Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Turtle face isn't even close to getting the votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What would come after Mueller being fired?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Despera posted:

Turtle face isn't even close to getting the votes

He could probably lose his hard liners and go towards ACA fixing, while gaining his moderates and a few blue dogs. That might get a pass, but I have no idea how it passes the house after that.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

cr0y posted:

appointment of another special prosecutor, in a saner universe; the dissolution of the union; or somewhere in beteween

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cr0y posted:

Step 1: Fire Mueller
Step 2:
Step 3: The Trump Reich beings it 10,000 year reign.

Would actually like to see Trump try it, just to see what level of concerned McCain would reach.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Eltoasto posted:

He could probably lose his hard liners and go towards ACA fixing, while gaining his moderates and a few blue dogs. That might get a pass, but I have no idea how it passes the house after that.

The problem with this is that Republicans don't actually give a poo poo about healthcare and the ACA doesn't need to be fixed in the way that the GOP wants. There are problems with it, but the solutions almost universally involve things that Republicans are ideologically opposed to. Cost issues mostly come down to a lack of government involvement in the market, and the same goes for access to healthcare in general. Republicans are only motivated to mess with the ACA because they want to cut spending, but cutting spending and improving healthcare are mutually exclusive goals. Take away the cuts and literally nobody on the GOP side wants anything to do with healthcare reform.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

If trumps poll numbers weren't in the burning garbage bin peeling off a few dems could happen

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kylra posted:

That's fine for Trump but all the Rs in the house and senate kind of want to be reelected.

A dog

A few pages behind, but leave the Shinsengumi and Sadaharu off of this, bucko!

I have a very sincere question/ couple of questions (which are all basically the same question). Regardless of what this Trump Jr. business ends up proving or disproving or who gets his/her head in a pike for this, but I have to ask: Why he couldn't just wait? My train of thought is that all he needed to do was wait for the NYT to drop the e-mails and he could've trash-talked them up and down. What was to be gained? Was this the equivalent of that shithead in YouTube who says "First" was that literally all it was? It makes no loving sense. How can anybody be this goddamn stupid?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Would firing Mueller close his independent investigation, or would someone else be able to take over without being appointed by the DOJ?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wark Say posted:

I have a very sincere question/ couple of questions (which are all basically the same question). Regardless of what this Trump Jr. business ends up proving or disproving or who gets his/her head in a pike for this, but I have to ask: Why he couldn't just wait? My train of thought is that all he needed to do was wait for the NYT to drop the e-mails and he could've trash-talked them up and down. What was to be gained? Was this the equivalent of that shithead in YouTube who says "First" was that literally all it was? It makes no loving sense. How can anybody be this goddamn stupid?

You'll have to watch Hannity tonight to find out!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Whoever is Jr.'s lawyer really should tell Jr. to shutup

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

Would firing Mueller close his independent investigation, or would someone else be able to take over without being appointed by the DOJ?

I'm sure the investigation is documenting everything in triplicate with the expectation Trump will try to stop it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Filthy Hans posted:

It would not close the investigation, but trump is super dumb.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Despera posted:

This just in, Jr.'s lawyer has released a statement:

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/884897415010041857

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

You'll have to watch Hannity tonight to find out!
gently caress that, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight after almost 2 weeks. Two lovely-rear end gringos semi-fellating each other can wait.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Despera posted:

Lionel Hutz

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Ok you're correct, but if a reconciliation bill effects both spending and revenue then it uses up both attempts. So if they did absolutely no revenue changes in one bill they could do spending changes in another, but that seems even less politically feasible. The AHCA repeal includes revenue changes which is why the big tax cut bill has to go in 2018.

There are two reconciliation bills thanks to the GOP's legislative process magic. AHCA/BCRA/whatever is FY2017's reconciliation bill and the tax reform bill that has yet to be released is FY2018's reconciliation bill. They're entirely separate with regards to the revenue/spending/debt ceiling change criteria.

