Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I'd say it's down to yomi vs glavenus of those options. the rest will all do more damage thanks to their prongs and/or 7c awakenings. also yomi is the only thing you listed that isn't covered by glavenus' damage boost so there's no reason to use both. also keep in mind that you can't drop indra unless you also lose dathena since she doesn't have an sbr

glavenus does more damage but yomi's awakenings are better for anubis I think. I'd prob use yomi, personally. I prefer the active for a combo lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Decided to dust off an old EU alt just to roll in monster hunter and of course the account gets Amatsu.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm 3 for 3 on monster hunter rolls with Nargacuga, is he the silver trash of this collab or what

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right, Anubis reincarnated and +297'ed. Now I can properly jump in on this Diablos bandwagon. Could go for some team talk as I have no real idea what I'm doing aside from stacking time extends and bind immune.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So really though, is there a non-Fujin way to deal with Sopdet on an Anubis/Diablos team? I've had to abandon multiple runs now because of her and limiting you to one loving skill to beat a particular floor is very very very very stupid.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

SweetJahasus posted:

So really though, is there a non-Fujin way to deal with Sopdet on an Anubis/Diablos team? I've had to abandon multiple runs now because of her and limiting you to one loving skill to beat a particular floor is very very very very stupid.

Maybe activate a skill and do matches near the top and hope for no sky fall. Though with single anubis that's only 3x, right? Probably better to run kush for a3 anyway.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right, Anubis reincarnated and +297'ed. Now I can properly jump in on this Diablos bandwagon. Could go for some team talk as I have no real idea what I'm doing aside from stacking time extends and bind immune.

I'm also eager to hear recommended teams for Anubis/Diablos. I don't have a hell of a lot of REM monsters on the account that has Anubis, so I am struggling to know what to run with it. Right now my team has D Kali, Apoc, and Orochi on it. I am thinking of farming a Gunma for that last place, everyone seems to suggest that is a great option to activate a skill each turn.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

MrMoose posted:

350,083,245 Diablos up and +297, gonna skill him over the next couple weeks. Have a Fujin on there for a long pseudo SDR + stats. He's in slot 1, so he'll always be up. Would love some Anubis friends, especially ones with defensive cooldowns!

Who else do you normally run? I might bff you.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 12, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
gently caress I've been playing this game for 1500 days. What is wrong with me.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I want follow up attack right now. :(

I could roll for the 2 MH mons that have it or I can wait for Momiji and Norns to come to NA.

Momiji is still probably the best(?) for Anubis but Glavenus seems pretty good too. I can't really tell though.
Amatsu doesn't really fit on any of my teams. My best blue option is probably Julie and Amatsu breaks green. I don't have a Skuld.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I cobbled together an Anubis team of Diaochan, Revo Indra, L/R Hathor, and Khepri and it's kind of fun though I haven't done anything difficult with it yet because I'm lazy as hell.

I probably have better subs for this team than this but Hathor is pretty disgusting with two 7c awakenings.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I'm happy to have a Glavenus just because now if Shroots ever gets a meta-worthy evolution/leader skill upgrade, Glavenus will be a top tier sub because:

1. Is dragon type
2. FUA awakening
3. Enhances damage for dragon type mons
4. Provides red color coverage.
5. THREE TIME EXTENDS.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I wish I had a Diaochan or two because I am not great at getting more than 8 combos consistently. It would be embarrassing to field both Yuna AND revo Yomi...

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

fairlight posted:

I wish I had a Diaochan or two because I am not great at getting more than 8 combos consistently. It would be embarrassing to field both Yuna AND revo Yomi...

Just do it. If you don't need specific subs to deal with specific problems , run what works best for you. As you play, remove the crutches.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fairlight posted:

I sometimes field 3 yomis, because why the gently caress no?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Trading is cool. I can't think of what I want or need.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'm screwing around with 2 Diaochan, Revo Yomi and Awoken Yomi because why not?

I still need to beat Legendary Remains and my new problem is resolve on the boss.

Maybe I'll use Anubis/Diaochan/Diaochan/Diablos to clear out a couple of the Legendary Technicals in Challenge Mode? The first 3 look doable with that. Not sure what to do with Ilsix to the end though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

whale for glavenus or amatsu obv

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

ChikoDemono posted:

Trading is cool. I can't think of what I want or need.

