Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you're fast you can stop by Shanghai River or any other Shanghainese place in Richmond for the best xiao long bao in Canada (aside from Toronto) and then go board your flight sloshing full of pork and pork lard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ICBC loving sucks, by the way.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Reality Winner posted:

I know the mega mall in Twasassen isn't doing too well.

This is the first good news I've heard about BC in a long time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I met an old friend visiting for dinner at that new Tsawwassen mall, and it was loving deserted. Like, creepy zombie apocalypse deserted, all the lights were on and flashy and all the stores were open, but I barely saw a soul.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

How's that mall doing by the way? I know the mega mall in Twasassen isn't doing too well.

I'm sure it's an indicator of something that home prices are through the roof but commercial is struggling to get by :thunk:

Canadians are wisely investing their income into the lucrative housing market while wisely eschewing the pitfalls of the nouveau riche, clearly.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

CLAM DOWN posted:

I met an old friend visiting for dinner at that new Tsawwassen mall, and it was loving deserted. Like, creepy zombie apocalypse deserted, all the lights were on and flashy and all the stores were open, but I barely saw a soul.

Why would anyone go out there? If you've got a ferry to catch you're on the clock and want to get to the terminal. It's in the middle of absolutely nowhere, surrounded by farms. All the suburbs in the area are already over-served by shopping centres. This isn't the 70's anymore where you can just build a new REGION'S BIGGEST MALLLLL and by guaranteed a steady stream of customers wowed by the size of it all.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Why would anyone go out there? If you've got a ferry to catch you're on the clock and want to get to the terminal. It's in the middle of absolutely nowhere, surrounded by farms. All the suburbs in the area are already over-served by shopping centres. This isn't the 70's anymore where you can just build a new REGION'S BIGGEST MALLLLL and by guaranteed a steady stream of customers wowed by the size of it all.

I dunno, friend was staying with her family in Tsawwassen and it was her idea and I'm a nice person UNLIKE YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Baronjutter posted:

I guess if you have a reservation or miss your boat you might have some time to kill. You might also assume that eventually growth in the area will catch up to the mall, if you were really optimistic. I take public transit from the ferry and I'm not getting off in Ladner or whatever to hike over to some wack mega mall and hang out in the food court.

Two weeks ago I was headed back to the island and there were a bunch of guys who'd been to the big sporting goods store and had fishing rods. That's the only evidence I've seen of people going there.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 11, 2017

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol they're so hosed especially now that MasseyMegaBridge is dead in the water

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Arabian Jesus posted:

Angus gets it, it's not about rural/urban

Then why does his "Environment" plan consist of "the urbans need to start pulling their weight"???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jimbozig posted:

Then why does his "Environment" plan consist of "the urbans need to start pulling their weight"???

Presumably by buying less meat so the rurals can farm more sustainably

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im sure the farming lobby is thrilled about this latest salvo in the Progressive Left's war on Canadian Beef Producers :canada:

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 12, 2017

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Angus should campaign on elevating folksy self taught know how while diverting university funding for even more agrisubsidies.

It's win win king of springs can still buy his overpriced farm cheese and arrogant urbans get cut down a notch

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

that poll actually suggests Ashton will run away with it because like Singh tons of her support is from newly signed-up members who are not included in that poll

so uh

lol

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sounds like Tinseltown by my place. The lower floor is busy because of 24hr McDonald's and street people. Upstairs is yikes Dawn of the dead.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is there a 24-hour McDonalds anywhere in the world that isn't a frightening shithole?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm p sure the one that's in the middle of nowhere just south of Barrie is 24 hours and because it's only customer base is drivers looking for somewhere they can get off the freeway for a break it's not terrifying.

But it is depressing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

namaste faggots posted:

Angus should campaign on elevating folksy self taught know how while diverting university funding for even more agrisubsidies.

