Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

jareds dad is charles xavier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah but Reality Winner printed her poo poo from work, right? Like, at the actual FBI, where they could track her down in a couple seconds?

IIRC, the FBI had a short list of people who both viewed and printed the document. Without the Intercept handing over the original, complete with fingerprinting, Reality would probably still have her clearance revoked but be free.

Also, something that has really gone unnoticed in this is that the Intercept, in addition to handing over a high-quality copy of the original document unasked, contacted an individual with a current security clearance who would be in a position to validate the material. The reporter then told the contact that the document was mailed in and even gave the postmark information and followed that up by saying it was believe the leaker lived in city corresponding to the postmark.

Even without the document fingerprint, the FBI/NSA had enough information to narrow down the suspect pool to a single person. They were able to do this because the Intercept, either out of malice or error, helped.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

i want to play stellaris but i've had a couple beers and my attention span is poo poo

I want to understand Crusader Kings II

what the gently caress is a causus belli? what is a demense????

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Inspector Hound posted:

Ahahahahaha djtjr just poo poo on Hannity's monologue

I don't have cable. give me the deets!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/884957456408784896
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/884958302362193920

https://twitter.com/mlcalderone/status/884958248318771205

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0761212/quotes?item=qt0201972

quote:

President Richard: Caroline, you're everything that's wrong with politics. You vote not to legislate change, but to profit. You run not to make a difference, but to make demands.

Vice President Caroline Reynolds: You put me on your ticket not because I share your views, but because I didn't share your gender. So don't take the moral highground, we all know how this game is played.

cool this 2006 show predicted 2016 except more dumbed down

like by a lot

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I hope Hannity has a rage-induced heart attack

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

sexpig by night posted:

I love Tucker, he brings people smarter than him on to own him then makes a funny face at them as if they're the idiot.

"Well uh, maybe, maybe black people need to stop talking about racism???"

"Actually that would just let the status quo keep going and never solve anything."

"???????????????????????????"

audible flsutering

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

well

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh god they're talking about the meeting

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Idris Elba as Obama
Bill Cosby as Trump
Aged-up Jamie Foxx as Ben Carson
Disinterred Bernie Mac as Bannon
gently caress I can't even think of who would be Pence.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

why is wolverine getting wistful about calm.jpg??

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

ThndrShk2k posted:

He's in the slow process of animorphing into an old time politician.

syphilis and all

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

poo poo, he actually improved

is it because everyone else around him is becoming more ghastly?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we were all there

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

Schnorkles posted:

whats surprising to me is that ossoff actually apparently showed signs of having turnout trouble. After the vote count i just assumed the dems maxed out the total number of votes they had and it fell short.

a lot of people in the 6th got so harassed by calls and polls and non stop ads that they got election fatigue

almost everyone here just wanted it to be over, rather than wanting to choose someone

had a half dozen separate canvassers come to my house, and dozens of cold calls. that's just the amount while i was actually there to open the door too

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

Casus belli literally is just "case for war". you need a reason to declare war on someone. In CK2, it means you have a "claim" on their land, so your "casus belli" is that the land should be yours, by right.

EDI:T There are other casus belli too, like them being heretics, excommunicated, etc.

Demense is just the number of provinces you control directly, rather than controlled by vassals or other characters.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I don't have cable. give me the deets!

He did his open and inteod dj and dj was like "i didnt know there was any time left" amd sean was like "THEY'RE VERY HIGHLY RATED MONOLOGUES"

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Good Citizen posted:

haha

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

he... he just straight up labels his opening monologue segment as "opening monologue"

wowzers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Weeping Wound posted:

wait, you think right-side bannon is an improvement?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Casus belli literally is just "cause for war". you need a reason to declare war on someone. In CK2, it means you have a "claim" on their land, so your "casus belli" is that the land should be yours, by right.

EDI:T There are other casus belli too, like them being heretics, excommunicated, etc.

Demense is just the number of provinces you control directly, rather than controlled by vassals or other characters.

Lies

every term in CK2 is somehow about impregnating your own daughter because you believe her husband to be of inferior genetic stock

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

bedpan posted:

IIRC, the FBI had a short list of people who both viewed and printed the document. Without the Intercept handing over the original, complete with fingerprinting, Reality would probably still have her clearance revoked but be free.

Also, something that has really gone unnoticed in this is that the Intercept, in addition to handing over a high-quality copy of the original document unasked, contacted an individual with a current security clearance who would be in a position to validate the material. The reporter then told the contact that the document was mailed in and even gave the postmark information and followed that up by saying it was believe the leaker lived in city corresponding to the postmark.

Even without the document fingerprint, the FBI/NSA had enough information to narrow down the suspect pool to a single person. They were able to do this because the Intercept, either out of malice or error, helped.

OOPS we accidentally ruined this persons life when she called us out on our bullshit :shrug:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Lies

every term in CK2 is somehow about impregnating your own daughter because you believe her husband to be of inferior genetic stock

cuck kings 2 amirite

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Casus belli literally is just "case for war". you need a reason to declare war on someone. In CK2, it means you have a "claim" on their land, so your "casus belli" is that the land should be yours, by right.

so religion makes it 1000000% times more fun as I can just be a Satanist and declare the world heretical, right?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
All of these terms are pointless

There is one rule in Crusader Kings 2: ABS

Always. Be. Stabbing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Epic High Five posted:

Lies

TRUMP!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Weeping Wound posted:

He looks way more pallid and dumpy in the right one but the left one is clearly lit darker and balanced to bring swarth into his face for some reason. Probably hasn't changed him at all.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

cuck kings 2 amirite

I feel like that's some level above mere cucking

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Don Jr is the dumbest shookest mother fucker ever.

He looks like he's about to cry.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Always. Be. Stabbing.

:thunk:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

703 posted:

Well this made my night, sorry if it's old news

https://twitter.com/IceManNYR/status/884933032016216065

:trumppop:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ive never met from someone from russia in that context

:thunk:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Always. Be. Stabbing.

as my old history teacher would say

stabbity stab

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lastgirl posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0761212/quotes?item=qt0201972

cool this 2006 show predicted 2016 except more dumbed down

like by a lot
I stopped watching after like, the 2nd or 3rd prison I forget.

I'm glad they're doing buddy poo poo still with CW show characters

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

His excuse is "this was before Russia mania" and "i didn't even get anything"

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

so religion makes it 1000000% times more fun as I can just be a Satanist and declare the world a heretic, right?

youve got a point in that being a heretic/heathen gives you casus belli on everyone else all the time so its way more fun

satanists are a secret cult so that doesn't really fall under that mechanic - you still have a "public" faith

they nerfed the strategy of being a heretic though, because now if you declare a holy war on a catholic for example, catholic neighbors will help them defensively in the war

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

this one's for you, morph

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bedpan posted:

It was malice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

Always. Be. Stabbing.

they nerfed stabbing a bit but its stil viable