!

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You can already pit Biff Slamkovich against Zangief, Starman and the Mario Brothers and it hasn't even been out for a day. This could be the new VGCW

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 11, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Aw man, I'm gonna be the odd one out aren't I? I tried, guys, I really tried, but I just spent an hour in the tutorials completely unable to consistently do ANY moves nor understand whether I was late or early on the timing. There's just no feedback and the game just wasn't fun to play for me. It looks super-cute, the animations are great, but this is totally a preaching to the choir game because there's very, very little care given to making it accessible to newbies. And as someone who finds create a wrestler/fighter to be the least enjoyable part of most wrasslin' and fighting games, the core gameplay not working for me and having the sheer cliff-face of the tutorial and/or UI being no help... Well, at least Steam has that refund policy...

:(

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The very first grappling tutorial tells you if you were late or early :confused:

Granted that's the only one that does & that kinda sucks because I'm awful at it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo, there's already ~600 CAW's on the workshop and it's been 12 hours :stare:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best feature of fire pro world is that you can set an mma match to run for 15 hours.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oldskool posted:

The very first grappling tutorial tells you if you were late or early :confused:

Granted that's the only one that does & that kinda sucks because I'm awful at it

Yup, and once you do that the only visual tell you have for the correct timing is removed. I was timing the press right on the lock-up and failing 9 times out of 10. Say what you will about the WWE games, but they're always very clear about stuff like that. There's also little things like most of the grapple moves putting the opponent too far away from the turnbuckle (assuming you do them from where the CPU stands) to be hit by the dives in that tutorial. Basically, I shouldn't be getting that frustrated in the mode designed to be 'babby's first grappling'.

Like, I'm sure the game is awesome for FPW pros, but as a new player, this is either just very, very much not for me, has a lovely first impression or both.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Undertaker just choked out Rod Stewart.

I'mma try and make a Simon and Garfunkel tag team. This game is great.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The timing on this one is you press the button the moment the animation stops

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is it possible to "create" moves and styles that are not in the game? Or are CAW's exclusively made with preexisting moves/clothing options in the game?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Do I really have to make a pair of glasses out of like four or five mask and paint parts that aren't meant to be glasses

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I'm really close to using Joy2Key to map the keyboard buttons to the ps4 controller because the dumbass game keeps picking up the keyboard as player 1 with no way to fix it. Is there any other alternative to this to control player 1 with a controller natively or are these Hashtag Early Release Issues alongside not being able to select alternate attires?

Aside from these problems, and the fact that the ring sounds like landing on a wooden yoga mat, this is game of the year material. Can't wait for someone to make Mike Haggar so I can get this Haggar v. Zangief v. Biff Slamkovich WrestleKingdom main event cracking.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I love the workshop, but the trouble is , much like WWE games, you can't tell who goes the whole hog with AI/Moves, and someone who's just made the outfit :(

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gaz-L posted:

Aw man, I'm gonna be the odd one out aren't I? I tried, guys, I really tried, but I just spent an hour in the tutorials completely unable to consistently do ANY moves nor understand whether I was late or early on the timing. There's just no feedback and the game just wasn't fun to play for me. It looks super-cute, the animations are great, but this is totally a preaching to the choir game because there's very, very little care given to making it accessible to newbies. And as someone who finds create a wrestler/fighter to be the least enjoyable part of most wrasslin' and fighting games, the core gameplay not working for me and having the sheer cliff-face of the tutorial and/or UI being no help... Well, at least Steam has that refund policy...

:(

Basic Chunnel posted:

This isn't really a game you play

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Honestly, I've found FPW easier to pick up than the WWE games, but I haven't finished the tutorial yet so I don't know what stuff I"m missing out on. Especially since I don't play the WWE games enough to maintain knowledge of the controls from year to year. I'm often relearning most of them for each game, and I don't think I bought 2k17 on any platform.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There's a reason that CPU sim is the default mode

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I've been playing FirePro for 17 years and have never once simmed a match. :shrug:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

EdsTeioh posted:

I've been playing FirePro for 17 years and have never once simmed a match. :shrug:

Got a bathroom break achievement for this match.. just kept spamming Styles Clash and threw him into barbed wire until he died

I know how to dropkick and climb the top rope now though so that's nice

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I have to be honest. The only thing more fun than playing Fire Pro is watching streamers :psyduck: at it.

Minidust posted:

My main hope for Fire Pro World is that they improve the menu / UI stuff for edit mode. I've tried making a CAW in past FP games and the whole thing was impenetrable for my small American/English brain. Every option seemed to throw me a few steps in too deep, like all I wanted to do was pick clothing items and change the color but I found myself in some layer-editing interface.

That's by design. All the items are broken into layers. So if you want to put on some jeans, you have to individually select the jeans part at the waist, thighs and legs. The new copy & paste with colors is a life saver though.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Call Me Charlie posted:

The new copy & paste with colors is a life saver though.

