Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

TheScott2K posted:

Tucker Carlson hasn't been dunked on this hard since Crossfire

He's the perfect avatar of the republican party, if you think about it. A dweeby, insufferable white guy in a bowtie who's been failing upward for twenty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Sinteres posted:

Putin's a monster who murders people in his country, invaded his neighbor and bombs hospitals in Syria, in addition to the more relevant attack on the US, but saying he's actually equivalent to Hitler is still pretty dumb; there's no indication he has genocidal intent, and that's what makes Hitler more than just a warmonger. Everyone in the US loves to compare every bad guy to Hitler or Stalin, but Putin's pretty firmly in a still terrible tier below those guys.

Who the gently caress cares about intellectual honesty with these fucks at this point? Call them Nazis just for the damned entertainment value.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Tucker actually looked shook for a second.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Night10194 posted:

What is even their plan.

Cutting medicaid to fund tax cuts. Full stop.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Is collusion a crime? Like, can you be sent to jail for collusion with an enemy of the US? Or is it just called treason at that point?

edit: serious question

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
It goes on longer than that clip. Tucker goes into the questionable "KILLING SADDAM WAS A MISTAKE" argument against nerdy military guy

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

paperwind posted:

Who the gently caress cares about intellectual honesty with these fucks at this point? Call them Nazis just for the damned entertainment value.

Liberals turning into war cheerleaders isn't going to help anything though. You don't call someone Hitler unless you want to fight them, and starting a war with Russia is almost as crazy as just doing what Putin says. Hillary doing poo poo like comparing Putin to Hitler obviously didn't do her much good.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Fox is talking about how this isn't treason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_1rJM9yTU

"Collusion is not a crime" said by this guy in the red jacket.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sinteres posted:

Liberals turning into war cheerleaders isn't going to help anything though. You don't call someone Hitler unless you want to fight them, and starting a war with Russia is almost as crazy as just doing what Putin says. Hillary doing poo poo like comparing Putin to Hitler obviously didn't do her much good.

Hillary could've poo poo a golden, deficit erasing egg and she still would've lost.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Despera posted:

It goes on longer than that clip. Tucker goes into the questionable "KILLING SADDAM WAS A MISTAKE" argument against nerdy military guy

He's right that the Iraq war was loving stupid, but he also supported it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Why can't someone dunk on Hannity on live television?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Why can't someone dunk on Hannity on live television?

He won't have someone on who might do that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sinteres posted:

It's possible to view a state as an enemy without cheering for open war on them. I know that's hard for a lot of Republicans to wrap their minds around.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

r/T_D is going full crazy right now - I mean more than usual. There's at least 2 posts on the front page about how Jr. was set up by Obama

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cheekio posted:

Is collusion a crime? Like, can you be sent to jail for collusion with an enemy of the US? Or is it just called treason at that point?

Well, the crime here isn't "collusion" its accepting foreign aid in an election, which is definitely a crime

Here is a link back to a post I made earlier today, that shows the relevant laws

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Sinteres posted:

What a loving coward

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/884945514214690816

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Willo567 posted:

What a loving coward

This is your daily reminder that Sean Hannity refuses to be waterboarded despite saying he would be to prove it was no big deal.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Sinteres posted:

Is it possible to dunk on someone who doesn't know their own stance on any issue?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

No Butt Stuff posted:

someone photoshop McConnell into a United 93 poster.

Photoshop McConnell over Pepe and, I dunno, maybe McCain over the hapless crew member

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Trump White House is so much less effective at advancing their agenda than I thought they'd be. And I thought they'd suck at it.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Cheekio posted:

Accepting aid from a foreign State in an election is a crime. Now Don Jr. will say he never accepted aid so voila no crime. But he could still get charged with conspiracy, which I think he was trying to subvert by publishing the e-mails and going NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
" See the thing you thought was a conspiracy is not because I admitted it and told you about it. So I am not guilty of being in a conspiracy".

That does not work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Willo567 posted:

What a loving coward

Tucker's preferred segments are screaming at college admissions officers who've had no media training. He's only able to punch downward.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
The fact that the FBI (And presumably Mueller) didn't actually know about the meeting before this is really disheartening.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sinteres posted:

Putin's a monster who murders people in his country, invaded his neighbor and bombs hospitals in Syria, in addition to the more relevant attack on the US, but saying he's actually equivalent to Hitler is still pretty dumb; there's no indication he has genocidal intent, and that's what makes Hitler more than just a warmonger. Everyone in the US loves to compare every bad guy to Hitler or Stalin, but Putin's pretty firmly in a still terrible tier below those guys.

He would very likely get rid of me and everyone like me (LGBT) given the chance and I say that with pretty serious thought.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They knew about it. It has actually been reported before that there was some sort of a meeting. No one could really confirm it though.

People knew it was going on but without a definitive proof it was just hearsay.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Thank god for the new york times

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/884732534353006592

:getin:

I guess this seems like a pretty good area of investigation too

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

He would very likely get rid of me and everyone like me (LGBT) given the chance and I say that with pretty serious thought.

You (they) are basically kill on sight on a good part of chechnya

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Correct, Putin isn't a nazi, he merely sponsors them internationally, and frequently domestically (until they become inconvenient, at which point they are thrown into jail).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Night10194 posted:

What is even their plan.

ram obamacare repeal into the ground at full speed killing all aboard and hope to get back to cutting taxes

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

Accepting aid from a foreign State in an election is a crime. Now Don Jr. will say he never accepted aid so voila no crime.

Then, somehow, someone leaked footage of the meeting recorded via smartphone that has Donald Jr. calling Donald Trump to accept the Russians' offer.

Bonus points is that the footage came from Donald Jr.'s phone because he was paranoid and recorded the whole thing.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

beautiful especially w/r/t fox's pushing of the whole neville chamberlain appeasement bullshit re: obama

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Enigma89 posted:

Fox is talking about how this isn't treason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_1rJM9yTU

"Collusion is not a crime" said by this guy in the red jacket.

These medicine adverts are kind of weird.

Oh and Fox & Friends don't seem that friendly.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel sorry for the Facebook team that has to do discovery on that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
BERNIE SANDERS IS THE NEWS LOL

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/884947925163442177

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I laughed out loud at this loving tweet.

This is a very good joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

The Glumslinger posted:

quote:

And more than a dozen sources from Congress, law enforcement and white-collar criminal cases who are familiar with such probes say the question of potential collusion between Trump’s aides and the invasive social media accounts is a crucial one.

Someone should make a ranking list of the most-sourced stories about this administration.

• Locked thread