Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wicka died doing what he loved, throwing grenades out of a helicopter at the Venezuelan Supreme Court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mrfart posted:

Yeah I was also wondering what they mean by 'London'.
I really can't think of a part of London that is visually interesting enough and would not cause massive chaos when a race would be held there.

That and politically it's hard to justify. In Brussels they decided to not go through with the formula E plans,
on the grounds that it might give youngsters the wrong idea about racing in the streets.
Imagine letting road rage seb doing laps through your city at the taxpayers expense. I don't see it happening.

Driving through central London and you see why that 10 second time penalty for Seb's 'road rage' was bullshit. I've seen a shitcunt literally prang their own goddamn car by merging into a non-existent space out of pure, unadulterated rage.

Even as a Londoner, gently caress a London GP. It's bad enough having a public transport system brought to its knees by Marxists who pray to a false deity elected by just 12% of his idiot pander monkey Marxist electorate. The last thing this city needs is more chaos.

This has been an angry Londoner post bought you by The Joe Saward of Posting^TM.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'm in Toronto, and they're just setting up for the Molson Indy now. I think that means road closures from Wednesday through Sunday or so, on a fairly major commuter road into downtown. I live in the opposite end of town, and I take the train in, and I'm still bracing myself for the complaints from colleagues about the goddamn awful traffic delays. With that said, it was a pretty fun event to visit the couple times I've gone, but it's been years. Next year I'll take my older son.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm always shocked when goons have kids. Idk why. I mean I have a child and I guess some goons might find that shocking

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

RIP Wicka

Probably died throwing grenades out of helicopters with Hefe :allears: What a way to go out.

wait, I didn't even see this post lmbo

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Wicka died doing what he loved, throwing grenades out of a helicopter at the Venezuelan Supreme Court

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 11, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Even as a Londoner, gently caress a London GP. It's bad enough having a public transport system brought to its knees by Marxists who pray to a false deity elected by just 12% of his idiot pander monkey Marxist electorate. The last thing this city needs is more chaos.

What?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm guessing he believes the barely left of centre mayor should sack all the tube drivers next time they strike.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Dudley posted:

I'm guessing he believes the barely left of centre mayor should sack all the tube drivers next time they strike.

He should just sack them all. gently caress the RMT & Bob Crow. (I know he's dead, but gently caress'm anyway).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Driving through central London and you see why that 10 second time penalty for Seb's 'road rage' was bullshit. I've seen a shitcunt literally prang their own goddamn car by merging into a non-existent space out of pure, unadulterated rage.

This has been an angry Londoner post bought you by The Joe Saward of Posting^TM.

Bit of a long track, but Liverpool street down to monument, along the river then up past trafalgar square. Hit the british museum then use Euston road as a long straight. Done. gently caress the northern line right up, basically.

Or do like trafalgar square-the mall- somehow avoid victoria- the palace-piccadilly square?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Big Big Jezza Corbs is a top top lad who probably hates Silverstone like a good F1 fan.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I was totally stoked to see Indy in Boston but that only got as far as having a website and then evaporated.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I was totally stoked to see Indy in Boston but that only got as far as having a website and then evaporated.

They did take a bunch of people's money and then spent almost all of it (on hookers and blow, probably) before going belly up.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

I was in London this weekend and the hatred/diesel really is tangible in traffic. Saw several people flipping each other off (middle finger no less, what happened to the proud UK 'reversed victory symbol'?), swearing, honking, cutting lanes...
Didn't see much 'Marxism'. I saw endless parades of cunts in pimped out range rovers/X5's/Cayennes and other rear end in a top hat vehicles with custom license plates like 'I ROX 1'.
You know, people you hope will be struck by lightning.
The privatized public transport I used to go visit a friend in Rochester was ridiculously expensive and not exactly screaming marxism, but whatever.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Flipping the Vs is way more satisfying than a middle finger anyway, it's just more visceral, you can put your whole body into it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But the middle finger is American and America owns F1

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

V____:britain:____V

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

We Brits don't half rear end stuff, two fingers all the way, and that's ours, no taking that away, it's history

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Dudley posted:

There literally aren't any. There's no other grade 1s and the only grade 2s one is impossible to upgrade and one already went bust trying.

I'm sure the Circuit of Wales will be able to host it, they've already hosted the MotoGP twice.

by renting out Silverstone

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Norns posted:

I've obviously never driven it irl. But tons of SIM hours in GT3 and various Formula car. It's just a snoozer of a track to me.

I hate the latest redesign of Silverstone. I still have the pre-2010 track burnt into my head from many hours of racing on it with friends in Forza.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

keevo posted:

A reaction test thing. My best so far is .212 seconds.

https://f1-start.glitch.me/

Got .220 once, but mostly in the Mark Webber range of ".3" to "fell asleep at the wheel".

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just read on Twitter that some italian press is saying that Marchionne wants to rebrand the costumer engines to Alfa Romeo. And Mclaren Ferrari it's a posibility. What the gently caress?

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/07/mid-season-intrigue-revolves-around-ferrari-plans-for-drivers-and-f1-engine-supply/

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 12, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Don't you shits forget this :911:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I just read on Twitter that some italian press is saying that Marchionne wants to rebrand the costumer engines to Alfa Romeo. And Mclaren Ferrari it's a posibility. What the gently caress?

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/07/mid-season-intrigue-revolves-around-ferrari-plans-for-drivers-and-f1-engine-supply/

What the poo poo

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fellow Embarrassment to the Crown William Power gives an example of using one's whole body in the finger gesture.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

FIAT has been talking about looking for a back-door into F1 for Alfa for a while now. I still don't see it happening.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

Fellow Embarrassment to the Crown William Power gives an example of using one's whole body in the finger gesture.

Will Power is the best

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Michael Schumacher didnt die so Marchionne could put a Ferrari into a loving Mclaren. What the gently caress is this poo poo?!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I got one hell of a lucky start

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minto Took posted:

https://twitter.com/CalePutnam/status/879123774418890752

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

What the poo poo

This is how I feel about that:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My empire of dirt...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

My empire of dirt...

How many are from the bin?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

All except the rains.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

pik_d posted:

I got one hell of a lucky start

Every other attempt has been in the mid .2s except for this:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

All except the rains.

:tipshat:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The only thing our Will Power has done to embarrass himself was not doing a shoey after he won the Indy Championship a couple seasons ago!

I don't actually think that, but now I have the horrible image stuck in my head of someone doing a shuey with the milk from the Indy 500..... god that would piss a lot of people off! :D

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
That helmet is easily 2 sets of tires. Sell it and get a cheapo racequip.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

AMuS is reporting that Porsche will make a decision on entering F1 as an engine manufacturer in 2020 or 2021 by September

:cumpolice::siren::getin::cumpolice::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

AMuS is reporting that Porsche will make a decision on entering F1 as an engine manufacturer in 2020 or 2021 by September

:cumpolice::siren::getin::cumpolice::siren:

Meh, I'll believe it when I actually see the Porsche press release.

• Locked thread