Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think in Illinois you can only claim damages if you can demonstrate the city knew about the issue and neglected to fix it in a "timely manner."

So good loving luck proving any of that. You'd basically have to send a certified letter for every single pothole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I have been victim of instant depressurization due to pothole more than once. I just head to the nearest shop and have my tire(s) replaced :(

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

This wouldn't work, I live in Massachusetts, there isn't enough spraypaint.

Fun fact: Massachusetts has a law on the books (since 1910) which says that the state is not responsible for damage to property caused by defects in state roads. They'll pay for medical damages only up to $10k.

Didn't a piece of a bridge built in the big dig fall and kill someone due to lovely concrete poured by some company that was giving kickbacks to some MA or Boston politician?

Also, didn't someone hit a manhole on 93 and the manhole cover shot up and hit the young driver behind this person in the face and instantly kill her?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cacafuego posted:

Didn't a piece of a bridge built in the big dig fall and kill someone due to lovely concrete poured by some company that was giving kickbacks to some MA or Boston politician?

Also, didn't someone hit a manhole on 93 and the manhole cover shot up and hit the young driver behind this person in the face and instantly kill her?

I kinda remember it being a chunk of overhead concrete in one of the tunnels.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Dr.Smasher posted:

I kinda remember it being a chunk of overhead concrete in one of the tunnels.

IIRC some of the concrete slabs and lights were glued to the roof of the tunnel and they used a cheaper non marine approved adhesive. Which works well when you are a major road in a city by the ocean.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I feel pretty special then, where I live there is an online complaint section on the city web page, and a sub section specifically for potholes. Every one of them has been filled within 24 - 72 hours of someone putting in a complaint. (the complaint tracker even has a map so you can see where the issues are).

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Skreemer posted:

I feel pretty special then, where I live there is an online complaint section on the city web page, and a sub section specifically for potholes. Every one of them has been filled within 24 - 72 hours of someone putting in a complaint. (the complaint tracker even has a map so you can see where the issues are).

What magical place do you live where infrastructure, local infrastructure, is properly maintained?

There was a massive series of potholes in Chicago in an underpass that nearly tore the front wheel off of my old van ~5 years ago. It barely got filled in a year ago

E: I can't remember which road specifically, but it was either westbound Cermak, Ogden, or Roosevelt. gently caress that road

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 11, 2017

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Spotted this on Imgur earlier, haven't seen it posted here -

You can buy it on ebay! For £10,200, currently.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AirRaid posted:

Wrong thread.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sagebrush posted:

comrade, when this baby hits eighty-eight meters per minute you're going to see some serious сука блять

Somehow, I knew that said "suka blyat" before I Googled it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

AirRaid posted:

My pedestrian crash ratings.

Edit: everything is reversable. Wrong thread. However, if you reverse it, you're a terrible person.

nm fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 11, 2017

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

At least it will be a fabulous death.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
But, but, guys.

It's a Mustang, not an Impala :haw:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AirRaid posted:

But, but, guys.

It's a Mustang, not an Impala :haw:

:dadjoke:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I like how they paid attention to detail and gave the Mustang emblem in the grill a horn and wings too.

AirRaid posted:

It got relisted: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Ford-Mustang-Coupe-Unicorn-Pride-Parade-Car-4-7-Litre-V8-/122593063870 Derp same link.

More awesome pics in the listing, too.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 11, 2017

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I'd buy that, take the horn and wings off, and drive it every day.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sinestro posted:

I'd buy that, take the horn and wings off, and drive it every day.
:same:

The current bid isn't a bad price for a -68 V8 Mustang in the UK either, even without the rad paintjob.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Collateral Damage posted:

I like how they paid attention to detail and gave the Mustang emblem in the grill a horn and wings too..

Oh my god I missed that.

Though I still like it better in the previous white with blue stripes.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Cacafuego posted:

Yes both of those things happened. Big Dig: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dig_ceiling_collapse and the manhole cover: http://www.wcvb.com/article/teacher-killed-by-airborne-manhole-cover-on-i-93-identified/8231603

xzzy posted:

I think in Illinois you can only claim damages if you can demonstrate the city knew about the issue and neglected to fix it in a "timely manner."

So good loving luck proving any of that. You'd basically have to send a certified letter for every single pothole.
I think in Massachusetts we have that too. Maybe it is town by town specific though or I just overheard nonsense somebody was talking one day. But even if we do have that you're spot on with your second statement, good loving luck. I can think of entire streets around me that would need to be documented.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BigPaddy posted:

At least it will be a fabulous death.

I'd like to think at my wake...getting impaled by a unicorn horn strapped to a Mustang would leave a lasting impression.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Door Frame posted:

What magical place do you live where infrastructure, local infrastructure, is properly maintained?