McConnell likely removed the tax cuts for better optics on the bill, so that the media can't say that the GOP is killing people to cut taxes on the super rich. It won't help, though.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Wark Say posted:

I'm hoping the Pulitzer committee awards this year's prize for best Breaking News Reporting to Donald Trump Jr.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wark Say posted:

gently caress that, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight after almost 2 weeks. Two lovely-rear end gringos semi-fellating each other can wait.

Wait which lovely rear end gringo pair you talking about?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Office Pig posted:

This just in, Jr.'s lawyer has released a statement:

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/884897415010041857

Might want to hold back on the loyalty proclamations Eric old boy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Wait which lovely rear end gringo pair you talking about?
Hannity and Trump Jr.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Wark Say posted:

But enough about you and your girlfriend

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Might want to hold back on the loyalty proclamations Eric old boy.

Inb4 "See, my brother did nothing wrong: peepee_tape.mp4"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Any D senator who votes with the Republicans on anything, let alone the worst health care bill ever conceived, may as well blow their brains out right now.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I learned in DARE that chewing on pens and pencils makes you more likely to smoke, and they encouraged us to tell each other to stop doing it. One of my classmates pushed my hand away when I was chewing on a pen cap, and the teacher looked me in the eye and said "she just saved your life." This probably sounds ridiculous and unbelievable to anyone who didn't have the DARE program in school, the rest of you are probably laughing and trying to remember the dumb poo poo they told you.

cr0y posted:

The_Donald reaches critical mass and Reddit's servers crash with "ERROR: CUCK" shown on the screen
People get really angry
John McCain is very, very concerned
Everything continues as if nothing had happened

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm hoping the Pulitzer committee awards this year's prize for best Breaking News Reporting to Donald Trump Jr.

But you didn't answer the question. :P

Paradoxish posted:

The problem with this is that Republicans don't actually give a poo poo about healthcare and the ACA doesn't need to be fixed in the way that the GOP wants. There are problems with it, but the solutions almost universally involve things that Republicans are ideologically opposed to. Cost issues mostly come down to a lack of government involvement in the market, and the same goes for access to healthcare in general. Republicans are only motivated to mess with the ACA because they want to cut spending, but cutting spending and improving healthcare are mutually exclusive goals. Take away the cuts and literally nobody on the GOP side wants anything to do with healthcare reform.

Or rather take away the cuts and it is harder to justify their knee-jerk reaction to voting along with their party. It's still a possibility, though.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Covok posted:

Inb4 "See, my brother did nothing wrong: peepee_tape.mp4"

eric and Jr turn out to be the russian hookers

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Well, apparently one of my Facebook friends is still more pissed at some Democrats in California blocking single payer health care than the mounting evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians. I don't know why a Bernie supporter clings so hard to his spite for the Democrats when there are literal crooks and traitors in the White House, but I've given up understanding him at this point.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/ChrisLicht/status/884905334757875713

"Quitter Joe only left GOP to be with love affair Mika! Can't stand the heat of politics. Fairweather Fan! #sad #maga #quitterjoe"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Big story coming out tonight, according to some sources.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wark Say posted:

He sincerely believes that he did nothing wrong.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

AsInHowe posted:

I hear a thing might happen in the near future according to sources.

spoilers the thing is me getting tacos

double spoilers it's me i'm the source

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

AsInHowe posted:

was he taken off life support?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yeah, his meltdown is the second best thing about today.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spaced God posted:

SOURCES: Donald Trump loves pissing

Whoa, that's crazy, you guys!!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

paperwind posted:

Well, apparently one of my Facebook friends is still more pissed at some Democrats in California blocking single payer health care than the mounting evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians. I don't know why a Bernie supporter clings so hard to his spite for the Democrats when there are literal crooks and traitors in the White House, but I've given up understanding him at this point.

He really wants to justify his Jill Stein vote to himself

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spaced God posted:

You're the leaker!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

What a roller coaster of a day, man. This is seriously exhausting.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/884908996808802305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Things said by my (democrat) parents:

"the democrats are bad too"
"there's no such thing as a partisan judge"
"you can't just oppose everything the republicans do"
"they (the republicans) don't hate minorities"