I want to use it to get old collab farmables for my collection, stuff I like the art of but neglected to save a copy of. I already got a Plessie-bean and a Hakumen no Mono from trading! Very happy about those.

My wishlist:

Kittyn & Mimmyna (6* or 5*)

Kinnikuman Mariposa (5* or 4*)
Pitou (5* or 4*)

Burter (4* or 3*)
Thirty-One Dub-Sapphilit (4* or 3*)
Silver Banshee (4* or 3*)
Crystal Paladin (card #2156) (4*, or unevo as Aqua Surfer 3*)

Baby Seal (3* specifically, I don't want the evo form)

Burter is the highest priority on my list, and I'd take multiples of him if I could. He's got an orb refresh active, but he's also a consolation prize for the fact that DBZ hasn't existed for the entire time I've been playing JP. One goon in the discord chat offered to give me one, but we just added each other as friends so it's going to be 30 days before we can trade.

(almost 800 days of playing JP and no DBZ... still a little salty that Trunks and Android 18, my 2 favorite characters, are both blue and I'll never get either. grumble grumble.)

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Are we friends in JP? I'll give you my Burter. Hell, I'll give you the entire Ginyu Force. 269 689 377

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

ChikoDemono posted:

Are we friends in JP? I'll give you my Burter. Hell, I'll give you the entire Ginyu Force. 269 689 377

Sent, see you in a month

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol one guy is desperately looking for monhun parts on trading, i guess he didn't finish all his evos, poor guy

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

I knew there was a reason I would log into and do daily dungeons for 4 different rank 150 alts. Whole lotta snowglobes coming my way.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
so I've already been trading up a storm and it seems like the trade economy will have three "currency" tiers of useful poo poo that everybody wants

lowest: piis
middle: sdr tams, less useful killers
high: god machine dragon killers

orph parts are in demand for now and I've been unloading mine as fast as possible

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zo posted:

so I've already been trading up a storm and it seems like the trade economy will have three "currency" tiers of useful poo poo that everybody wants

lowest: piis
middle: sdr tams, less useful killers
high: god machine dragon killers

orph parts are in demand for now and I've been unloading mine as fast as possible

What are you getting for your parts?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

LuciferMorningstar posted:

What are you getting for your parts?

mostly killers and sdr tamas cuz i don't like farming those, it's a great deal so my trades get snapped up pretty quickly

my trades so far:

(i don't need the piis or the orph head but i think they were asking for cheap stuff)

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

GoodBee posted:

I'm screwing around with 2 Diaochan, Revo Yomi and Awoken Yomi because why not?

I still need to beat Legendary Remains and my new problem is resolve on the boss.

Maybe I'll use Anubis/Diaochan/Diaochan/Diablos to clear out a couple of the Legendary Technicals in Challenge Mode? The first 3 look doable with that. Not sure what to do with Ilsix to the end though.

Sub in someone with FUA. :getin:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Farming monster hunter evo mats sucks so much

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you don't need to do 3 player for any evo mats, do you? they're just rarer in the regular dungeon?

isndl
May 2, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't need to do 3 player for any evo mats, do you? they're just rarer in the regular dungeon?

3p is more reliable for the rare materials and doesn't drop the common mats at all. The most efficient way of farming is probably to farm 2p until you have all the common mats you need, then finish off in 3p.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

fairlight posted:

poo poo son, my team right now is Diablos/Romia/Romia/Glavenus/Odindra/Anubis.

17 Time Extends. 12.5 base seconds of move time basically. I suck at the game mostly, too, but in the end -- if the team you run can clear content and you're having fun, it's fine. Run whatever works for you.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

isndl posted:

Sub in someone with FUA. :getin:

I know! I'm so impatient for Momiji and the Norns to get theirs. I've got 57 stones right now and I'm tempted to roll on MH for Glavenus or Amatsu but I probably won't get one and then I can't roll for Skuld.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Not sure what sort of team to put together to pair with Diablos friends (since I'll never get my own).

