Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Glenn Beck was against Trump from the get-go. Something broke his brain and he's weirdly decent now

Decent?
He was against Trump because he was pro-Cruz.

He 'cracked' when he found out Cruz wouldn't be destroying the world in a religious 1776 founder gently caress everyone apart from white male christian fest.

Beck only sounds saner now because he cant out insane Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

KickerOfMice posted:

I remember reading a Rolling Stone interview that made me sort of see him in the same light. He's still an opportunistic hyperdramatic shock-jock. But he seems, for whatever reason now to have realized that his audience actually believes his insane bullshit and that it could hurt people if he goes off the deep end again. Thumbs up I guess?

He also runs the blaze which is basically a diet brietbart

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Boon posted:

Quick, someone who doesn't normally post here come in and tell me why this doesn't matter and is actually bad.

Uh did all Republicans everywhere spontaneously combust? I thought not. Check and mate, we are still doomed to 1000 years of darkness and Eternal God-Emperor Trump.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Boon posted:

Quick, someone who doesn't normally post here come in and tell me why this doesn't matter and is actually bad.

Its only on a state level and I'm sure Oklahoma Democrats are basically Republicans anyways.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/884911313050271744

"I couldn't help but arrange the meeting and then go to it"

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

moostaffa posted:

I know this is probably pretty :tinfoil:, but is it even possible that the email is fake and they're making everything up so they can go "haha, got you FAKE NEWS"?

...I'll show myself out.

How does one"reveal" that an email is fake?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Spin in 3....

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/884950648688701440

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

Its only on a state level and I'm sure Oklahoma Democrats are basically Republicans anyways.

Yeeeeees. That's the stuff. Thanks Mantis.

Now quick, tell me why that's completely different from deep red-state House candidates to really drive this home.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Shocker of the evening: Donald Trump Jr.’s Russian Connection Has Ties to Former Kremlin Spies

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I can't believe they thought it was a good idea for him to actually go on and talk about this.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Beck is also Mormon and the Mormon church was/is very much not a fan of Trump.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Hollismason posted:

I can't believe they thought it was a good idea for him to actually go on and talk about this.

Well, its the same legal team that read those emails and let him post them

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Glenn Beck was against Trump from the get-go. Something broke his brain and he's weirdly decent now

I have a bridge for sale, you want?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

moostaffa posted:

OK is becoming OK

Governer Mary Fallin

quote:

In December 2016, Fallin signed into law a bill to require all Oklahoma Department of Health-regulated entities, including restaurants, public buildings, hospitals, and small businesses, to install anti-abortion signs in their public restrooms by January 2018. The bill appropriates no state funding for the signs, requiring businesses to pay the estimated cost (estimated to be $2.3 million).

There's alot more about that god-bothering harpy too. It's in the link.

Despera posted:

He also runs the blaze which is basically a diet brietbart

Yeah, he didn't redeem himself, he's just microscopically less of a prick.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The incompetence of Trumps lawyers is the most surprising thing in all this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Despera posted:

No its not. Have you seen the man's doctor?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

If McConnell doesn't actually have the votes, then he might hold the vote just to embarrass the Nos as some form of ideological punishment?
The problem is that SOMEONE has to eat the label of "the person who killed Trumpcare". If there's no vote, that's McConnell. If there's an unsuccessful vote, that's also McConnell and whoever votes "No". So for McConnell, it's lose/lose. If no bill exists that can possibly please both Moderates and Teahadists, which now seems to be the case, then the only other option is to pick A bill and drive it straight at the wall in a colossal game of chicken, and see who blinks first.

There's a fairly reasonable chance that enough Senators will blink to squeak some bill through.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Despera posted:

Based on all the reports, Trump's lawyers actually know what they are doing. It's just that Trump, Trump Jr, and Kushner won't do anything they advise.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Despera posted:

What part of THE BEST PEOPLE do you not understand?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/884956770862608384

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/884582631018463232

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/884911313050271744

"I couldn't help but arrange the meeting and then go to it"

What the gently caress is wrong with this guy's face?

It's not even camera tricks or blinkey-shots, the dude just chooses to make this expression?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Based on all the reports, Trump's lawyers actually know what they are doing. It's just that Trump, Trump Jr, and Kushner won't do anything they advise.

