Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Yep. I wouldn't say it was dominated by LL, iirc they all got roughly the same amount of time/songs in, but what Allarion said basically. That said, I was in the front row and it was hype as hell up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still jealous.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

*prays they can do otakon next time*

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't care where, if they come to NA again, I will go again

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
:same:

All the idols have posted about the experience and they were all super impressed at how enthusiastic we were. They had as much fun as we did. Hopefully this means they come back.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
SHIIIINNYYY!!!!!

I think this is my first time getting two UR in a pull. That Angel Mari is drat near basically the second-best cool scorer in the game, and (both! I have that SR in my present box!) smile Mari goes perfectly with how my (:love:) Job Dia (:love:)'s center skill is upping the 3rd years. Man the year-based team center skill is so much better than the subunit one. It made me belatedly realize it's kind of a shame Guilty Kiss is so boss, because they're the only subunit without two members from the same year. (Lily White was like that too)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SHINE!!!!

You see that's a pun because shiny things shine, but also shine means die which is my catchphrase when people pull URs.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
:discourse:

First is love

sun sun sunshine

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

E-flat posted:

SHIIIINNYYY!!!!!

I think this is my first time getting two UR in a pull. That Angel Mari is drat near basically the second-best cool scorer in the game, and (both! I have that SR in my present box!) smile Mari goes perfectly with how my (:love:) Job Dia (:love:)'s center skill is upping the 3rd years. Man the year-based team center skill is so much better than the subunit one. It made me belatedly realize it's kind of a shame Guilty Kiss is so boss, because they're the only subunit without two members from the same year. (Lily White was like that too)

👌

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

E-flat posted:

SHIIIINNYYY!!!!!

Nice pull, have yet to hit a double UR myself.

My own latest pull wasn't so bad, I guess:

Two SRs from the new Animal set, just waiting for a couple more Seals to idolize the Mari.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Double URs don't exist.

Die.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Ahoy, idol friends! As part of our continuing idolwatch, we're going to watch the µ's Final Live Day 2 on Sunday, 7/30 at 3pm CDT.

For the uninitiated, this is the final concert of the seiyuu for OG Love Live! It's sure to be exciting and emotional, so stop by! Bring your light blades!

Idols! Idols!!!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Idols?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yes, Chaika idols.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My cousin and I were talking about Macross and that led to my wondering why idol+mecha isn't a thing right now, given the popularity of idols. Is there even fan art of Nico Nico piloting a transforming mech??

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just bought clippers. They literally arrived yesterday. These are also the god hand versions so they're already really expensive and not worth it for the price anyway, since you use an exacto knife at that point.

https://twitter.com/lovelive_staff/status/884337677826494465

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/pito_sh/status/884354266478952450

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nipper

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also whyyyyy???

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm still not sure that I'm ready for this again...

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Is anyone playing the new Million Live game? How is it?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's good

First event hasn't started yet so we don't know how they're going to be, but there's 12 songs to play with for now and all that good early levelling up stuff.

Gameplay is somewhat Starlight Stage-y, minus slides, plus flicks (3 directions). The difficulties are 2 note targets, 4, 6 and then 6 but harder. Also easy solo/hard solo which is played vertically with again, 2 targets.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 11, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm liking it a lot. It's removed most of the tedium from idol management by having unlimited space and automatically turning duplicates into experience and an item used to increase star level, there's a way to quickly spend stamina without playing songs, and they've removed friends points in favor of a system that goes you a real draw occasionally by building up points you get from doing things. The idols wander around the theater in 3d on the main menu and chat with you, they send you text messages (in game) and update their blogs, the choreography is varied and dynamic, the songs are fun, and the idols are cute.

It's also a battery-killer, has monstrous requirements to play on max settings, and is finicky and doesn't run on some phones (:rip: zep), but nothing's prefect.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:mad:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theater days

pros:
og im@ses!
nicer graphics?
no inventory limits
no big slide chains
more charts per song
you can grind free solo pulls
there are per-idol dress drops
the equivalent of a 'nice' doesnt break combo
i got 2 ssrs to start and have since pulled a 3rd

cons:
energy only lets you play like 2.5 songs at a time
lots of loading times for the commus and moving around the office
the songs are largely straight-ahead synthy jpop and less varied than CG
card art is less interesting and its too hard to read the english names on them
the notes are really small and the... lower frame rate? makes hitting them less satisfying
you can do convo grinding like bandori but its kinda busywork if you don't know japanese
i like the art direction/aesthetic of CG better (like none of the ML ssrs I have are particularly cute)

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 11, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Polsy posted:

Gameplay is somewhat Starlight Stage-y, minus slides, plus flicks (3 directions).

slides are still in for the harder difficulties, they just look like a bunch of flicks you can't possibly do by flicking each one individually. e: also some holds will now make you slide and release on a different note target too

Super No Vacancy posted:

i got 2 ssrs to start and have since pulled a 3rd

(like none of the ML ssrs I have are particularly cute)

die

also my code in Theater Days is XQBUG8KX if you don't have enough SSR Kaoris in your list already

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 11, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Kaori is very cute

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I love her giant cowlick that is like the size of her arm

Hat covers it up though. She is very cute!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

the equivalent of a 'nice' doesnt break combo

card art is less interesting and its too hard to read the english names on them
i like the art direction/aesthetic of CG better (like none of the ML ssrs I have are particularly cute)

The no combo break for 'good' is weird but I guess I can't really complain.

The original SS SSR card art wasn't particularly interesting so I'm willing to see what comes later. Obviously the N/R stuff is meh but if you look at ML it's not like they're incapable of making good cards (assuming some of the same people are involved).

also

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I miss idoling in the idol Discord--I think I might have accidentally left it while trimming emote servers I'd joined. Would anyone be able to PM me an invite?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://uta-macross.jp/pre/ macross idol mobage pre-reg has appeared for anyone else welcoming a new deculture hell.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I miss idoling in the idol Discord--I think I might have accidentally left it while trimming emote servers I'd joined. Would anyone be able to PM me an invite?

hell, I'll just post it https://discord.gg/xBw8Be

good for a day for up to 5 people

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

I really like how the Theater Days SSR's look so far, more contrasty and vivid. Unfortunately my phone is pretty old so I wont be able to try it for a good while.

And I hear the next season of the Cinderella Girls got announced. Lots of Nono/individuals screen time please.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

And I hear the next season of the Cinderella Girls got announced. Lots of Nono/individuals screen time please.

second season of the theater *

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

deathbot posted:

https://uta-macross.jp/pre/ macross idol mobage pre-reg has appeared for anyone else welcoming a new deculture hell.

Oh good. Can never have enough games I barely play on my phone.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

second season of the theater *

Ah yeah right you are. I do hope they do another season of the A-1 Pictures Cinderella Girls eventually.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:same:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'm glad that God Knows is the new Shuwashuwa.

Only its hard as hell. So like, a reverse shuwashuwa.

can't wait to see my phone's too old for macross, too.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

I really like how the Theater Days SSR's look so far, more contrasty and vivid. Unfortunately my phone is pretty old so I wont be able to try it for a good while.

Yes more Nono please. She got more in the preview short than in her one appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

People are frequently culled to keep the number of active members under 100, so that all online and offline members can be seen.