Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Only just noticed the Cheetos in Chantal's back pocket which she hands Evil Coop after their mack session. that's the new best moment of the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Jerry will cut his foot off and it will become Michael J Anderson.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Breadallelogram posted:

Jerry will cut his foot off and it will become Michael J Anderson.

Haha, that's basically what it's gotta be. Except the Michael J. Anderson thing (probably). Even though it just seems wacky and he's high, I really think he went and stepped into some lodge magic up in them there hills. And of course no one will take him seriously. And Dr. Jacoby will probably end up clocking him with a golden shovel.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

One of my favorite things about Twin Peaks is how a scene can be both genuinely hilarious and genuinely terrifying.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010

Chinook posted:

Haha, that's basically what it's gotta be. Except the Michael J. Anderson thing (probably). Even though it just seems wacky and he's high, I really think he went and stepped into some lodge magic up in them there hills. And of course no one will take him seriously. And Dr. Jacoby will probably end up clocking him with a golden shovel.

When the "I am not your leg" bit played I first thought it was the same voice as the new Arm.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Episode 9 was probably my favorite episode of this new season. It felt like all the previous episodes were setting the stage, and now we've actually got the ball rolling. There are so many humanizing moments for characters in this episode, it's like a complete 180 from episode 8. Albert finds a fellow mortician that he actually connects to, Gordon and Diane bond over cigarettes, Dougie's boss shows him support, Ben Horne shows maturity, and Hawk & the gang are in on a mystery that feels like the old Twin Peaks. Even the music in this episode feels like it's back to its old self.

It feels like episode 8 was this big catharsis the show needed. Like it was sick of bottling up all of the negativity of the nuclear bomb, the experiment, and the woodsman--instead of keeping it covered up we just get to see the whole thing in its entirety, and now that it's finally been aired out things can get a bit lighter.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Only just noticed the Cheetos in Chantal's back pocket which she hands Evil Coop after their mack session. that's the new best moment of the episode

Yep ominous cheesy corn puffs, the bitcoin wallet of all American evildoers

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I haven't seen anyone here really mentioned it but when the detective sneakily got Dougie's fingerprints I pumped my fist and shouted "hell yeah!" Because now Cole and the gang will be alerted to the fact that Coops fingerprints just got a hit in the database and theyll finally find Dougie.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Bad Coop almost hitting Tim Roth (Hutch?) with the side-view mirror on the truck was something I missed the first time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seeing how it's been two weeks quick reminder that I co-host a podcast about this season (and that the latest ep is out now): http://www.hitwithwrench.com/ep-9-scuba-snacks/

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Basticle posted:

I haven't seen anyone here really mentioned it but when the detective sneakily got Dougie's fingerprints I pumped my fist and shouted "hell yeah!" Because now Cole and the gang will be alerted to the fact that Coops fingerprints just got a hit in the database and theyll finally find Dougie.

How did he still have the coffee cup after they left though? That isn't some magic coffee cup like Red's dime.

Also how many "temporal hiccups" have we seen? I can think of this weird gunshot, "yrev, very good," and Shaggy's wife falling over weirdly when Evil Cooper shoots her. Is that it?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How did he still have the coffee cup after they left though? That isn't some magic coffee cup like Red's dime.

Also how many "temporal hiccups" have we seen? I can think of this weird gunshot, "yrev, very good," and Shaggy's wife falling over weirdly when Evil Cooper shoots her. Is that it?
Uh, the cop brought him a new cup of coffee and he took the old one.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

JazzFlight posted:

Uh, the cop brought him a new cup of coffee and he took the old one.

That part confused me, too. When the cop brought back the cup, I initially thought there had been a time skip.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
ITT Goons can't keep track of two bright red coffee mugs, even after Todd Packer made a big deal out of his ingenious plan to swap them

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There's been lots of people blinking backwards, to the point where I've lost track. Off the top of my head - Denise, Sonny Jim, Hawk and Diane have had scenes were they move/blink subtly in reverse.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I also didn't catch that Dougie had a cup already. I thought they were bringing him the first one and planned on collecting it when they left or something.