There was a massive series of potholes in Chicago in an underpass that nearly tore the front wheel off of my old van ~5 years ago. It barely got filled in a year ago

E: I can't remember which road specifically, but it was either westbound Cermak, Ogden, or Roosevelt. gently caress that road

I think Skreemer is from Dallas?

Does the snow in Chicago contribute to degradation? It's probably a hell of a lot easier to manage potholes when you're not dealing with a freeze-thaw cycle.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's often freeze-thaw twice daily in winter, it ruins roads so quickly

Texas is sounding nicer and nicer every time I gear about it

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Memento posted:

Does the snow in Chicago contribute to degradation? It's probably a hell of a lot easier to manage potholes when you're not dealing with a freeze-thaw cycle.

AFAIK we have one of the most extreme freeze-thaw cycles in the nation because of the daily variability. It can be 40F one day and 0F the next in winter, easily, if not in the same day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Winters around Chicago have been wayyyy more mild the last several years. We got that proper big blizzard in 2011 and it's been tapering off ever since.. get maybe one weekend a year with enough cold to go ice skating outdoors. And maybe a polar vortex in January.

Persistent snow simply doesn't happen anymore. We get an inch or two and it's gone in two days.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

xzzy posted:

Persistent snow simply doesn't happen anymore.

Correct thread and all

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

xzzy posted:

Winters around Chicago have been wayyyy more mild the last several years. We got that proper big blizzard in 2011 and it's been tapering off ever since.. get maybe one weekend a year with enough cold to go ice skating outdoors. And maybe a polar vortex in January.

Persistent snow simply doesn't happen anymore. We get an inch or two and it's gone in two days.

This is true. My parents got a snowblower at my insistence and we haven't had to use it once. A waste!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Memento posted:

Correct thread and all
I read that in the Rocks voice.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

AirRaid posted:

This is in the wrong thread - The 'paint job' is plastidip, the horn and wings can be removed easily, the interior is just removable covers. Good on 'em.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Here's the fun. I used to live just outside Chicago , in Aurora, but now i live in Plano, Texas. The roads out here suck in a different way. Any road out in the sticks, "Farm to Market" roads, sometimes still have a lot of heavy traffic (as in weight), and you get deep depressions in the road, think wagon wheel ruts, or the road drat near sloughs off on the shoulder side. It's still constant construction depending on which way you go, but once some of it is done, it's pretty drat smooth sailing. I traverse 75 north/south and i-635 east/west about every day and luckily I work an overnight shift. I'm on the road when most folks aren't.

Though the suburbs are pretty well handled. Just look out for the construction and it idiots that drive over medians/grass/whatever at the last second because they realized they missed their exit.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Skreemer posted:

Here's the fun. I used to live just outside Chicago , in Aurora, but now i live in Plano, Texas. The roads out here suck in a different way. Any road out in the sticks, "Farm to Market" roads, sometimes still have a lot of heavy traffic (as in weight), and you get deep depressions in the road, think wagon wheel ruts, or the road drat near sloughs off on the shoulder side. It's still constant construction depending on which way you go, but once some of it is done, it's pretty drat smooth sailing. I traverse 75 north/south and i-635 east/west about every day and luckily I work an overnight shift. I'm on the road when most folks aren't.

Though the suburbs are pretty well handled. Just look out for the construction and it idiots that drive over medians/grass/whatever at the last second because they realized they missed their exit.

Agreed on 75 and 635, they're generally in good shape. 190 and 121 are too, but gently caress toll roads.

I get to see 30 every single day (since, uh, I live on it). The highways I see every day vary, but 35E and 635 are pretty much always on my list.

I've seen roads in Plano heave on a really hot day though. I remember Preston has done it a couple of times, think I remember Legacy doing that at some point too (been awhile.. like 10 years). Nothing like a surprise speed bump on 40 and 45 mph roads :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/WestVanPolice/status/885171452059824130

drat smart car drivers, always doing double the speed limit :argh:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

That's right, a cool million for a relatively low-mileage 3000GT!

I love how they claim "0 owners, confirmed by CarFax", and then post the CarFax that shows registrations being issued several times.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ctd/6195892737.html

MikeyTsi fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 13, 2017

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

I have so many questions about this fever dream

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Powershift posted:

https://twitter.com/WestVanPolice/status/885171452059824130

drat smart car drivers, always doing double the speed limit :argh:

Wrong thread perhaps?

Not the speeding but survivng it

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Breakfast Feud posted:

I have so many questions about this fever dream

It's on Ebay.uk.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
It's like he wanted a hot rod mercedes but instead of making everything fit into a tight dropped chassis he just sort of fit a hot rod shape over top of a sedan.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

lordofthefishes posted:

Wrong thread perhaps?

Not the speeding but survivng it

How dare that guy survive going 83 mph.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

In a Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010

Because if he went 5 mph faster he would have gone back in time.