Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

jarofpiss posted:

the most disappointing thing about today is that i feel like i'll never get to be named dumbest failson in america now

Unironically pm me I wanna talk to you about something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

logikv9 posted:

yeah because the mods (sheng-ji / maclaine / me) can see them and do something

oh I didn't realize you guys got promoted to full mods

congratulations on your rank increase on a niche subforum on a dwindling forum on an archaic website in a dusty, cobwebbed corner of the Internet

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

News that Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer described as having potentially damaging information on Hillary Clinton during last year’s presidential campaign dims the U.S. economic outlook, according to Dan Ivascyn, chief investment officer at Pacific Investment Management Co.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

he became a russiacuck recently

the worst fate

what really. is he still posting in reddit

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So we have unassailable evidence that Junior wanted Russian state help, and everyone's talking about whether Trump was in on it or not, but how far are they in proving that help actually happened? Or, how necessary is that compared to knowing that they wanted it?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Boosted_C5 posted:

All Hail Lord President Trump the Unstumpable

T minus 20 minutes until we lay Lyin' Ted Cruz to rest.

Your 2016 GOP Presidential Nominee ladies and gentlemen, DONALD J. TRUMP

The doubters were many, but now they will be silenced.

A great victory for AMERICA, and now it is time to turn our sights toward the one even more corrupt, vile, and immoral than Cruz - Hillary Clinton.

OUR BLOODLUST WILL NOT BE SATIATED UNTIL EVERY LAST VESTIGE OF POWER IN THE MODERN POLITICAL SYSTEM FALLS PROSTRATE BEFORE TRUMP

:hai:

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
im thinking about those minions

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh I didn't realize you guys got promoted to full mods

congratulations on your rank increase on a niche subforum on a dwindling forum on an archaic website in a dusty, cobwebbed corner of the Internet

*as i am pressed up against the wall* do you know who i am???

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

lol eat that poo poo rodgers, eat it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

Wait, he had another one? I remember the one from Romney, and then he just went silent. How the hell did I miss the JEB! one....

Boosted not wearing the Hat in 2016 was honestly pretty loving amazing to witness.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

PostNouveau posted:

This has nothing to do with nothing, but :lol:

LOL ok LMBO

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

you don't want William Jennings Bryan

people poo poo on wjb cuz of the scopes trial but his opposition to evolution was mostly because he hated social darwinism & eugenics not because he was some kind of fundamentalist shithead

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, the Mizzou football team got the president and chancellor to step down by threatening to not play football. That was pretty great.

my father in law is legit mad that any sort of protesting is creeping into this sports experiences to the point he wont even watch them if he think 'one of them' is going to cause a problem.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

holy macaroni did I get plastered during that

wait, I mean holy GUACAMOLE :smug:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Brother Friendship posted:

eh, I'm pretty down on colleges too. The money would be better used funneled into k-12 education instead of saddling the working class with ridiculous levels of debt for highly questionable value. The standards are too low and the benefit too small for the current system to make any sense.

We're spending enough on k-12. There's something else wrong with education.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i have a foggy recollection of boosted getting mad at me for probating him everytime he posted here because people had petitioned that he wasn't allowed to, i was just honoring the petition :cheers:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

my father in law is legit mad that any sort of protesting is creeping into this sports experiences to the point he wont even watch them if he think 'one of them' is going to cause a problem.

them?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/884858699532992512

cumshitter
yinlock
baloogan

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChrisLicht/status/884905334757875713

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Celery Jello posted:

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/884808363112116225

Ted Cruz, visibly sweating: UH - UH - OBAMA!!!!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Oiled and Ready posted:

Why do we need to oppose Russian interests except in the cases where we are opposing them simply by strengthening our own countervailing interests?

Here, I'll give an example of when our interests do not necessarily come into conflict. In 2016, Iran started selling their oil in Euros, including the poo poo-ton they were owed by India because we had frozen their related accounts for so long. That switch to the Euro is not good for us or[/i for Russia. Though it is surely worse for Russia in the immediate term, oil in that region is almost exclusively priced and sold in USD; the corresponding treasury bonds and such are pretty important factors when it comes to the unrivaled stability of our currency.

For the Crimea, the USSR gave that parcel to the Ukraine in like 1950 as a gift. More broadly, Ukraine isn't in NATO, and as a result I really don't give a poo poo that Russia took that little bit of land back. Everything I read about Ukraine just makes me hate every side of the constant squabbling there even more.

As far as actual Hitlerian land grabs are concerned, Russia will always have a hard line against expansion at the NATO country borders. Personally, I think Mattis and/or the core of our high command would automatically leap to the defense a member state regardless of what Trump was yelling and tweeting about over the sirens. If he wishes to somehow withdraw us from NATO, I think Article 13 contains a loophole that would allow the USA to withdraw without warning beginning one year after his inauguration, but a surprise withdrawal based on a loophole would pretty much have to immediately presage WW3.

There is only one sure way to ensure that when we get a less Russophilic president in the future, we still remain on decent terms - mutually assured (financial) destruction. My recommendation is we do something dumb in the Middle East together as soon as possible, then split costs and spoils of redeveloping whatever area we bomb to pieces together.

:thunk:

that sure is a post

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the rise and fall of Boosted_C5 was at once both meteoric and pathetic as he continually, constantly, forever unwilling, did not wear the hat

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yeah I've got racist relatives too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lastgirl posted:

i have a foggy recollection of boosted getting mad at me for probating him everytime he posted here because people had petitioned that he wasn't allowed to, i was just honoring the petition :cheers:

congrats on going mad with your brief time in power imo

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I agree with the thread, this should be the theme song today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

Only starting quiet as if at a distance and then constantly getting louder until by the end it is deafening.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Jeb's fool can't melt steel downs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

people poo poo on wjb cuz of the scopes trial but his opposition to evolution was mostly because he hated social darwinism & eugenics not because he was some kind of fundamentalist shithead

I'd take him over Trump in a heartbeat, I'd just worry about the chance he embraced the modern Evangelical movement in which case all his good traits would be burned away like paper under a blowtorch

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

the rise and fall of Boosted_C5 was at once both meteoric and pathetic as he continually, constantly, forever unwilling, did not wear the hat

what was the deal with the hat was be supposed to eat it?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jenhab/status/884905000752873472

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MadJackal posted:

childhood poverty and hunger, imo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

fits my needs posted:

what was the deal with the hat was be supposed to eat it?

nah, just wear it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah him and at least 40% of the people who vote straight-ticket Republican every election.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

lol eat that poo poo rodgers, eat it

and joementum

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

this but unironically.

All Boosted had to do was wear the hat. It was so simple.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MadJackal posted:

it's only being spent on affluent white kids?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MadJackal posted:

Yeah it's a loving scantron pyramid scam.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

joe's primary audience is democrats so uhh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

it was fun but as all things, ephemeral :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MadJackal posted:

*Shoves $100 bills into the pockets of some millionaire charter school owner*

"Oh I'm funding education so hard right now. Look at all this education money."

• Locked thread