Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Digirat posted:

Lower the difficulty to normal

How are you gonna get validation from your anime games if you don't play them on hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Is that seriously what H:ZD looks like? Because I'm gonna have to go buy it if that's in-game...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Is that seriously what H:ZD looks like? Because I'm gonna have to go buy it if that's in-game...

That's ingame. With some color filters for the photo mode, but yeah, the game is genuinely that gorgeous, it runs very well, and it's the best writing since Witcher 3. I consider it a must-own, especially since they've been patching the hell out of it and just added NG+ with an additional difficulty mode.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 11, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Liver Disaster posted:

How are you gonna get validation from your anime games if you don't play them on hard?

it's more like blazing through RPG's on easier difficulties often removes all semblance of strategy and risk, making the experience a bit less exciting

See: the recent etrian odyssey remakes on 3DS and their default "Normal" difficulty

but yeah persona is long and I'm not sure if the difficulty spike here is meaningful or just adding to the tedium, it might be time to fast forward through the rest of the game's combat.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah it's nuts. Better looking than Uncharted 4 and with large environments and numerous enemies. Buy it and turn most of the HUD off.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

mods namechange to Expert Persona Tactician pls

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
maybe you just don't enjoy turn based RPG's at all (this is fine!)

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Sweet, I'll be picking that up this weekend then, I've got a Pro and a 4k TV so that should be a nice use of them both.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I grabbed a half-price 15-month PS+ from Prime Day (lol at them trying to make that a thing but whatever) and immediately used that to grab Until Dawn. This game feels super-interesting if it can avoid the Telltale BINARY CHOICES ONLY thing they felt like they had sometimes. Is it me though or is the sound-mixing kind of weird, especially with voices? Sometimes they sound like they were recorded with terrible mics or something.

Also (minor cast spoiler) Peter Stormare holy poo poo!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Speaking of difficulty, I've been playing Horizon on Hard for a while now and while I'm not having much difficulty it's still frustrating because normal bandits are annoying arrow sponges. They can take as much punishment as a robot dinosaur, and take more than one headshot to kill! It's just really unsatisfying and makes me long for the Tomb Raider reboot or Max Payne. Is it better on normal difficulty or are they still sponges?

Fighting robots is mostly fine btw, my issues mainly concern the human enemies.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The only ones that take more than one headshot to kill are the ones wearing helmet. They take - wait for it - two headshots to kill.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Renoistic posted:

Speaking of difficulty, I've been playing Horizon on Hard for a while now and while I'm not having much difficulty it's still frustrating because normal bandits are annoying arrow sponges. They can take as much punishment as a robot dinosaur, and take more than one headshot to kill! It's just really unsatisfying and makes me long for the Tomb Raider reboot or Max Payne. Is it better on normal difficulty or are they still sponges?

Fighting robots is mostly fine btw, my issues mainly concern the human enemies.

You should be no-scoping bandits with only 1-2 arrows well into Ultra Hard. Upgrade your weapons, especially the sharpshot bow with +damage mods. Or just stack the shadow sling with +fire mods and roast bandit camps all day long.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

^^^ Purple weapons with fire mods tear through bandits. Gotta have those fire purps

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Thanks, I'll take a look at my mods. Do you ever get the ability to carry more than four weapons at the same time?

I really wish I enjoyed the game more, but so far the fighting and story haven't clicked at all. Riding the striders and taking photos have been the highlights.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Renoistic posted:

Thanks, I'll take a look at my mods. Do you ever get the ability to carry more than four weapons at the same time?

I really wish I enjoyed the game more, but so far the fighting and story haven't clicked at all. Riding the striders and taking photos have been the highlights.

Well, you can carry many weapons, but you can only equip four at a time, yeah. There are like six types of weapons total so basically you need to choose two to not equip at any given time,

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The highest class of weapons have multiple ammo types so it's functionally more than 4.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

haveblue posted:

The highest class of weapons have multiple ammo types so it's functionally more than 4.

Yeah, pick a support sling or a damage sling, the opposite sniper bow and your gtg.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's honestly probably the best looking game ever made up to this point. Even on a PS poor.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of you playing ffx12

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Empress Brosephine posted:

Any of you playing ffx12

Yeah they took out the Pirates Den

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

It's honestly probably the best looking game ever made up to this point. Even on a PS poor.
i
Ironically its supposed to be one of the smaller jumps in quality between poor and pro. After seeing how good it looked I really considered upgrading, but multiple articles agreed, its a negligible upgrade.

I think in general hdr makes a bigger difference then 1080 vs 4k and its pretty cool sony didnt hide it behind the pro.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Any of you playing ffx12

I wanted to but $50? Eh I got other purchases to make first.

It looks really cool though, always wanted to try it out. So glad I waited because I think I'm really gonna enjoy it, as I always loved the more old school exploration of earlier FF's and was not a huge fan of where 13, 14, or 15 went wiith this,

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Any of you playing ffx12

Yeah. Game rules.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Ironically its supposed to be one of the smaller jumps in quality between poor and pro. After seeing how good it looked I really considered upgrading, but multiple articles agreed, its a negligible upgrade.
It's nice if you're a framerate dork, HZD at 1080p 60fps is like :drat:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

HZD always runs at 30

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Norns posted:

HZD always runs at 30

Except for when you're on a pro and choose the performance profile in yr settings

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

acksplode posted:

Except for when you're on a pro and choose the performance profile in yr settings

Nope still running at 30

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Oh well poo poo. WTF is that performance mode even doing....

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lowering the resolution to 1080p locked at 30 vs 1800p with a few dips.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

looks like someone's not a very good frame rate dork eh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't see a difference between pro and old PS4 which is more of a compliment to HZD than anything. the only thing that was particularly visible was HDR mode, which honestly looked like a bit of parlor trick to me more than anything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chapter 7 of Until Dawn and my fiance and I have gotten everyone but Mike and Sam killed. :rip:

I figured if we'd do nothing with Chris and Ash that it'd be a fakeout and the saw would stop. :haw:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

talking about metal gear solid v grades reminds me of mother fuckin BIG SARU, that guys videos are wild

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

I preordered the game and am still in the 3rd dungeon. haven't played in like a month now

there were some changes I don't appreciate from the previous games (I miss the heal station in dungeons for example) and I kinda miss playing this series on a handheld, but really idk why I haven't gone back to it

You should hang out with the doctor at the clinic more, because she sells health-restoration packs you can use in Safe Rooms. You also have enough SP to get a fair ways through most Palaces.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
why couldnt thr pro just have a 4k player what the gently caress

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ex post facho posted:

why couldnt thr pro just have a 4k player what the gently caress

:sony: is unfortunately not an emote.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i just got an oled 4k and i still dont want a pro because it doesnt have a 4k player :mad:

gd it sony!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sounds like youre about to meet your new best friend, the x box one x

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
a 4k tv sounds perfect for the switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well he didnt say anything about skyrim but i cant argue with that either!