It's win win king of springs can still buy his overpriced farm cheese and arrogant urbans get cut down a notch

Divert military spending to both

Work to get new blood into agriculture so farm ownership doesn't get even more consolidated within the hands of fewer people (not me though, I'm through with this poo poo) and get more money into universities so we can get some good loving research going instead of hollowing our loving country out to sell our resources because we have gently caress all else

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

Is there a 24-hour McDonalds anywhere in the world that isn't a frightening shithole?

Ladner

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Divert military spending to both

Work to get new blood into agriculture so farm ownership doesn't get even more consolidated within the hands of fewer people (not me though, I'm through with this poo poo) and get more money into universities so we can get some good loving research going instead of hollowing our loving country out to sell our resources because we have gently caress all else

Oh yeah farming will be economic engine of the future

loving lol you rurals

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

namaste faggots posted:

Oh yeah farming will be economic engine of the future

loving lol you rurals

It's the economic engine of the now dipshit

The city you live in and everything you do for a living is possible because some other rear end in a top hat is making your food and this isn't changing anytime soon

Also I live in Winnipeg 2/3rds of the year so :shrug:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 12, 2017

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yes thats why degenerate city slicks are subsidizing your transportation and energy use to the hilt

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA

TheKingofSprings posted:

We import 80% of our produce, mostly because of the growing season, not capital investment as such. If we were to seriously depend on aggriculature for our economic output we would actually manage to be even more hosed then we are now, in our real-estate, minerals and bullshit-based economy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Times are tough... I have to sit around and subsist on massive government subsidies while I watch plants grow until they get big enough for my self-driving tractor/army of temporary foreign workers to go out and get them. :fuckoff:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Tuesday Night Debate Y'all

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

jfood posted:

Wave your gun stapler around at the airport while ranting about how you feel aimless and really just don't know what to do with yourself.

Then livestream that poo poo, please.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

If he doesn't win the leadership, I really hope Guy Caron plays an important role in the party moving forward. I really like his style

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

THC posted:

https://twitter.com/toddstonebc/status/884199161515524096

FIRE SEASON
     PLEASE COMMENT
WHAT COULD BE DONE DIFF NEXT TIME?

More Rain

This begs to have other things added to that list.

LESS FIRES
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE LNG

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

VOTE LIBERAL TO AVOID GOD'S WRATH

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

McGavin posted:

VOTE LIBERAL TO AVOID GOD'S WRATH

Or at least not NDP, first Alberta, now BC. What awaits the rest of us with a national NDP?

I for one don't want to know.

e: seriously though, you have a Venn diagram of provinces that elected NDP governments and provinces that burned to cinders and it's a single circle.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 26, 2018

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

Or at least not NDP, first Alberta, now BC. What awaits the rest of us with a national NDP?

I for one don't want to know.

e: seriously though, you have a Venn diagram of provinces that elected NDP governments and provinces that burned to cinders and it's a single circle.

Christy Clark is still premier. Just think, if she had resigned 2 months ago, the Liberals could be deploying that steaming hot take right now. Lol.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

TheKingofSprings posted:

The city you live in and everything you do for a living is possible because some other rear end in a top hat is making your food and this isn't changing anytime soon

Also I live in Winnipeg 2/3rds of the year so :shrug:

Except your lying

gg

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Clear-cut every tree in bc

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Actually climate change will make Canada a agricultural superpower. The Canadian shield will shine golden with wheat and corn or maybe banana groves.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The lumber can be used to build 3 storey wood frame townhouses on Indian burial grounds

All of bc's problems solved

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Actually climate change will make Canada a agricultural superpower. The Canadian shield will shine golden with wheat and corn or maybe banana groves.

Pretty cold today, eh? We could use some of that global warming!! Ha ha, take er easy Randy!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Actually I want to know what rurals think because I value their opinions. Let's open up this thread u guys

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste faggots posted:

Actually I want to know what rurals think because I value their opinions. Let's open up this thread u guys

I'm p sure the power is out to everywhere the fires are so most of rural BC therefore they won't hear you, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Oh no save or rurals