Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

As soon as you finish the bone krew highlight vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah that's a good idea, I'm down to throw down $5 or whatever on a prize. I'm just not sure what the best way to do voting would be. Maybe a temporary thread with a poll?

I'll just make a survey monkey poll and link in the relevant slacks/discords/here

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

As soon as you finish the bone krew highlight vid

I might have something cooking as a tribute to our dear OP. I'm dedicating several hours to it tomorrow between Prime Day deal hunting.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real question is what the prize should be. Traffic cone? Double sided giant black dildo?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You gain the honor of footing our $10k a month slack bill.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do people still use slack for gaming?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
No, we mostly talk about guns and each other's moms

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So it's still just IRC then.

Right on.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah i irc. Insert my righteous cock.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hell yeah i irc. Insert my righteous cock.

Insert my Righteous Cone was right there.

You're slipping.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

NostalgiaGoggles posted:

who's ready to block friendly snipers and rockets? :getin:

I hope you can use Titan shields to block the doorways in the first PvP map we saw so enemy players can't even get in the room to diffuse the bomb once you set it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Insert my Righteous Cone was right there.

You're slipping.

The cone is not righteous.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I hope you can use Titan shields to block the doorways in the first PvP map we saw so enemy players can't even get in the room to diffuse the bomb once you set it

They just walk through it

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Yeah they just block bullets dude. Otherwise poo poo would get crazy broken

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe Destiny 2 will have a payload mode in the future. In a payload mode having a wall that protect you in only one direction kind of makes sense. Bullets are coming from a direction, and you are kind of forced to be near the payload so it moves forward.

Overwatch have a lot of characters that can create or use walls in that sense. But with more imagination than what we have seen in Destiny.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
So.. Assuming D2 feels the same and has the same button mapping as D1, I should be able to use my existing XIM profile for the beta next week, right?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Yeah should all be the same with the addition of class abilities

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
As long as I can be a Big Dum Space Man that enjoys dunking on pubbies.... I'll buy the game once.

And only once.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So.. Assuming D2 feels the same and has the same button mapping as D1, I should be able to use my existing XIM profile for the beta next week, right?

Same engine so should be fine. At worst you might need to tweak sensitivity a little.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

I mean, I feel like it's probably a good thing that they aren't giving up 25% of the entire game in the beta, but maybe that's just me? :shrug:

I mean, I feel like it's probably a good thing they aren't trying to make people addicted to their loving game by a time limited beta and show to the world they have competent solutions to the laughable shitpile that is the post-TtK ingame economy and progression, but maybe that's just me? :shrug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm loving the "Destiny 2 Worldwide Apology" press tour

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

You can use the Halo 4 smart translator in Destiny and it works just fine.

Just to give you an idea of how little bungie actually does to their game engine.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There's no reason for them to ever touch the actually shootmans stuff tho, tbqh iykwim imho

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At least the story didnt get gutted like 3 months before launch this time.

I don't really give a poo poo about story though. Let me shoot mens.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Uh what

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWa_68VBNAs/

Bungie's post includes a shot of a Nightstalker shade step.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uh what

They never said that the game was only shipping with 2 subclasses, people are just assuming that. Also, shadestep is the hunter class ability, that could've been any subclass of hunter.,

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uh what

like at the very beginning? that's the hunter class ability

e: argh^^

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm loving the "Destiny 2 Worldwide Apology" press tour

What happen

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

They never said that the game was only shipping with 2 subclasses, people are just assuming that. Also, shadestep is the hunter class ability, that could've been any subclass of hunter.,

I admit to only half rear end paying attention to D2 videos but I thought the Hunter class ability was like a standing up side step dodge, not a full fledged multi directional roll.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PathAsc posted:

What happen

Destiny 1

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I admit to only half rear end paying attention to D2 videos but I thought the Hunter class ability was like a standing up side step dodge, not a full fledged multi directional roll.

There's a preview video somewhere out there that details the differences between them. Like, you can spec your titan barrier to be waist high or full height, and then the hunter shade step has one that reloads your weapon and the other does something that I can't remember. Anyway, they say that the different specs have different dodge animations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

There's a preview video somewhere out there that details the differences between them. Like, you can spec your titan barrier to be waist high or full height, and then the hunter shade step has one that reloads your weapon and the other does something that I can't remember. Anyway, they say that the different specs have different dodge animations.

Ah, that would make sense. Guess we'll see next week.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uh what

Has shaxx always been missing the horn on the left side of his helmet? Maybe I just never noticed

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The warlock class ability transports you to Amsterdam and you get turnt up

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Voidwalker gets shafted with a slow as gently caress novabomb and no roaming super.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Does the novabomb operate the same? I got the impression it was kind of like the Doom BFG now from the snippets in the crucible reveal.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

sadnessboner posted:

Does the novabomb operate the same? I got the impression it was kind of like the Doom BFG now from the snippets in the crucible reveal.

It seems like it floats through the air rather than being affected by gravity, and also looks to have a pretty fair degree of tracking as well. The one we saw could've just been specced that way, too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's been some class perk trees shown already that seem to alter the super and your ability synergy a little bit. I think we saw more of a traditional nova go off in one of the strike videos.

I'm gonna guess they have some kind of axion nova instead of shatter or lance or whatever.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CheeseFactory posted:

You can use the Halo 4 smart translator in Destiny and it works just fine.

Whoever wrote the drat "how guns shoot" code and input mapping didn't get paid enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the flip side of that, Bungie sure has gotten a hell of a lot of mileage out of that code. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.