I mean, it took me two seconds to realize after I saw them with the other cup though.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Cop give TWO cups!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=293jXZt43O8

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm predicting Audrey lives outside of Twin Peaks and Johnny's injury/death are the catalyst to get her to come back.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm predicting Audrey lives outside of Twin Peaks and Johnny's injury/death are the catalyst to get her to come back.

Just out of curiosity, do you still believe that Cooper raped Diane and Audrey? Seems more likely to me that he hypnotised them.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Cromulent posted:

There's been lots of people blinking backwards, to the point where I've lost track. Off the top of my head - Denise, Sonny Jim, Hawk and Diane have had scenes were they move/blink subtly in reverse.

No, it's called "blinking slowly."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sonny Jim definitely blinked backwards but I still blame that on autism

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
"Hey there, your coffee seems pretty stale so here's a new mug. NOW THAT I HAVE BROUGHT YOU A SECOND CUP, I WILL NOW TAKE YOUR FIRST CUP." *takes first cup and puts it in bag*

Goons: "How does Coop still have the cup? Is it magic? There is clearly only one."

They made a gigantic deal of blatantly showing them making a swap. How could you miss the second cup?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

And More posted:

Just out of curiosity, do you still believe that Cooper raped Diane and Audrey? Seems more likely to me that he hypnotised them.

I mean, sure? It's not exactly something I was gonna bring up again until/unless we got extra context to it.

How do you hypnotise a comatose person, anyway?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's easier than with people who are awake.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

...! posted:

They made a gigantic deal of blatantly showing them making a swap. How could you miss the second cup?

We didn't see Dougie drink his first cup. He was just holding it, and during the exchange, it was on the table next to him. Also, I was fixating on Dougie fixating on the coffee. :shrug:

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean, sure? It's not exactly something I was gonna bring up again until/unless we got extra context to it.

How do you hypnotise a comatose person, anyway?

You put a hand on their hand and chant "This is the water, and this is the well…" And then the bugfrog enters. :eng101:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Seeing how it's been two weeks quick reminder that I co-host a podcast about this season (and that the latest ep is out now): http://www.hitwithwrench.com/ep-9-scuba-snacks/
I just want to say, I really appreciate the way you've framed the podcast with two people with opposing feelings and views about Lynch. It really helps me sift through season 3 because I'm very split about it right now. Keep up the great work!

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
they made a big show of the cops staring at Janey-E, carefully taking the empty cup out of his hands and setting it down

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That ol' Goon Cup Blindness strikes again

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

quadpus posted:

they made a big show of the cops staring at Janey-E, carefully taking the empty cup out of his hands and setting it down

Listen, I care about casefiles, coffee and dougiejones. Everything else is secondary.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Coffee for help

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

ITT Goons can't keep track of two bright red coffee mugs, even after Todd Packer made a big deal out of his ingenious plan to swap them

Cup blindness is a thing man.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/8tKSwH4.gifv

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is the water, and this is the well
drink full and descend

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Mostly everything in twin peaks confuse me, the fact that a police station has more than one coffe cup does not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I get how it's confusing if you're not fully focused or looking properly at the right moment, which is what I felt first time round, but if you're paying attention it's super obvious

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was high as gently caress watching that cup scene and I still picked it up... I thought the whole point was that the idiot cops were being blindingly obvious about it.

This season is good to watch if you don't sweat the details in my opinion. It's the kind of show that's going to spawn eternal conjecture, so going along for the ride and soaking up the richness and quality of it is more important to me at this stage.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I feel like I can't make fun of the silly goons that missed the two coffee cups because I totally missed the dead bodies at the farm myself the first time through.

That Unsolved Mysteries thing owns though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Raxivace posted:

I feel like I can't make fun of the silly goons that missed the two coffee cups because I totally missed the dead bodies at the farm myself the first time through.

I thought they were asleep :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tao of lmao posted:

I bet he shows up at jackrabbit castle or whatever with Bobby and the boys.

A note from Major Briggs reads,"Jerry Horne will be there. I have no idea why or what he is doing though."