How? It's probably a right click option, isn't it?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's a reason that CPU sim is the default mode

You keep saying this stuff but fire pro is more fun to play than many wrestling games

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

simosimo posted:

I love the workshop, but the trouble is , much like WWE games, you can't tell who goes the whole hog with AI/Moves, and someone who's just made the outfit :(
Yeah I love browsing the Workshop but I always point my mouse at the thing to read the description and I only actually download them if it says they have full logic. If I'm going to download 200 guys there's no way I am going to be able to play as all of them any time soon, so they better have logic for battle royales or whatever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

You keep saying this stuff but fire pro is more fun to play than many wrestling games

the only other games I've liked playing just as much were No Mercy, and WWE '13 (the last one that had CM Punk/Goldberg in it and let you import music via USB)

I hope that Ocelot CAW is on Steam, I need that. It's mindblowing how many CAWs are up now and how high quality they are from appearance to logic/moveset.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What is this logic ya'll keep talking about. I've just been downloading whoever looks good

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What is this logic ya'll keep talking about. I've just been downloading whoever looks good

There are some CAW options that govern how a wrestler will behave when under CPU control, it's pretty neat.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Downloaded Steve Austin and The Rock, set the CPU level to 10, and made them fight in a normal match to get a 99 percent rating. The game is true to life!

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

How do I cycle through outfits in exhibition?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Boco_T posted:

Yeah I love browsing the Workshop but I always point my mouse at the thing to read the description and I only actually download them if it says they have full logic. If I'm going to download 200 guys there's no way I am going to be able to play as all of them any time soon, so they better have logic for battle royales or whatever.

I'm sure this will end up sorting itself out over the next couple weeks. The guys like DG Jae and Phil Parent will have their CAWs float to the top and it'll be pretty easy to deal with. I guess it wouldn't hurt if there were categories on Steam for 'Logic' and 'Attire Only'

Gaz-L posted:

Yup, and once you do that the only visual tell you have for the correct timing is removed. I was timing the press right on the lock-up and failing 9 times out of 10.

Listen for the sound on the collar and elbow. As soon as you hear the 'smack' sort of sound, *that* is when you press butan. I had a hell of a time figuring it out in the 90s when I started with 6MS, but once you get that part of it, everything else will come. The most difficult moves in the game are typically the running strikes and counter strikes (off irish whips/vs running opponent) as each one has it's own timing. FWIW, if you're having a really tough time, play a few exhibition matches with the difficulty on 1 as it's a little more forgiving than what the tutorial seems to be.

edit: I forgot about this guide for FPR that is out there. It's still relevant in terms of move timing. https://caws.ws/firepro/files/fpr_complete_guide.pdf

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 11, 2017

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did Fire Pro Returns on PS2 actually have "earlier" timing or was that more of a TV lag vs. PC monitor issue?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a cultivated list of CAWs for Fire Pro World yet or is it just "hey go browse through Steam Workshop for an hour or more"?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Minidust posted:

Did Fire Pro Returns on PS2 actually have "earlier" timing or was that more of a TV lag vs. PC monitor issue?

FPR was as soon as the wrestlers 'clicked' , now it seems to be when the grapple animation stops completely you should grapple. I thought the game was broken, but after doing the tutorial missions I am now ready to rumble again.

Oh and also, If you are an ultra wide user like me, you need to edit regedit to get the game to run in 21:9

If you know how to use regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\spikechunsoft\FireProWrestlingWorld\ and edit the Screenmanager Resolution Width_h/Height_h to 1440/3440 in Decimal.

The game renders the menus in 16:9 but the game plays in 21:9, as far as I've tested.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Minidust posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case, I'm playing on a TV in game mode and it doesn't feel any different to me.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

CVagts posted:

Is there a cultivated list of CAWs for Fire Pro World yet or is it just "hey go browse through Steam Workshop for an hour or more"?

I don't think there's anything yet, but I'm sure people will still make threads for their own edit packs over at Fire Pro Arena eventually, so you'll be able to see what collections you should be looking for.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Made a thing to manually use for now. Feel free to edit. I'll probably delete this once we have a real place to go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MNLV-vwd8bzcmqzjaTb_SXW_6JpHDBULVGXHjKjMMKw/edit#gid=83398952

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

simosimo posted:

FPR was as soon as the wrestlers 'clicked' , now it seems to be when the grapple animation stops completely you should grapple. I thought the game was broken, but after doing the tutorial missions I am now ready to rumble again.

Oh and also, If you are an ultra wide user like me, you need to edit regedit to get the game to run in 21:9

If you know how to use regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\spikechunsoft\FireProWrestlingWorld\ and edit the Screenmanager Resolution Width_h/Height_h to 1440/3440 in Decimal.

The game renders the menus in 16:9 but the game plays in 21:9, as far as I've tested.

This looks like it's cutting off the top and bottom to achieve the aspect ratio.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you think they might add in something similar to the Universe mode or whatever nightmare MDickie has in his games so we can pool our downloaded wrestlers into a career-type mode?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Taintrunner posted:

Do you think they might add in something similar to the Universe mode or whatever nightmare MDickie has in his games so we can pool our downloaded wrestlers into a career-type mode?

There's supposed to be a "Management of the Ring" mode coming at some point. Not sure if it's going to be any more robust than the one in Returns, but it's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19dkwewmyyuqy1b/ppvgen2.2.zip

Before MoR mode gets added, someone from Fire Pro Arena made a nifty Show/PPV Generator. It'll make your shows (TV, minor ppv, and major ppv) and dictate a loose story to follow based on the guys and stables you place in it and give you random events that can decrease and increase a character's stats and status. It starts with a base for the WWF Attitude era, but you can manually add your own and it's not too tedious. Good substitute in lieu of the lack of a career or story mode.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 11, 2017