That's probably whats going on

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ok hannity ill bite. Its worse that trump junior tweeted smoking gun evidence of a federal crime. Hth

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Having never watched Hannity before I fear my brain may melt. He's seriously going off on Obama poo poo from 2014 right now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Trump's lawyers literally told him "Don't tweet incriminating things" and Trump's response was "They're trying to take away my voice! Nobody knows how to handle the press better than me!"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/884957481700659200

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

I let the livechat up and spotted a future talking point:

There's so much wrong with this i don't even know where to start

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure who's worse to watch, Sean Hannity or Lawrence O'Donnell.

The guy is like Keith Olbermann but with none of the good parts.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Sinteres posted:

Could he? I mean I'm sure he wouldn't have been incel or anything, but for someone with ambition she was a good choice. If anything it was Ivanka who married down; her dad's crazy, but his is an ex-con, and hers has more money. She's obviously better looking, and how many high society debutantes would have wanted to convert to orthodox Judaism? Giving up one day every weekend to your religion is kind of a big deal. He might be in over his head now, but access to Trump has obviously worked out pretty well for him so far now that he's the minister of every portfolio.

I would totally marry someone like Ivanka, the insane dad gives ample opportunity for shenanigans, and just the exposure alone that comes with that gives you a platform for doing good stuff and publicly calling out Insane FIL's bullcrap. Move far away and you don't even need good excuses for not visiting at the holidays.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kimberly Guilfoyle's leaning into the Cruella Deville look there.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kekekela posted:

Having never watched Hannity before I fear my brain may melt. He's seriously going off on Obama poo poo from 2014 right now.

Obviously.
Obama didn't beat Russia, so its his fault that Junior was forced by Hilary to look for dirt on her.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

The emails were discovered in recent weeks by Mr. Kushner’s legal team as it reviewed documents, and they amended his clearance forms to disclose it, according to people briefed on the developments, who like others declined to be identified because of the sensitive political and legal issues involved.

el oh el

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Lawrence O'Donnell is saying Kushner is in a lot more trouble than Trump Jr. is that true?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The problem is that SOMEONE has to eat the label of "the person who killed Trumpcare". If there's no vote, that's McConnell. If there's an unsuccessful vote, that's also McConnell and whoever votes "No". So for McConnell, it's lose/lose. If no bill exists that can possibly please both Moderates and Teahadists, which now seems to be the case, then the only other option is to pick A bill and drive it straight at the wall in a colossal game of chicken, and see who blinks first.

There's a fairly reasonable chance that enough Senators will blink to squeak some bill through.

I think McConnell's current plan is to accept Ted Cruz's amendment, accept Ted Cruz's public advice to keep the Senate in session through the recess, have Ted Cruz champion the bill and work to get it passed, and then blame Ted Cruz when it all collapses.

And then 98 other Senators step forward to blame the whole fiasco on Ted Cruz, because if there's one thing the Senate can agree upon, it's gently caress Ted Cruz.

Maybe 97 if Mike Lee remains an idiot.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, I was being a little optimistic on that one. Still, it doesn't look like he has the votes, though it's remains incumbent to pressure Senators about it.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Boon posted:

I'm not sure who's worse to watch, Sean Hannity or Lawrence O'Donnell.

The guy is like Keith Olbermann but with none of the good parts.

O'Donnell is just unbelievably overly dramatic. He reminds me of when Avery Brooks would over act on DS9.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In 2005, following an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey, U.S. Attorney Chris Christie negotiated a plea agreement with Kushner, under which he pleaded guilty to 18 counts of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering. The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators; Kushner hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.

And, the crimes notwithstanding, [Jared] sees his father as a victim. "His siblings stole every piece of paper from his office, and they took it to the government," Jared maintained. "Siblings that he literally made wealthy for doing nothing. He gave them interests in the business for nothing. All he did was put the tape together and send it. Was it the right thing to do? At the end of the day, it was a function of saying 'You're trying to make my life miserable? Well, I'm doing the same.'"

"If you're convicting murderers, it's one thing," Jared said. "It's often fairly clear. When you get into things like white-collar crime, there are often a lot of nuances. Seeing my father's situation, I felt what happened was obviously unjust in terms of the way they pursued him."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

actionjackson posted:

Lawrence O'Donnell is saying Kushner is in a lot more trouble than Trump Jr. is that true?

kushner lied about this on his SF-86 forms and there is no loving way he can now pretend that was an accident and that's way easier to prove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also apparently kushner's lawyers are leaking highly incriminating documents to the press which isn't exactly great in your legal team

• Locked thread