I have Anubis and Kushi, though I need some dublits to evo them and their awakening mats. Sub wise I'm not sure what to go with. Glavenus seems like a solid choice, maybe Raijin. Got A.yomi and could make a 2nd for TE help if I suck and need all the TEs possible. A somewhat out of date PADHerder list:
https://www.padherder.com/user/Evilfluffy/monsters/

(holy poo poo PADHerder takes forever to load and kills Firefox)

Sockser posted:

Farming monster hunter evo mats sucks so much

How big of a deal is it to get the evo mats for the hunters and are they really worth the effort?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

It doesn't look like there are any mats only available in 3 player MH. Am I wrong?

I also don't know exactly how 3 player works. If I want to play 3 player in person, what kind of teams do we need to build? What's shared? Don't we each pick a team and friend leader? Is there a 3 player faq?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I'm actively playing again after having quit for a long time. I'd like to try and get the female hunter, so I'm trying to revo my anubis (thank you seeker for helping me with the descend drops <3) and get some of my hakus and yomis up to snuff.

I would very much appreciate a couple diablos friends! Or really any friends! I started cleaning out my friends list because it is full of people who've been dead for a thousand days. I don't think I have anything special to offer atm, though I'm happy to evo specific things and set up inherits and make them available if people see something i have and want it on their friends list!

My ID is: 370,579, 205

Here's my box atm, i cleaned it up after some people in the thread yelled at me for all of my 4* garbage: https://www.padherder.com/user/tsurupettan/monsters/

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

GoodBee posted:

It doesn't look like there are any mats only available in 3 player MH. Am I wrong?

I also don't know exactly how 3 player works. If I want to play 3 player in person, what kind of teams do we need to build? What's shared? Don't we each pick a team and friend leader? Is there a 3 player faq?

All materials can be obtained through the regular version, yes. Previously I had thought that there were some 6* mats not used for hunters that were exclusive to 3p, but double checking the data reveals that memory is wrong.

If you want to play 3p with friends, you can host a lobby and join from either a list or codes, similar to the way you host and join 2p. All 3 players pick a helper from their friends list, that does not have to be the 3 players running. No awakenings or HP are shared. The only things that are shared are effects (enhances, skyfall buffs, being skill bound) and the state of the board itself.

Most 3p dungeons have enemies with very high HP. In 3p MH, Diablos has 101m HP. Therefore you want teams that can deal a large amount of damage reliably, and enough skill boosts and SBR to cover whatever you need. Your skills only charge on your turn, so you're likely to have trouble getting long inherits ready in time. For 3p MH, the teams I see doing well in practice are Anubis, Kenshin, Ilm with lots of dragon killers, row teams with lots of SB... Sengoku 2 are quite effective even though I see them only rarely. In the future, Yog-Sothoth and Mizutsune Hunter are extremely popular and come to be the most common 3p leaders. Upcoming GFE Kamimusubi will also be extremely popular I'm sure.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

How big of a deal is it to get the evo mats for the hunters and are they really worth the effort?

Hunters are pretty worthless without their evo. Blue Hunter is one of the best coop leads available and free to boot so expect to see them a lot in the near future. The rest vary in usefulness.

GoodBee posted:

3p just makes it easier to get the rare mats, that's all.

As far as differences in play, 3p is just single player but rotates between players. Build your teams as if you're playing single player (full SBR, enough HP for preempts, etc.) with the caveat that your skills charge at 1/3 speed and you have two other players who are likely going to gently caress your boards up (use up skyfall buffs, eat your orbs, leave you no enhances for 5oe, etc.).

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Are there "best" evos for these male/female hunters, or does it just depend on what might fit on some team you have? Blue and maybe light seem like they could be the best ones, I guess?

isndl
May 2, 2012
Everyone likely wants the Mizutsune Hunter (blue Hunter) because it's a staple coop lead, but after that everything is box dependent. Pick whatever suits you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

blue is the best for male hunter. female hunter depends on which active you need the most since the hunter ults can be inherited

isndl posted:

3p just makes it easier to get the rare mats, that's all.

As far as differences in play, 3p is just single player but rotates between players. Build your teams as if you're playing single player (full SBR, enough HP for preempts, etc.) with the caveat that your skills charge at 1/3 speed and you have two other players who are likely going to gently caress your boards up (use up skyfall buffs, eat your orbs, leave you no enhances for 5oe, etc.).

you can also make a 2 player room in 3 player mode if you're feeling confident or have an alt and really don't want to deal with random matching