Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I hope this is what the GOP echo chamber fixates on because it is so out there but if it gets even hinted at on Fox News as a possibility you'll see Trump tweeting about how Obama should be locked up for not stopping the Russian collusion with the Trump campaign that totally didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Trabisnikof posted:

They have power by controlling their majority. So even if you formally weakens the speaker, it would end up with the same result almost always.

Also, it is possible for a solid majority of the House to counter the Speaker in various ways like discharge petitions. But today's Republicans aren't going to do that.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Even the conservatives who were initially on the "Uh oh, this is bad" side are now on the "Actually, this is good" side in less than a day.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/884557482517049344

So he admits it was a mistake though? Why was it a mistake then Ari?

Neo Rasa posted:

I hope this is what the GOP echo chamber fixates on because it is so out there but if it gets even hinted at on Fox News as a possibility you'll see Trump tweeting about how Obama should be locked up for not stopping the Russian collusion with the Trump campaign that totally didn't happen.

Please god let this happen. Sorry Obama.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

mcmagic posted:

I don't think anything that happened in the last 2 days will change Trump's approval rating.

Of course you don't

I'm not sure that any of us needed to see your post to know that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arrest Obama and there'd be a loving citizens revolution

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fart City posted:

Trump buddying up to the NRA so early in his campaign makes a lot of sense in retrospect, since he now owns more smoking guns than any other person in America.

:lol:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Roger Stone sounds/looks like the main villain from one of those 1970s Flintstones TV movies

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

not sure Trump wants to create a new norm of "you can arrest previous presidents" tbqh

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dear Christ, they are running with the idea that Clinton was colluding with Russia to stop FRACKING? That's like saying doctors are colluding to stop MALARIA.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LeanneNaramore/status/884861975313993732

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Vegetable posted:

There would at least be riots, but they might be the kind of riots the alt right wouldn't mind seeing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

'YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR HAVING A VACATION, FORMER PRESIDENT OBAMA!"

Alternate take, Here is Trump Jr as he leaks in real time!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol, sure, go ahead.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

I don't think anything that happened in the last 2 days will change Trump's approval rating.

Do you stay up late every night thinking of sadbrains predictions to make while making sure to embed bullshit ways to not admit you're wrong later?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

Who do you think he's going to roll on? Honest question, because this came up a lot when we were talking about Flynn too and the problem is that there isn't really any strong evidence that anyone higher up the food chain was involved in anything yet. Jared Kushner maybe? It sounds like this may possibly gently caress him, but are people really expecting Trump Jr. to have legitimately incriminating information on his dad?

Kushner was at the meeting. So he's definitely about to get thrown into the barrel.

Probably not exactly the right time to be making the point, but boy that is a good illustration of everything wrong with the way the powerful view the justice system.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Pardon my ignorance of the law, but is anything we know about the meeting, the set up and people involved, actionable as the facts stand now?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Trump should just do it and then we'll resolve if any Republicans love the Republic or not once and for all. Then we can either impeach or recognize the Republic is over. It would be an end to this interminable waiting.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Any chance the russian lawyers, etc. who setup the meeting might be feeling serious heat from Putin now for being so sloppy and letting things get out of control? I wonder if any are thinking of going straight to Mueller to strike a deal for immunity and lifetime protection in the US (however much good that can actually do).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That Twitter is always sad because it's the science branch that denies science, but this is just pathetic.

Incredible how fast marching orders come down

Reminder the regressive POS who is the head of that commit sent some sort of LEOs to several scientist's homes to get THE ABORTION EMAIL ABOUT THE BABY PARTS when that bullshit about baby parts dropped a year or two ago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, no. There wouldn't be. The public are morons who are going to sit back and take whatever Trump does. There isn't going to be a revolution.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

Any chance the russian lawyers, etc. who setup the meeting might be feeling serious heat from Putin now for being so sloppy and letting things get out of control? I wonder if any are thinking of going straight to Mueller to strike a deal for immunity and lifetime protection in the US (however much good that can actually do).
You mean other than the ones that have mysteriously died over the past year?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, no. There wouldn't be. The public are morons who are going to sit back and take whatever Trump does. There isn't going to be a revolution.

Hey man, don't beat yourself up like that. You're not a moron, you just have different priorities than revolution.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

I mean, whatever, we're talking about some dumb Roger Stone joke.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

This is an amazing idea, they should totally try this

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Just a heads up, Adam Schiff is gonna have a press avail at 4.30

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Trabisnikof posted:

Trump should just do it and then we'll resolve if any Republicans love the Republic or not once and for all. Then we can either impeach or recognize the Republic is over. It would be an end to this interminable waiting.

I keep thinking this, but then it hits me that there's probably at least a one in ten chance that Republicans just shrug and go "eh, I guess this is okay" and that scares the poo poo out of me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lock up Obama, lock up Trump, lock up Hillary. Arrest everyone and then arrest the ones who indicted them in revenge.

Only then can the swamp finally be drained.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Rinkles posted:

Pardon my ignorance of the law, but is anything we know about the meeting, the set up and people involved, actionable as the facts stand now?

Legal scholars say there's a case for it since it can be interpreted as a campaign official soliciting a foreign national for a "thing of value."

A good prosecutor would at least explore that avenue, but like with most Trump malfeasances, the legal route is not the one that'll probably yield better results over the political route.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

The Glumslinger posted:

Once pardoned, he MUST testify before anyone who wants him to testify and will no longer be allowed to claim the 5th. If he still fails to do so or lies, he can then be charged with contempt or perjury
...if he is charged with contempt or perjury what's stopping Trump from pardoning him again?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

I'm pretty sure we passed up 'actionable' a long, long time ago. It's about forcing those in power to act somehow at this point.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

mod sassinator posted:

Part of Putin's MO in his own country is to fund opposition parties and then reveal that funding in order to destroy their credibility. Maximum instability in his rivals is the goal, and the more visible the better.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Fart City posted:

Trump buddying up to the NRA so early in his campaign makes a lot of sense in retrospect, since he now owns more smoking guns than any other person in America.

Guns or cannons aren't gonna cut it anymore. The smoking can.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

aware of dog posted:

I can't be the only person who always thinks of the DA from Law and Order when I hear this name.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

aware of dog posted:

Will this be streamed?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

A story that junior twote himself.
Is a smear piece if the NYT publishes it.
Gotcha there, sarge.

Yesh posted:

You Americans have achieved Trisomy Watergate

This is a god damned category-5 hurricane of stupid. :saddowns:

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

mod sassinator posted:

Why? poo poo is going down in the best possible way from the perspective of someone who wants to disrupt.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mod sassinator posted:

Quite possible they're the leakers. Putin's goal is chaos.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

NoDamage posted:

...if he is charged with contempt or perjury what's stopping Trump from pardoning him again?

This has come up repeatedly. Nothing is stopping him unless Congress decides to stop him via impeachment.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
More Republicans who initially said this was a horrible mistake and are now "on-message" that this is nothing or actually good in less than 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/884860694595633152
https://twitter.com/RichLowry/status/884738374229209088
https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/884760450583363584
https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/884658558243147776
https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/884602679711977474
https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/884868202328723456
https://twitter.com/StarChamberMaid/status/884864694992941059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

Probably very little. Trump has been letting known Russian operatives roam all over the US unchecked.

• Locked thread